The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Winogrand and HCB videos at work with Leicas

tollie

Workshop Member
Many thanks for posting.

GW is one of my models. I wish I had 1/100 th of what he had...

Todd

oc garza

Many thanks for posting.

GW is one of my models. I wish I had 1/100 th of what he had...

Todd
I'm new to getdpi (thanks Cindy Flood) and took four semesters of GW "art photography" classes at the University of Texas. I wrote a story about that time and posted some photos of Garry teaching the class. It's a long load to keep the photos fairly high resolution. If you have time just click to my web site and click on the "Class Time with Garry Winogrand" PDF file on the home page:
http://www.ocgarzaphotography.com

irakly

thanks for the link! i actually enjoyed martin parr documentary more. he is one nosy bastard :)

scott kirkpatrick

Found it, and i agree. I also found the Robert Frank documentary on that page very interesting (from 1986, well before the present revival). Elliot Erwitt in lederhosen appears briefly and provides a striking contrast.

scott

helenhill

Found it, and i agree. I also found the Robert Frank documentary on that page very interesting (from 1986, well before the present revival). Elliot Erwitt in lederhosen appears briefly and provides a striking contrast.

scott
I ADORE Elliot's work....Quite Fab :clap:

helenhill

erwitt is the "undecisive moment" guy, right? that's his shot where a bunch of men are leering at "maha nude", but only one woman is looking at goya's "maha clothed", isn't it?
Yes.... its been quoted as Bresson was the Master of 'the Decisive Moment' and Erwitt 'the undecisive'
I LOVE the way he sees & portrays the World / Lisette Model is another favorite of mine

Best- H :)