The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

seakayaker

Puget Sound, Totem Poles, a ferry, blue sky, and clouds...Seattle.

Cheers, Matt.

Lovely shot Matt, love the black & white to color effect with foreground to background.

The detail produced with the 24 lux is excellent, the ferry and the houses in West Seattle/Alki beach is surprising very good for such distances with the wide body lens. Then some of it just may be that I am so familiar with the view. I will have to try that shot with my 24 Elmar at f11 and see if the result is as good!

seakayaker

Enjoyable walk around The Center for Urban Horticulture ~ University of Washington ~ Seattle WA

Turtles on the Logs ~ The Center for Urban Horticulture Trails

M9 with Leica Summilux 50mm f1.4 ASPH

. . . . . . .

Flower Pots ~ The Center for Urban Horticulture Garden

M9 with Voigtlander Ultron 28mm f1.9 ASPH

. . . . . . .

Flower Beds ~ The Center for Urban Horticulture Garden

Lloyd

Dan: Great capture and vignette here! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
That's my pick too, Dan. Very nice.

Love the horizon where blue water meets blue sky in the color shot along with a combination of cloud formations, from low lying storm clouds in the distance to high altitude clouds in the foreground. The black and white with the anchored sailboat with the detail of the tide currents is a great shot.
Yamasdigital: I'll second what Dan says. Great shots, of one of my favorite places on Oahu.

Robert, I love bokeh shots and enjoyed them all.

My favorite was the second, the light and detail of the leaves was wonderful as well as the circular bokeh!

Regarding # 4, . . . . . I do not wake from many dreams with that type of light. If I did, I may just die from a heart attack, thinking I went to the other side.
+1 from me, Robert. Excellent work. (I might think I'd passed over as well, but I'd also think it was a mistake... not the passing over, just the direction. I'd expect it to be much warmer. :eek:)

Dan: Beautiful! Esp. this fiirst one. Great swirly OOF and bokeh. Excellent rhythm with the in-focus poppies. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Yup, like he said. Gorgeous. :thumbup:

YamasDigital

[QUOTE="m_driscoll, post: 323020, member: 1359"]Puget Sound, Totem Poles, a ferry, blue sky, and clouds...Se

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/11; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com[/QUOTE]

I agree with Dan; great b/w contrast against the background. Dan: nice shots with the City in the background! Thanks Lloyd. Nice shots white/black (Shirokuro).

gogopix

Subscriber
Enjoyable walk around The Center for Urban Horticulture ~ University of Washington ~ Seattle WA

Turtles on the Logs ~ The Center for Urban Horticulture Trails

M9 with Leica Summilux 50mm f1.4 ASPH

. . . . . . .

Flower Pots ~ The Center for Urban Horticulture Garden

. . . . . . .

Flower Beds ~ The Center for Urban Horticulture Garden

Dan
really love all three; composition in mid and simple blue green contrast in 3.

But the foreground/background with the bridge BG of #1 is just a wonderful, and fun way to look at the world!

great stuff
Victor

ashwinrao1

A bit of an absense for me...Apologies for falling way behind and being silent. Life gets in th way for us all, I guess...Anyways, here are a few pics from a wedding that I shot with the M9, 35 lux asph, and Noct f/0.95....

Lloyd

A bit of an absense for me...Apologies for falling way behind and being silent. Life gets in th way for us all, I guess...Anyways, here are a few pics from a wedding that I shot with the M9, 35 lux asph, and Noct f/0.95....

Beautiful set, Ashwin. I'll bet they're more than happy with these!

This first one is simply off the charts!

Don Libby

I haven't shown myself here in a while and it's been even longer since I had the time to sample all the wonderful images and for that I'm truly sorry.

Took the day off yesterday morning and decided to go for ice cream at a Dairy Queen not to far from here. Found this on the long way back..

M9, 35mm