The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I Love My M8

jonoslack

What with one thing and another, it's been a little under-appreciated of late.
An evening in St Ives, a fine meal at the Porthminster beach cafe, and a few shots with the M8 . . . . there really isn't anything quite like it.
Maybe you've forgotten quite how good it can be:

helenhill

Well about Time......deciding to pick Her up Again
after throwing her aside for all those other Cheap Tarts :ROTFL:
Ahh in the throws of a rangefinder..... lovely pixs
:Dhelen

cam

and touched and stroked often, along with murmurs of sweet nothings... (of course mine is a BOY so he needs people audibly oohing and ahhing over him, on top of everything else, and telling him how grand he is -- how handsome, agile, and what big muscles he has... buys are so needy :p ) sriously, RF's are tactile. with the proper lens (and i know you have many), they allow you to shoot with your heart instead of your head.

speaking of lenses (i have it sooo bad), the last one was shot with the Sonnar, Nocti, or 75 Cron?

N

nei1

Jono youre making me homesick,I was born in Newquay further up the coast.The beaches in and around are the best in cornwall but Id stay away once May finishes.God Id love a good pasty right now;youre a cruel man.

jonoslack

Hi Helen
Thank you - I've been an unfaithful lover (but not very unfaithful!). I used to be a camera monogamist, this forum has taught me the benefits of polygamy!

Ah cmb - I have to listen, but I've decided not to go for the Epson . . .even though you can get them for a 'reasonable' price in the UK now.

Terry - are you loving yours enough?

Hi Cam
:ROTFL: I've got two, but I'm not sure what sex either of them is, maybe one is a girl and the other a boy? I don't think so.
As for the lenses - they were all take with Zeiss - the wider angle with the 25mm biogon, and the others with the 50mm sonnar. It makes for such a small neat package, and the sonnar is so flexible, at f1.5 it looks like the nocti, and by f2.8 it looks more like the 'lux.

Hi Neil
I was born in StIves, I could make you feel much worse by posting some beach shots taken with the Nikon . . . as for the pasty - I love 'em. Last night though we were at the Porthminster beach cafe - which is my favorite restaurant anywhere (and I don't say that lightly), the food is interesting and sophisticated, the wine is interesting and different, and the service is just fabulous . . . . and then there's the views across StIves bay . . .
June is fine - StIves was fairly quiet last night - it doesn't really go bonkers until the school holidays start. Mind you, we have a house out on the moors near Lands End, so you can escape from most of the rush.
If that's making you feel worse . . . . I'm sorry!

Taken with the D3, so shouldn't be here . . . . but still

Chris C

... making me homesick,I was born in Newquay ....youre a cruel man.
Neil - He is a very cruel man; and I'm glad I'm not the only exiled Cornishman who thinks so. Warnings to stop posting pictures of Cornwall have been maliciously ignored, there seems to be no stopping this man from his sadistic fun. Other than that; best wishes Jono.

................ Chris

helenhill

JONO
I once saw a spectacular House in Cornwall / a fav of the the late Author Daphne Du Maurier
and dosen't the Great Spy Writer John Le Carre live somewhere around YOU

Best-H :)

jonoslack

Neil - He is a very cruel man; and I'm glad I'm not the only exiled Cornishman who thinks so. Warnings to stop posting pictures of Cornwall have been maliciously ignored, there seems to be no stopping this man from his sadistic fun. Other than that; best wishes Jono.

................ Chris
HI Chris
I'm really sorry - really really sorry:

The only consolation I can give you is that it is currently pouring with rain and I have lots of work to do!

jonoslack

JONO
I once saw a spectacular House in Cornwall / a fav of the the late Author Daphne Du Maurier
and dosen't the Great Spy Writer John Le Carre live somewhere around YOU

Best-H :)
HI Helen
I'm not sure which house that would be (there are lots to choose from).
Yes, John Le Carre lives about 4 miles from here (pretty close to the beach shots). :clap::clap: clever girl :)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hi Helen
Ah cmb - I have to listen, but I've decided not to go for the Epson . . .even though you can get them for a 'reasonable' price in the UK now.
Jono - :) I was not referring to their quest to make you an Epson Boy but rather Helen's thoughtful advice in reminding you to show some attention to ALL your gear! :p

Fantastic landscapes also. Show that M8 a little attention and wow does she/he deliver!

Chris C

Jono..... love to shoot some of this stuff.
Guy - Cornwall's a special place, especially if you catch it before Summer holiday insanity, and with a local guide. The light is wonderful, and the two coasts each have different and distinctive character. You could do a lot worse.

Actually, on second thoughts, I think you, your family, their friends, and those nice people you met on your last boozy night out should all turn up on Jono's doorstep. That will put an end to him tormenting exiles!

............... Chris

N

nei1

Theres nowhere better than Cornwall and no people nicer than the Cornish and its nice to be reminded where home is now and again,I just hope youre photos dont get much better(beautiful as they are now)cause Ill be on the next plane back and that Jono is going to cost not only a pasty and a pint but a cream tea and another pint on the Helford river.

jonoslack

Jono you have a barn we can all come over and sleep in, love to shoot some of this stuff.
Absolutely Guy - you'd be most welcome. At the moment you'd be sharing it with some families of swallows, but I guess you wouldn't mind?

Guy - Cornwall's a special place, especially if you catch it before Summer holiday insanity, and with a local guide. The light is wonderful, and the two coasts each have different and distinctive character. You could do a lot worse.

Actually, on second thoughts, I think you, your family, their friends, and those nice people you met on your last boozy night out should all turn up on Jono's doorstep. That will put an end to him tormenting exiles!

............... Chris
:ROTFL:
But you're so tormentable! Truth is, I'm an exile too; I spend most of my time in Norfolk (which is also nice, but not the same).

Do you think we should let Guy know about the weather? :(

Okay - Guy, we've been here for a week in June (best weather of the year). The sun was out for Monday morning and some of Monday afternoon, and all day Thursday. Rest of the time it's been raining.

euch!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hell I welcome rain. I get 7 inches for the WHOLE year yes you read that correctly the whole year. I'm living in hell. LOL

N

nei1

[/url][/IMG]
Probably shouldnt be doing this as its film but I was using a M4-2 which is a sort of 8.Its of my kids on Crantock beach in the middle of winter,the youngest is indeed wearing 3 coats.We were on our way to sledge down the massive sand dunes behind me.Like I say ,its a special place.All the best,Neil.
Sorry,after all that the photo doesnt show.If you press the 1 down under my photo you should see it.

Last edited: