The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IR and lightroom

thrice

I know others (and myself) have had problems editing IR with lightroom. Adobe imposes a 2000k limit so one has to create an edited process recipe to get around that and establish a new 'starting point'.

This only works (afaik) with 720nm filters like the Hoya R72, I haven't tested with others but you might have some luck. It has also only been tested with the M9, but may work for the M8 as well.

To install it, open the zip file, and extract the .dcp file to your Adobe Camera Profiles folder.

On windows 7:
C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles
On OSX:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Then open Lightroom and find an IR image, click on develop, scroll down to camera calibration (on the right hand pane) and change profile to "-100"

It should look nice and neutral now, provided you auto-whitebalanced off of foliage before shooting.
I also have cornerfix profiles for the following in IR on the M9 with R72:
18mm ZM @ 4 5.6 8 11
25mm ZM @ 2.8 4 5.6 8 11
35mm ZM C @ 2.8 8
If people want those let me know and I'll up them as well.

jev

Yes i did I have also couple of custom profiles popping out there but not that one

I am not really sure what it could be