The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S2 accessories

GMB

Applying the famous German soccer saying that after the match is before the match, I concluded that after the purchase of the S2 is before the purchase of the accessories. Therefore, let's start a thread on the coolest and most useful accessories for the S2. Bag, monopods, straps, l-plates -- the whole lot. If possible, with photo or link to manufacturers.:thumbup:

Having used the camera for a day, I think I will buy some tranquilizing herbal tee instead of espresso to keep my hands still :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Georg

David K

Workshop Member
Since you've already purchased the kit you probably don't need Guy's ski mask :) The Hasselblad adapter and a RRS L plate are part of my kit. Adapting an existing right angle finder is next on my list.

fotografz

Just got word from my dealer that the most important accessory I need is HERE and on its way to me ...

:thumbs: The 120 macro! WaHoo! :thumbs:

I hope he can get it to me before my studio shoot this Thursday ... he's trying to make it happen.

Other accessories: (some I've posted before)

Hand-strap from www.camdapter.com with Arca type dual lug QR plate that allows use of the hand-strap and a shoulder strap (camera hangs like the old M5).

MH-01 High Capacity Mono-pod head with B2-Pro-II QR clamp from www.reallyrightstuff.com A Monopod makes a big difference with MFD, and this head makes it easy to swiftly go from landscape to portrait and back again.

Retrospective Lens Changer bag 2 or 3 from www.thinktankphoto.com. Great for walk-abouts with 2 or three lenses, fast change ability ... S2 lenses just fit snug ... the only tight one is the 35mm ... which I solved by getting large micro cloths to easily slide in and out while protecting against rubs. In fact I now use micro cloths for everything.

The Leica cable release.

Wish List:

Would love a diagonal split focusing screen with large micro-prism collar.

Elpro for the 120 Macro, and a 1.4X APO extender precisely matched to the 180mm APO ... don't care if it works on other lenses.

-Marc