The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any suggestions to cure "red edge" with 28 Cron Asph?

CharlesK

Baudilino, very good example of how well C1 Pro works. Have you just tried it for colour cast only, without the correction for light fall off? I feel this is all that is needed, as the lens still looks very natural even with the vignetting :)

baudolino

Baudilino, very good example of how well C1 Pro works. Have you just tried it for colour cast only, without the correction for light fall off? I feel this is all that is needed, as the lens still looks very natural even with the vignetting :)
Charles, I checked both the light fall-off and color cast boxes in the example above. I agree that not correcting the vignetting is often preferable / looks good in many situations (perhaps not in snow sceneries, though). In fact, when I first encountered the color cast, I tried to hide it by applying even more vignetting and cross-processing for strange colors (example below). Martin

View attachment 39840