The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

dude163

Dan, it is indeed the goggle-lens , very goofy looking, but its optically awesome when I can get it focused!

( its my nephew too, I only have 2 girls, when they hit their teens Im moving out!)

m_driscoll

Leica glow? or newsprint?

my 4 yr old nephew drawing, shot from another room using the Elmarit 135 , 1/45th of a sec handheld on my M8
Robert: That's a nice Leica/newspaper glow! This lens renders with a pleasing "softness" (old-school). Beautiful image. :thumbup:

Love the photographs Matt! Beautiful Detail, Color and Circular Bokeh!
The CV 40/1.4 delivers a bang for the buck . . . . .
Congrats on the new lens.
Matt, nice detail of the poppies in the circle! It does appear that you are enjoying the 40/1.4.
. . . . . I sold my M8.2 to help finance the M9, I wish I could have kept it, I loved it, it had a nice feel in my hands . . . . . after picking up a couple of more lens to go with the M9 it will be awhile before I have a second body . . . . .
Dan: Thanks! :D:D I, also sold my M8's when the M9 came out. I got this M8.2, a few months ago. Silver body at a good used price. BTW: What do you set your M9 to when you use the CV 40mm? Mine's set to the first "manual" Leica 50mm f/1.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Picked up a used 35 Lux a couple of weeks ago and have little time to get out and shoot so a few random shots.

Tulips & Daffodils in Front of the Black Sun

Cactus at Volunteer Park Conservatory

I Feel Respected

M9 with 35 LUX

. . . . . and fun at the Skate Park @ Seattle Center

AIR TIME (Cropped)

. . . . . HDR . . . .

M9 with 35 LUX
Dan: Terrific set. I esp. like the compositions and pp in both of these. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

seakayaker

Robert: That's a nice Leica/newspaper glow! This lens renders with a pleasing "softness" (old-school). Beautiful image. :thumbup:

Dan: Thanks! :D:D I, also sold my M8's when the M9 came out. I got this M8.2, a few months ago. Silver body at a good used price. BTW: What do you set your M9 to when you use the CV 40mm? Mine's set to the first "manual" Leica 50mm f/1.

Cheers, Matt
Matt, if memory serves me right, for the CV 40mm I set the M9 at 35 f1.4 11869/11870/11860.

. . . . . and thank you for your kind words!

seakayaker

Dan, it is indeed the goggle-lens , very goofy looking, but its optically awesome when I can get it focused!

( its my nephew too, I only have 2 girls, when they hit their teens Im moving out!)
Robert, I should read the comments, after seeing the many pictures of your daughters I thought it was your son.

BTW ~ You will love your daughters teenage years, it is a magical time . . . . . and it was fun having conversations with the boy friends that came by, I was old school and they did come in to meet me . . . . . :D

RF_Licks

Thanks for the earlier comments: Lloyd, Steve, Matt :)

Ash, more great shots from your vault! Excellent B&W street scene and also the 2nd & 3rd shot from the last boatmen set. Really nice!
Steve, very nice "street" from the hood!
Woody, the 35CronIV shot is beautiful! Nicely done.
Matt, congrats on the new lens. Some fudgy bokeh :D Love the colors of the flowers thought.
Robert, nice composition and color of the flower blades
Dan, congrats on the 35Lux! Very nice set with the flowers and B&W museum scene!

-----
The rain finally stopped (at least for a few hours in NYC on Sat)
M9 28Cron

Joe :)

Lloyd

One from the traffic circle. Planting's a bit out of control.

Cheers, Matt.

I'm pretty impressed with the shots you're posting the with the CV 40/1.4 Matt. This one of the poppies, and the foliage shots from your yard, add to my interest.

Leica glow? or newsprint?

my 4 yr old nephew drawing, shot from another room using the Elmarit 135 , 1/45th of a sec handheld on my M8
This is really a sweet shot, Robert. Love the glow, but the moment is very Norman Rockwellesque.

Robert, if you spent a winter or two in Seattle or Vancouver you would see and feel the difference. We keep the snow in the mountains where it belongs and have mild weather down in the city.

In Seattle only a few days a year does the temperature get below freezing and the rain is always good for the fish and the flowers!

Never say Never! :D :D :D
Not to mention, NO NOREASTERS!! :D

Nice work with the 35 Lux, Dan. Is that the ASPH or the Pre? Love the skating shots. And the HDR version is very kewl.

M9 28Cron

Great moment captured, Joe. Really nice!

m_driscoll

Matt, if memory serves me right, for the CV 40mm I set the M9 at 35 f1.4 11869/11870/11860
. . . . . and thank you for your kind words!
Dan: Thanks. I'll try that setting. :D

Matt, congrats on the new lens. Some fudgy bokeh :D Love the colors of the flowers thought....
-----
M9 28Cron
Joe: "Fudgy bokeh"? It is different, compared to various Leicas, isn't it?
Joe: Nicely seen, composed and processed. The spacing of the people is great.

I'm pretty impressed with the shots you're posting the with the CV 40/1.4 Matt. This one of the poppies, and the foliage shots from your yard, add to my interest. ...
Lloyd: Thanks! :D It has a unique signature.

Cheers, Matt.