The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I found an m8 with 1/4000th on it, is it a M8U?

dude163

Hi all

I found a leica m8 thathas been recently returned from leica for refurbishing, it has a max speed of 1/4000th of a sec and the flash for shutter sync is in a different place too ( 1/160th?)
Does this mean that is a M8U?the m8 that has been upgraded to m8.2 spec? it also has a 1 year warranty and all the gear too

The reason i wanted to check was the dealer says it was returned to them in a m8.2 box instead of the old m8 one

thanks very much

dude163

sweet! with the Upgrade and the year warranty, I should be a Leica owner by the end of today!

jlm

Workshop Member
upgrade options were:
new shutter: stealth mode and 1/4000 max
new framelines
sapphire LCD glass
vulcanite

also any upgrades reset the warranty clock to 1 year

you could probably ask leica what the status is based on ser #

dude163

I had to wait until monday as they werent sure if the previous owner had received the uv/ir filters or not.

The only difference to me would be trying to get a slightly better price if I have to buy the filters too ;)

I'm as giddy as a kid before christmas

dude163

thanks for all the help

I dropped the Credit card on this today 2500 bucks shipped with 2 UV/Ir filters, 1 year warranty and a copy of Adobe Lightroom!

sweeeeeeeettt!!

SYGTAFOTO

Do you know which upgrades this had?
M8u doesn't necessarily mean it's M8.2... you can pick and choose which upgrades you want. I think the critical upgrades are the framelines and the shutter.

dude163

and I just got an email from Leica service

"Yes it had the shutter sapphire glass and mask in 2008. Thank you

Regards
Sarah Mayville"

I know what the shutter and sapphire glass upgrades are, what is the mask?