The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 and sensor dust under filter?

hobbsr

Hi,

I have just discovered that on both my M8 bodies that when shooting at F/5.6 and above I see many spots on the images. I have had the sensor cleaned on the first body and they reported that the is dust under the sensor filter? I did not see these spots before as shot with the lens wide open.

I have now just used my second body and shot a reference frame at F/16 and there are many spots just the same as the other body?Of course I then tested and shot from F/2-4 and the spots do not show up.

Has anybody had a similar experience as they are advising to sip the bodies back to Germany and I do not want to 1. lose them for a long time 2. have this kind of issue?

Regards

harmsr

Workshop Member
New M8s have a tendency to throw oil/grease spots on the sensor for a while.

Get some Eclipse 2 and #1 swabs, watch the video on their site, and start cleaning. You will have to do this several times in your first 1000 shots. I would be rather skeptical about someone telling you that the dust in under the IR filter.

Best,

Ray

jaapv

Subscriber Member
That's what you get from not cleaning the sensor yourself: It costs (too much) money, it is improperly done and they dream up excuses.....