The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

sjg284

Been gone for 2 weeks.. had a lot to catch up on!

Dan - You and ashwin have me thinking of spring here
Ashwin - Great moment captured, and the springlike feeling is great
Shiro - I am looking forward to summer with this one, a great fun shot
ceh - I love the coolors in this one - blues of the mountain mirroring the blues of the clouds / warm lights on the ground mirroring the warm sunset sky
RF - Great B&W conversion, fantastic tonality.. sharp.. lovely
Charles - More great seaside shots. Your work makes me want to turn into a surfer, sailor, or both. thanks!
Ryan - I think the weather worked out for your photos! Very moody, misty, mystical... lovely.

sjg284

And since I have 2 weeks of work to present.. I will do a few batches..

Here's some from Florence-
All m8
90 Elmarit v1

50 lux v1

ZM25 biogon

50 lux v1

35 cron v2

35 cron v2

35 cron v2

thx for looking!

ashwinrao1

Some re-visits, previously not seen, as I sort through my library....

All from my visit to Egypt about 1.5 years ago, just before I joined this wonderful forum...

And one more from India

Last edited:

m_driscoll

I really love this shot Matt. It's so surreal...dark and haunting, yet full of energy...count me as a fan!
Love This Matt!...
Hey Matt
Love the picture!! Fantastic ! Surreal, makes us go an search the picture and keep finding odd interesting stuff which we do!

Love it
Matt, amazing shot in the bar, excellent composition, specially with blurred face on the front...
Ashwin/Steve/Proenca/Mohammad: Gentlemen, thanks! :D:D
Ashwin: It's shot at the Red Door in Fremont. Almost your "local".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

One from earlier this fall, which I don't think I have shared. M9 and Noct f/0.95
Ashwin: She's like a wee faerie. :thumbup:

One more from India...
One from the M8 days, with the 50 collapsible elmar...
Ashwin: Brilliant portrait: tone, IQ, look, all of it. :salute:

NOTHIN' special, but a few from today....M9 and Noctilux .95
Ashwin: Nice set. I really like this one! Well balanced; wonderful focus. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Thanks for the comments all....appreciate it.
Matt - I like the shot...like the lamp. I wonder what my wife would say with that in the living room :)...
Some night shots....much harder to do with the M9 vs DSLR
35 Lux

next two with the ZM 18 Biogon. Disappointed with the first shot....too much light on the sign. I wasn't thinking and didn't get a second shot to blend together. Still like it, just not what I was hoping for

Ryan: Thank you, sir. It is a nice lamp. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be in our living room if i brought it home.
Ryan: Nice set of night shots. I find it difficult to get the right color balance at night with the M9. More practice, i guess. I think you've done quite well with the color; but, I singled out three B & W's and one color as my favorites. The blown out sign at the movie theatre seems appropriate somehow. It triggers the imagination. :thumbup::thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

dude163

Luka great shots, I like the sunset ones

Ashwin, that lady in the blossoming trees with the suitcase = cool!

RF_Licks

RF - Great B&W conversion, fantastic tonality.. sharp.. lovely
Thanks Steve :salute:

Joe, great stuff. I am seeing plenty of 3D pop here....thanks for the tips on what you are doing. It's really wonderful work from you as a photographer, and the lenses don't hurt, but your creative instincts are what clearly shine through. This may be the best 90 Tele-elmar shot that I have seen in over a year, only to be matched by some of Thorsten Overgaard's work with this underrated lens. Great capture!
Thanks Ash for your super kind words! :eek: I'm a keen admirer of Thorsten's work (and yours). Much appreciated :salute:

Joe

--------
Jason, congrats on your new lens. Nice shots to start off with!
Matt, I like that B&W shot at the bar, my eyes keep moving between the girl, the lamp and the man, searching for clues.
Ash, Just when I thought I curbed my GAS, you pull up with shots with the Nocti 0.95 :poke: I'm still impressed at the size of your vault, very nice shots! There is always a sense of calmness and serenity in your compositions that I really enjoy.
Steve, another impressive effort with the 35Lux with the horse and police! Love that composition and the tonality of it!
Ryan, nice scenes from Savannah!
Luka, ................................................. (speachless) :salute:
Steve (sig284), beautiful shots from Florence. Can't wait to see more.

Hope I didn't miss anyone!