The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

dude163

I bought a Metz mz 40-2 off ebay complete with Leica 3501 adapter

I managed to take one decent shot today out of a dozen attempts, this is handheld , and totally manual ( couldnt figure out the TTL at the time) I had it set to bounce up about 45 degrees , but I was holding the flash in one hand and the camera in another

came out quite nice I think , oh it cost me $30.99!!

m_driscoll

Goes to show what my eyes can see. I thought the focus was spot on. Very kewl shot.
Lloyd: Thanks. I probably zoomed in to far...the perils of all of this technology. :thumbup:

Matt, I actually like how the CV35 1.4 renders in this shot with the dogs. The sunstars are an added bonus! Nice...
Joe :)
Joe: Thank you, sir. I have just a few more with that lens to post. :D

Hello,
I have been enjoying all the photographs posted on this forum. Amazing stuff.
Last night my wife and I went to an interesting dinner. The chef used to be the head chef for the Kennedy's and now is the chef to our country club here in Tampa, FL. Every month, or so, he hosts a historically correct dinner. The event he chose for last night was the Titanic's last dinner at the Captain's table.
There were 100 place settings, with seven wine glasses per setting for wine pairing. That's 700 wine glasses.:bugeyes:
Here is a photograph, my first photo posting here, taken with an M9, 35mm Lux ASPH (ver 1). The room was very dim, but the lens came through.
Thank you for looking,
Michael
dmabry2010
That's pretty impressive (and pretty ridiculous... grateful to not live in those times. let alone have been on the Titanic! :rolleyes:). Nice shot, thanks for sharing. And welcome to the thread, Michael.
Michael: An impressive amount of crystal(?). Nice photo and welcome. :thumbup:

Lloyd: You don't remember those days when a "gentlemen's' dinner would start with three dozen oysters, a brace of pheasants, continue with a roast, fish course and at least three bottles of wine. A "gentlemen" was expected to polish off three bottles of wine at dinner! :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I bought a Metz mz 40-2 off ebay complete with Leica 3501 adapter

I managed to take one decent shot today out of a dozen attempts, this is handheld , and totally manual ( couldnt figure out the TTL at the time) I had it set to bounce up about 45 degrees , but I was holding the flash in one hand and the camera in another

came out quite nice I think , oh it cost me $30.99!!
this is what my 4 year old wears to play in our sandbox................!!!!!!!!!!

Robert: Great photos of your very cute daughter(s?). The horizontal crop works well.

Cheers, Matt

dude163

Shiro, great stuff!

Matt Ilike the first stainless steel shot the best, the other 3 are still cool!

re: wide crop shots, I have a widescreen monitor , an iphone and a widescreen TV, so I thought, why not?!

Ron (Netherlands)

Delicate lighting

we did a walk last sunday and I wanted to capture the sunlight shining through the fresh leaves....

(version 1 35mm cron with decent sunshade to avoid flare)

There was also a little pond nearby surrounded by wild flowers:

m_driscoll

Re: Delicate lighting

Matt I like the first stainless steel shot the best, the other 3 are still cool!
re: wide crop shots, I have a widescreen monitor , an iphone and a widescreen TV, so I thought, why not?!
Robert: Thanks! :D It's true: "why not?"

Very nice, Matt. I particularly like this one.
Lloyd: Thank you, sir! :D

Nice set, Ron. Really like this one.
Ron: +1! I, too, like this one...and, the last one (verdant green). :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

sjg284

What a great showing by all this week.
Summer is in the air

Joe - Love this one.. hope you had fun in my neck of the woods
Mohammad - M9&35cron, what a combo.. great great color/tone, love your post process technique

Ashwin - A great display as always.. these 2 are my picks
The first one is very touching/romantic, and the shapes & playfulness of the second is great
Matt - Cute! Looks like you had better luck with the cv35/1.4 than I did!
Shiro - Very Cool .. makes me want to get my cv15 on my m8 and head outside (no beach here, though I could take a swim in the hudson..)
I always admire your B&W post processing techniques.. you have a very distinct look

seakayaker

"It's a dog's life"

M9; CV 35mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/13; ISO 500

Cheers, Matt.

Isn't it though? I'm told that if I'm good, I get a new collar for Father's Day. :rolleyes:

Nice pic. Great color.
Matt, and Lloyd, thank you so much, for your kind words, glad you liked, cheers! :)

Matt, the dogs shot is surely amusing, cheers! buddy !
+++3!

Nice shot Matt! Nice to see everyone getting along!

Love the coffee at 'Fuel' but I am happy that they opened up a 'Uptown Expresso' up the street from you on 45th, currently my favorite brew.