The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally!!!! LCC's in C1 for any camera!

jklotz

Gotta say, this is pretty awesome! The latest version of Capture One Pro will allow the user to use the LCC feature on any camera! No more red edges!!!! I am currently building a library of calibration files for all my lenses! I've been asking for this feature since Ver 3.xx. Up until this point, it has only worked for Phase One backs - this is a huge jump being able to do this while the file is still in RAW format. Very cool.

C_R

For those who want to try LCC for almost no cost: Melitta coffee filters hold up very well in a test of diffreent white balance cards :)

jklotz

For those who don't think this is the best thing for digital M's since the release of the M9, allow me to "shed some light".

A pic of a friends loft with an M9 and VC 12, no processing:

The same file, again with no processing, other than the LCC correction applied

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
For those who want to try LCC for almost no cost: Melitta coffee filters hold up very well in a test of diffreent white balance cards :)
Pringles lids too :D

I recommend the Capture Integration LCC card though. 4x4 square expodisc works pretty well too although I'd avoid the circular one due to it's own vignette.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
This actually works. It isn't perfect, but very much in the right direction. Three with my M9 and CV 15mm. One will be my blog post for yesterday. Interestingly my LLC shot wasn't perfect - it included a reflection. C1 ignored the reflection when it made the LLC preset. I'll give the CV 12 a spin later today.

f 10

I use both, and must say that I like C1 more because it is a step in the process. Corner Fix was always good, but always a separate step.
Perhaps the profiles in C1 are slightly better, because the creation is easier.

To create the profile I use a milky plexiglass - no matter what program