The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How do i check the Actuations on My M8?

dude163

I am looking at the DNGs i have taken , and I am up to number 550, but have only taken about 125 shots

does that mean my camera only had 425 actuations when I bought it used?

dude163

I meant the number of the shot is 550 :) ie 1060550.dng but even 1360 is good for a used camera :) That means it had 1200 actuations when i bought it!

tomorrow i do 2 things
1: Call up my insurance company to activate my 40 dollars a year *no-peril* insurance
2: register with leica :)

w00h00

LCT

Wonder if you mistake image counter for shutter actuations here. Image counter is sometimes reset to 001, in case of firmware update for instance. But shutter actuation doesn't change and is imbedded in the exif data. If you want to know the actual number of actuations, shoot a jpeg file and open it in Photoshop or Exif Viewer. Then look for "Image Unique ID" in the exif data, copy the hexadecimal number and paste it in a converter like this one: http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html.

dude163

aha

00000000000000000000000000000D9F

is 3487 , and Ive taken about 400-500 s I got a m8u with 3k actuations for 2200 usd

thanks guys , still a good deal IMO!

Godfrey

Thanks for the info about the actuations count and M8Info/M9Info utilities. Useful!

(When I acquired the E-1 that I still have and love, I checked the actuations count and manufacture date in the firmware. I got it in 2008, it was manufactured in 10/2003. When I first got it, it had less than 3000 actuations on the shutter! What a waste of a superb camera. Last time I looked it had 15,000 or so... and it will make many many more! :)