The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

I haven't looked through the thread in month or two ... so I had to do some catching up. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos all. All of the usual suspects, shooting at the top of their game. Powerful images with great composition and just the right amount of emotional layering. Love living vicariously through your lives as you capture what goes on around you. :)

Kurt
Kurt, we miss ya. Come back, get an M, and forgeddaboud your worries LOL...seriously, though, hope you are enjoying the S world...It's all M for me still...

Thanks again to the guy who turned me on to the Noctilux f.0.95

seakayaker

Okay, here are a couple from me...titled "Entries and Exits"

These tiny feet...
Down at the farm today...

35 'cron IV'ers
Mother and children
Ashwin: I like the third one in "Entries and Exits". Less literal, almost literary. The shadows and light; everything seems to flow together. "Tiny Feet" is just too cute...in a good way. Nice composition. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Ashwin: You're on a roll with these two very different photos! Nice "pairing". :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Ashwin: See, I knew you were busy. Excellent set. Hard to choose; but, I esp. like these three: 1. composition and focus; how did you make a cow look sinister? 2. A sweet family pic; perfect framing 3. You know have child labor laws in WA! Great moment. Boy, is he pleased with himself.

Cheers, Matt

Ash, Love The Comps & Old School Rendering Of This Lens!
Bravo! Great Work Ash!
Wow. Go away for a couple of days and things can go crazy around here. Some truly amazing work everyone. I'm trying to catch up.

Ashwin: Wow. Love "Entries and Exits", and the tiny feet, and "running for the photo", and "praying for a catch", and "eyes and flies, and "Affections", and, and....

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Great work all. :clap::clap::clap:

++++++6!

Love the multiple series Ashwin!

The 2nd photo of doors is my favorite in that series, I love the opening french doors with multiple doorways leading to the other side and closed door, very inviting. The tiny feet with the sun and shadows is very nice and I'm sure some lucky parent will cherish that shot.

. . . . . and the mother with the two children is a great capture. Perhaps it hit home since I just became a grandfather for the 2nd time on June 2nd and my daughter has brought up in conversations that the older sister by 2 years 8 months has been asking questions about her place in the family with her younger sister getting all the attention. The look on the boys face with his arm around his mother just brought that story home for me.

dude163

I got an old Metz mz40 flash and tried some *strobist* style shooting with it off camera here is one I liked , I did some PP to make it look retro 60s or so as it was on a 45 year old kids playtable

dude163

Nice work Robert. I really like that one in the coffee shop.
Thanks Lloyd, sometimes I feel a little intimidated posting some shots here as there are so many great ones here , but then again,it gives me something to strive towards!

That coffee shop shot was taken as an Elmar example for my pal ( his foot is in the background) but it summed up our meeting, a good coffee, and a relaxing conversation while enjoying the pretty girls walking by :)

cheers

ggriswold

A few shots of our Dalmatian's new red collar... he isn't quite big enough for it yet. Taken w/ M9 and Summicron 75mm ASPH.

Tasty shallow DOF.

Thanks,
George

tsjanik

Great pics everyone! :thumbs:

Going back a few pages,

----
Some pics as I headed for the border last week,

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

[

All 28Cron, last 35Lux ASPH
I don't have a Leica, but I look at this thread for the great shots. I can't help but post this shot of the same, or at least nearby, sign, taken in March of 2011. I went to the falls for a certain shot at sunrise, but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, covering me and my camera with a freezing mist. Taken with a 645D and 35mm lens. Really illustrates the DR of the sensor. Full sun through the mist and the sign in very deep shadow.

cableguy55

Some shots from Central Singapore Little India
This is the melting pot for Indians in Singapore where they conduct their business
It is also a place where alot of migrant workers gathers on the weekend
They are friendly and love to have their photos taken
All shots with M8.2 and Zeiss 25mm

benroy

Subscriber Member
Time for the moderator to step in: Scrolling through endless repetitions of the same pics gets very tedious...would be nice if commenters on pics would just comment rather than include pics that have already appeared several times...on the same page yet!
For example: Pics from "Entries and Exits" appear on this page 5 times...so does the family group of mom and kids...surely commenters can scroll back to the original upload if its on the same page...no offense, Ashwin, they are nice pictures...but 5 times on the same page is overkill, and certainly a space-eater.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

kevin2i

New (to me) M9 -

Summicron III. Amazing little performer. All LR, no PS.

Ladera Winery (away from the crowds, highly recommended!)

North of Petaluma

And a little color (75/lux) . . . .