The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Mike Woods

Mike: Somehow kafkaesque to me, absolutely great capture! :thumbs::thumbs: Also right choice, that you resisted to convert to B&W (just my vote), though it would be great in B&W no doubt nevertheless ... Truely Oustanding.

Best regards Hermann
Thanks Hermann, glad you liked it. I did try B&W which was my original intention, but I haven't been able to make it quite work yet - I'll keep trying.

This is spectacular ......
Thanks Shiro

Mike: I like the way that your vignetting's isolated him on the platform with his arms spread in anticipation of... :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Cheers Matt

Mike

J

JohnW

A few from yesterday's Indy 500.

I'm trying to master some traditional manual techniques with my M9, and for the first time used an external finder (35mm), hyperfocal focusing, and manual exposure with the Sunny 16 Rule. I really enjoyed shooting that way. A little difficult with changing light situations, but I'll keep at it.

John

dude163

Nice results. I really like this one. (We've watched a few of these around here. I wouldn't want to meet these women in a dark alley!)

Speak for yourself :)

nice ROller derby shots

I dont know who sho the purple haired woman but that shot and the blurry B+W are awesome!

mAlKhamis

Dan, thank you so much, i love the 35mm cron, however i'm just wondering, should replace it with 35mm lux!!! not sure yet !!

Matt, The steel sculpture has a really excellent dramatic angle.

Shiro, loved your jumping guy from the sea set, excellent capture, however the
skater women shot, is breath taking, excellent composition, well done !

Dan, the cruise ship terminal has amazing colors and contrasts, as well as the Street performance shot, excellent job!

Mike, the jumping guy shot, is just pure drama and coolness, well done !

Cehoffman, your Festival set is awesome, and the best one for me are the last two shot, amazing composition and exposure, well done !

ShiroKuro

Thanks !! glad the Roller Derby shots were enjoyed .... I remember watching the roller derby on tv when I was kid along with wrestling ... Chief Jay Strongbow ; ).. had no idea the roller derby was a local sport happening all around the US , any way lot's of fun shooting with a rangefinder ....Here is my Memorial Day pic ....

M8 18 mm SuperElmar

ShiroKuro

cehoffman ...Beautiful image

Ashwin ..... Love this photograph , you got it all in this one image . Excellent story telling image .... the child riding through the tunnel on a tricycle with the prize at the end ... well seen .

Lloyd

A few from yesterday's Indy 500.

I'm trying to master some traditional manual techniques with my M9, and for the first time used an external finder (35mm), hyperfocal focusing, and manual exposure with the Sunny 16 Rule. I really enjoyed shooting that way. A little difficult with changing light situations, but I'll keep at it.

John
Very cool series. Great access too! Nice. :salute:

(BTW, really enjoyed browsing your website. :thumbup:)

Lloyd

Thanks !! glad the Roller Derby shots were enjoyed .... I remember watching the roller derby on tv when I was kid along with wrestling ... Chief Jay Strongbow ; ).. had no idea the roller derby was a local sport happening all around the US , any way lot's of fun shooting with a rangefinder ....Here is my Memorial Day pic ....

M8 18 mm SuperElmar
Wow!! LOVE this one!!