The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ok, Which 35?

S

Sean_Reid

I use the 35mm the most of any lens I own, and I cannot recommend the 35/1.4 ASPH enough. I know the Nokton is a half stop faster and offers great performance, but the 35/1.4 ASPH does it all...it is very fast, extremely sharp even wide open, yet it is compact, light, takes 46mm filters, has great ergonomics and excellent bokeh. Rather than having a slow lens and a fast lens, I think you might be better off just selling the Nokton and getting the 35/1.4 ASPH. It is one of the few "do it all" lenses.

If you are set on having two lenses, the Summarit that Guy mentioned is probably a very good choice. It is small, light, cheaper and only a half-stop slower than the summicron. It also comes coded, which is nice if you currently use or plan to use an M8.
I love the 35/1.4 ASPH.

Cheers,

Sean

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I like the 35 cron version IV , I like the Lux too but we all have different tastes in glass. So nice to have so many choices and 35mm I can't begin to count, there are so many over the years for the M system