The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

Thanks for the earlier comments: Lloyd, Steve, Matt :)

Ash, more great shots from your vault! Excellent B&W street scene and also the 2nd & 3rd shot from the last boatmen set. Really nice!
Steve, very nice "street" from the hood!
Woody, the 35CronIV shot is beautiful! Nicely done.
Matt, congrats on the new lens. Some fudgy bokeh :D Love the colors of the flowers thought.
Robert, nice composition and color of the flower blades
Dan, congrats on the 35Lux! Very nice set with the flowers and B&W museum scene!

-----
The rain finally stopped (at least for a few hours in NYC on Sat)
M9 28Cron

Joe :)

Joe, great shot and I love how you managed to a Red Sox cap front and center in Manhattan! Were you sitting on a bench directly across from them?

. . . . . and thanks for your kind words, they are always appreciated.

seakayaker

Not to mention, NO NOREASTERS!! :D

Nice work with the 35 Lux, Dan. Is that the ASPH or the Pre? Love the skating shots. And the HDR version is very kewl.
You did spend some time in Northeast, nothing like a three day storm dumping cold and moisture on you during any season of the year!

Lloyd the 35 Lux is the ASPH version, I looked up the serial number and it is a 2002 model.

. . . . . and thank you for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

seakayaker

Ashwin: Beautiful B & W of the truck interior and brilliant "take" on the sculpture at the Seattle Center.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

++2! Beautiful shots!

I will be on the look out for you and Matt when I am up at the Seattle Center since all of us have posted some photographs of the area over the past couple of weeks.

. . . . . I'll be on the lookout for the rangefinder shooters . . . . .

RF_Licks

Thanks for the kind words, Lloyd, Ash, Matt, Dan :)

Ash, nice B&W tones and "feel" to the truck shot :thumbup:
Matt, yes, its nice to see some alternate swirly bokeh compared to the smoothness of the newer Leica glass. BTW, those orchid shots are lovely! Nice shot :thumbup:
Dan, I was walking along with the family and had the M9 and 28Cron set to "point and shoot" mode at f/5.6. I didn't notice the Red Sox nation till I got home. Now I probably understand why he was sitting alone :LOL:
I love NYC for what it is, vibrant, diverse and lots of interesting subjects to observe and take pictures of.

A few more with the 28Cron

Thanks for looking,

Mike Woods

A couple of quick grabs from the weekend, M8/35 'cron. Coming from four-thirds, I never believed this would be my most used lens...

By the way, the young lady in the first is not talking about me :ROTFL:

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

You did spend some time in Northeast, nothing like a three day storm dumping cold and moisture on you during any season of the year!

Lloyd the 35 Lux is the ASPH version, I looked up the serial number and it is a 2002 model.

. . . . . and thank you for your kind words, they are always appreciated!
You're welcome Dan. Congrats on the lens. Looks like a winner!

BTW, I'm originally from Boston, and ironically lived in the Seattle area as well. (I worked there in the summer of 1976, building houses in Lake Stevens... when it was a rural area.) I later attended a year of grad school at Seattle University.

Lloyd

A couple of quick grabs from the weekend, M8/35 'cron. Coming from four-thirds, I never believed this would be my most used lens...

Regards

Mike
Nice Mike. And you crack me up! So, if she were talking about you, are you saying her hands would have to be closer together, or further apart!?! :ROTFL:

seakayaker

A couple of shots with a new lens.

Finding one in inventory on-line was like hitting the lottery after being on a couple of waiting list.

Aharon

Bret's Window Plant

M9 with 50 Lux

m_driscoll

Matt, yes, its nice to see some alternate swirly bokeh compared to the smoothness of the newer Leica glass. BTW, those orchid shots are lovely! Nice shot :thumbup:

I love NYC for what it is, vibrant, diverse and lots of interesting subjects to observe and take pictures of.

A few more with the 28Cron

Thanks for looking,

Joe: Thanks. A little variety reminds you of how good the Leica glass is! :D

Joe: Your processing here is very distinctive. I like it, a lot. I, also, really like the extended depth of field in these photos. NYC is a street shooter's paradise and you're great at it. This one's esp. cool. :cool:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Regards

Mike
Nice Mike. And you crack me up! So, if she were talking about you, are you saying her hands would have to be closer together, or further apart!?! :ROTFL:
Mike: +1! They're both great. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.