The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

75 'cron and frame lines

Steve Fines

Hi,

Mystery solved.

The lens had been some months ago sent to NJ for coding. It was not used (checked) after the trip to NJ. Then I showed up as the buyer.

In NJ they had accidentally put a 135 back (flange, bayonet - whatever the correct term is for the silver part that mounts on the camera) on it but coded this as a 75/2.

Thus it pulled up the 35/135 frame lines, but the coding marks were just enough off to not register and so it showed up on the M9 as uncoded.

Getting a new flange and CLA, all gratis. Should be back and working well soon.

jonoslack

Hi,

Mystery solved.

The lens had been some months ago sent to NJ for coding. It was not used (checked) after the trip to NJ. Then I showed up as the buyer.

In NJ they had accidentally put a 135 back (flange, bayonet - whatever the correct term is for the silver part that mounts on the camera) on it but coded this as a 75/2.

Thus it pulled up the 35/135 frame lines, but the coding marks were just enough off to not register and so it showed up on the M9 as uncoded.

Getting a new flange and CLA, all gratis. Should be back and working well soon.
Hi Steve - glad it's sorted

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Must be a relief, Steve - it's a great lens and you'll be very glad to get it back!

I use mine for any situation where I need to get close - it's the best image ratio in M lenses except for the Macro.

Good luck!
Bill