The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

dude163

As I was putting my new flash unit and tripod away my 4 year old shouts " Wait!!"

Me " whats wrong??!!!"

her " I want to take a picture of you cos you are never in any"

so now I have a 4 yr old holding a leica m8 attached with a short cord to a tripod with a flash on it, what couold go wrong!! Not much apparently , I looked off to the side to eliminate flash reflections off my glasses and she snapped 3 of me

as she took the 3rd shot she exclaims " OK thats good, you can put the stuff away now , bye"

lol

( yes I know its out of focus slightly, but she is after all only 4 , she did hold the camera quite strangely, she had her face behind the M8 and used her LEFT eye for the viewfinder :p)

Mike Woods

So....last post was 14 hrs ago :wtf: Is everyone on holiday? :)

I'll keep things ticking over then. Back on the streets today, and a successful one even if I say so myself.

M8 with either 35 or 50 'cron:

Regards

Mike

dude163

Nice bridal shot !! Ill have some new M8 shots up later on if they worked out, I was trying to capture some rapidly moving objects using an Elmarit 135!

dude163

ok here we go, lets see how these turned out, we have had a lot of Crows and Ravens eating the worms after grass cutting at work, and the Ravens are scavenging from peoples pickup trucks and cars with open windows!

this is a Crow I think, as soon as I raised the elmarit 135 I think it assumed it was a gun...........

original is here

the next 3 are a raven that was munching on some garbage until i put the lens on him, same ting, I could walk close , but as soon as I put up that long black tele .......peeeoooowww

the full sized shots have better definition on the birds, but Im sure 3000 x 1900 jpgs are againstthe rulez :)

Let me know what you think, as trying to catch the focus of flying birds was quite a challenge!

Robert

DavidE

These Vegas shots are absolutely stunning..... especially like thee two
Fantastic in your classic style, david. Love the patterns and light and dark play, as well as the hint of the figure in the background...
David: Nope, isn't like our mall! I've been there. Odd place, well photographed here. The Griffin's an odd sculpture for a shopping center? The Cosmopolitan's a bit boggling and the Mirage's is empty(?). Easy to visualize the Ratpack in that cocktail lounge. Actually seems very lively devoid of people. Cool. +1 to Ashwin's comment.
David, You & The 24Lux Are Like One! Outstanding
David, very nice B&W shots with the 24Lux.
Thanks Shiro, Ashwin, Matt, Steve, and Joe.

You guys are posting amazing images, so it means a lot to have your feedback and support.