The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Here is a shot I liked sort of but wasnt happy with the way it looked in colour , but my 7 yr old convinced me to convert it to B+W and i think it looks a LOT better now
Excellent b/w, Robert. She has a good eye for what makes a nice image.

seakayaker

Yesterday at the Pike Place Market.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, it looks like you have been luxing it up!

Two lovely shots of the poppies with the 50/1.4, and then follow it up with two great shots with 24/1.4!

Is the circle a neighborhood effort?

. . . . . and I love the shots you took at the market!

Hope you had a wonderful visit with your daughter in DC!

seakayaker

Very nice, Dan. (Love that lens, btw)
Thanks Lloyd for you kind words, they are always appreciated.

Yes the Voigtlander Ultron 28/1.9 ASPH is a sweet lenes. I continue to be pleasantly surprised with the photographs that are produced with this lens.

I have found that the 50/1.5 Nokton, 75/2.5 Heliar, and the 28/1.9 Ultron are three Voigtlander LTM lenses that are an incredible value and produce great photographs. (JMHO)

m_driscoll

Excellent. I really like this one. (Cropped or not... no matter.)
Liking this one very much! :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thank you, sir! :D I'm looking for a seven step program to cure me of "cropping". ;)

Matt, it looks like you have been luxing it up!
Two lovely shots of the poppies with the 50/1.4, and then follow it up with two great shots with 24/1.4!
Is the circle a neighborhood effort?
. . . . . and I love the shots you took at the market!
Hope you had a wonderful visit with your daughter in DC!
Dan: Thanks! :D The luxes are pretty high strung. You have to take them out for a run occasionally. I sometimes water the circle since it's in front of my house. A "green thumb "guy up the block did the planting.

Cheers, Matt

dude163

OK gang, Im looking for some critiques here, Im trying to do different stuff with the leica rangefinder , let me know what youthink please, Im a big boy and not totally off the meds so I can handle it ( I think!)

I went through more of my mosquito walk shots and found a few more that I liked

This is shot wide open, and there really is a point thats in focus , about 20 cm down the trail marking wire , and even then the DoF is about 5 cm if that!

As much as the bugs were bothering me, this sapling was in a small glade and the sunlight had it brilliantly illuminated, so I braved the bugs and took a shot

This is a marker used on trees, some have blue paint daubs, others have orange or red ribbons , you can see the bugs flying around

This is actually shot at f16 and i was able to generate some really nice lens flare, for some reason this shot reminds of waking up from a beautiful dream, that moment between dreamstate and reality , sound too hokey? But thats what this image reminds me of , that crossover period that is all too fleeting unfortunately

seakayaker

Dan:

These are for you. Haleiwa Beach, this morning.

Thanks, they are beautiful shots!

Love the horizon where blue water meets blue sky in the color shot along with a combination of cloud formations, from low lying storm clouds in the distance to high altitude clouds in the foreground. The black and white with the anchored sailboat with the detail of the tide currents is a great shot.

Last edited:

seakayaker

OK gang, Im looking for some critiques here, Im trying to do different stuff with the leica rangefinder , let me know what youthink please, Im a big boy and not totally off the meds so I can handle it ( I think!)

As much as the bugs were bothering me, this sapling was in a small glade and the sunlight had it brilliantly illuminated, so I braved the bugs and took a shot

Robert, I love bokeh shots and enjoyed them all.

My favorite was the second, the light and detail of the leaves was wonderful as well as the circular bokeh!

Regarding # 4, . . . . . I do not wake from many dreams with that type of light. If I did, I may just die from a heart attack, thinking I went to the other side.

seakayaker

Poppies & Irises

. . . . . . .

Poppies

. . . . . .

Poppies & Irises

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH

Last edited:

dude163

Dan: Thanks :) I meant a summer dream , like on a lounger outside! , I agree, if it was at 7am Id be of to see if I had optical cancer!!

cheers
Robert

m_driscoll

I went through more of my mosquito walk shots and found a few more that I liked
This is shot wide open, and there really is a point thats in focus , about 20 cm down the trail marking wire , and even then the DoF is about 5 cm if that!

This is a marker used on trees, some have blue paint daubs, others have orange or red ribbons , you can see the bugs flying around

This is actually shot at f16 and i was able to generate some really nice lens flare, for some reason this shot reminds of waking up from a beautiful dream, that moment between dreamstate and reality , sound too hokey? But thats what this image reminds me of , that crossover period that is all too fleeting unfortunately
Robert: My favorites are the first and second.

Cheers, Matt