The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M10 - any news?

ashwinrao1

Fascinating thread. I hope that many of the ideas discussed here are considered down the road. The M9 proves to me that a smaller camera can house a full frame sensor capable of high IQ results. The Pentax FA primes are rather compact SLR lenses capable of an image circles that encompasses a full frame sensor (unlike their tiny DA primes, where are made for crop sensors), so it's possible that pentax may consider such a move, though I am dubious, as there haven't been any recent FA prime releases and many new DA prime releases that are awesome and tiny).

I also hope that someone packages the concept of the fuji EVF into something that's useable for RF's or a SLR style AF camera with lens interchangeability.

All said and told, I am quite happy of the state of photogrpahy as is. I love love love the M9 and how it performs. I just received the K5 (thanks, Jono, for that addiction...haha), and gotta say that I am duly impressed....

All in all, the good times appear here to stay!

Best,
Ashwin

At this point, I am just hoping that Leica would introduce an M9.x with a LiveView capability..... soon. It is definitely doable.
with a kind of liveview or EVF I shall jump at once, without it I am still wondering if a M9 is for me
.. I shall try one next Saturday

My wish list, would be a fast on board processor without delays in starting up/sleep mode and definitely a high res LCD. The sensor issue, is not that obvious, yes I would like higher ISO capability/live view, but not at the expense of IQ that is now achievable with the M9.
Higher ISO is always a loss of Quality

Last edited:
D

denoir

Higher ISO is always a loss of Quality
Not necessarily. Newer sensors typically have cleaner ISO levels than older ones. On my old Canon 350D ISO 400 was barely usable while on a modern camera it's barely noticeable.

Mike M

Those that are concerned with increased resolution and high ISO will never be satisfied regardless of any improvements that can be made in the future. The people that chase after those things are, and will always be, eternally discontented