The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Send it in?

Timkr

I have a used m8.2 that has the coffee stain in the LCD. My question is, is it worth it to send it in for repair? Will it get worse, to the point where it will not be usable? Cost? I hear and read all of the horror stories about leica service so I am hesitant. Thanks for any input.

Lloyd

I heard a few "horror stories", but in all honest, lately I've heard more impressive stories. If it were me, I'd send it it... but I'd maybe give them a call first, just to see what they think the repair might involve. Then I'd make the decision. Good luck with this one. Let us know how it goes.

I recently had Leica USA repair my second-hand M8 (red lines in images). They did it for free, and pretty fast. They were very informative and nice throughout the process. I think things may be looking up there.

Reed

Timkr

I called and emailed them. I was told that they would fix the coffee stain issue at no charge. Will let you know.

kalex

Thats nice of them :) is your camera still under warranty? I remember I called them once to get a quote on fixing scratches on my LCD. I got quoted $450 USD for the fix since they have to pretty much replace the whole LCD and not just top cover

blimey

I sent my M8.2 to clean the LCD where dust has manifested throughout making it harder to see the reviewed image. I could see a lot of dust in under the screen like 50+ or so. I sent it to Leica NJ and they cleaned, adjusted and all that good stuff. They got it back to me in 4 weeks!!! and the camera was 1 month out of warranty. In return, I filled the survey and gave them a few suggestions and high marks. Totally satisfied so far.

Timkr

Just heard back, they are fixing it under warranty and it will be done jan 6. Given that they shut down for two weeks for the holidays, this is great service!