The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question for Jack Flesher

scott kirkpatrick

or anyone with a better memory than mine...

What's the patented procedure to make your shots start at a number other than 10000001. I just got my M8 back with a repaired shutter, and sure enough, it is numbering everything from the beginning. I want to start this one at 101....1 instead.

scott

edit: for the geeks among us. This was the "shutter fault" error, the shutter did not recock. It works now, repair total time 2 weeks. The
"unique image id" was unchanged although the image numbering got zeroed. I suppose the unchanged image id means that it was fixed, not replaced.

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Thanks.

That works for me, too. So I'm all set. But I thought Jack's solution only had you change an empty directory name on the card. That would be more elegant, and we all know how important elegance is to support our fragile egos when the world is dissing this camera.

scott

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes what a love hate relationship with this camera . Sounds like a marriage. LOL

Frankly people just need to get over it, it has become so boring I hardly read any of the threads about the whining about this or that . Maybe it just has been a long time listening to it. It is what it is and it produces great images . Frankly just that alone is enough for me. I just like seeing images folks take with it.