The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

otumay

People, you're wonderful! Presently I only have time to visit once a week and am always awed by the artistry and mastery of the contributors. Ash, you're doing magic...

RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd, Ash, Mohammed, Steve! :salute:

Bill, enjoying your India series, nice shots!
Ryan, said it before but I love that swing & chain shot and the entire cemetary series!
Steve, nice to see you working more magic with the 35Lux! Wonderful set and love those B&W tones, really excellent!!

--------
... how did you get this effect? It's 3d? Almost like subtle HDR....Topaz detail has this effect at times, but you have mastered it! Lovely captures!
Ash, I use LR3 and SEP2, with a slight bump of local brightness, contrast and structure on the subject but I guess the magic dust in the lens helps a bit :D
Interesting point: when I looked at your 50 Noct and 50 Lux pics, I always see the 3D pop, but when I look at my own pics, it seems less subtle :LOL:

----------
M9 90 Tele-E

dude163

I got to use my Elmar 90/4 from 1958 , but I forgot my tripod, so this is handheld at 1/15th of a second!! ( lesson learned, night shots = tripod!)

Oh I forgot to mention I used the Silver efex pro trial to convert it to B+W

Lloyd

--------

Ash, I use LR3 and SEP2, with a slight bump of local brightness, contrast and structure on the subject but I guess the magic dust in the lens helps a bit :D
Interesting point: when I looked at your 50 Noct and 50 Lux pics, I always see the 3D pop, but when I look at my own pics, it seems less subtle :LOL:

----------
M9 90 Tele-E

Joe, this is just an amazing image. Terrific, really. I was an official photographer at the Boston Marathon last year, and I would have been proud to include an image this good in my Boston Marathon portfolio.

Lloyd

I got to use my Elmar 90/4 from 1958 , but I forgot my tripod, so this is handheld at 1/15th of a second!! ( lesson learned, night shots = tripod!)

Oh I forgot to mention I used the Silver efex pro trial to convert it to B+W
Very moody. Nicely done, Robert... even without a tripod.

m_driscoll

Ceh (Cenek, is it?): Love the shot of the couple with the baby.
Ash: More great stuff. Funny, when I first saw the top one I though you had some serious gunk on your sensor... then I realized it was birds (putting on my glasses helped a lot.)
Endre: Very nice. I'm jealous of your Spring.
David: More nice shots. That floor at the Arias gives me vertigo! The Las Vegas visitor and convention bureau needs to hire you!
Ceh/Ashwin/Endre/David: +2, guys! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

seakayaker

David: +1! I missed this one. Beautiful B & W. Circus Circus was one of the places we went to in 1971, the first time I visited Vegas (weekend leave from Twenty Nine Palms, down the road).

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
++3!

David, Love the Lady on the Rope, wonderful detail!

. . . . . Matt, you were not the first nor the last that made the journey from 29 stumps to Las Vegas for a weekend!