The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA RELATED CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

etrigan63

I got my wife a Panasonic P&S with a Leica lens. Me: pajamas.

Heck, I even got skunked in my local photo club's Chinese gift exchange.

iiiNelson

I bought myself a M9 and ZM 50/2 about a month ago as my Christmas present to myself... I bought my mom an Olympus P&S to replace her aging digital camera and made her a photo book of some of my German stuff taken with a Panasonic Leica lens...

doug

I got a few Cedar Waxwings in the neighbor's orchard:

it's Leica-related because I used the R8, DMR and 280 APO to photograph them.

Erik

I bought myself a new 35mm Summilux ASPH II. Can't wait to try it out. Unfortunately it arrived after I had already left on vacation so I'll have to be patient for a couple of weeks.

Erik

David K

Workshop Member
I got a few Cedar Waxwings in the neighbor's orchard:

it's Leica-related because I used the R8, DMR and 280 APO to photograph them.
I've said it before Doug but I love your images. Sadly my DMR has gone to the dealer in trade for the latest and greatest but I can still admire the images you are taking with it.

kebebe

I got a mint M3 cos I hear the focusing, mechanical shutter, and the built quality is better than my M6 and M9. I had to pay for it myself cos no one will do that. I wish next present is a nice film scanner for both 35mm & 6x6. Any suggestions?

I also wish Leica can go back to the better range finder mechanisms as before. It seems from M3 to M6 and to M9, getting harder to focus and framing.

Kebebe

seakayaker

Santa arrived a few days late . . . . . his little elf's from the USPS arrived today with holiday greetings . . . . .

Made arrangements with Santa to bring something to go with the lens. (spoke with the misses about my problem with GAS and she was happy to have me seek treatment . . . . . I think she believes this is a cure and I did not have the heart to tell her this disease requires ongoing treatment . . . . .)

Read through the manual, the battery is in the charger, patiently waiting for the opportunity to take a shot . . . . .

New to rangefinders, let the journey begin!

ramosa

Santa brought me three early "Christmas gifts":

1) Luigi wrist strap;
2) Match Technical Thumbs Up;
3) Match Technical Beep soft release.

Small things, but I am really liking how they enhance my shooting experience :thumbup:

Traut

I bought a Leica 10mm lens, 90 Summicron compact and a pair of Trinovid binos. The 10mm is a great lens for m43. I am having the lens and bins cleaned.

Don Libby

I've ordered an X1 from Dave Gallagher. I remember Guy handing me this little camera December 2009 and saying just take it out and shoot it. This was of course the same time he and Jack were demoing the new S2. I had no idea what I had in my hands until I stopped and had a better look at it and began playing around with it. That shot 1-hour exercise with the X1 lead me to the M9 which I love. I got a great deal on the X1 and look forward to using it in the coming year.