The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

question for Billingham Pola bag owners

silverlight99

So I just received a Billingham Pola bag which I had planned to use with an M9 and 2 (maybe 3 small) lenses as a more compact carrying bag than what I'm currently using (Hadley Digital, which is quite roomy but larger than needed for the M). So to my surprise there were no separators or internal compartments/dividers for the bag as received. so curious how folks are using this bag for the M with 2-3 lenses while keeping each protected/padded? (ie are you using lens pouches, and if so, what are good 3rd party examples as I prefer not to use the Leica ones). Thx!

Last edited:

Mark Steber

Hi

I just received my Pola and my Hadley Small this week. As you know there are no dividers supplied for the Pola. I am using one of mine from the Small as a non-velcro'd divider for now.

You could use anybody's divider as well, something from a past bag. If you go to Jo Ann's or Michael's or AC Moore you can buy some velcro strips that you can apply to your Pola, which will allow you to more permanently fix your new divider.

Wonderful bags. Couldn't be more pleased with my choice. Off to the Big Island tomorrow to break them in properly!

Mark

silverlight99

Thanks Mark. I ordered a couple inexpensive neoprene pouches on Amazon for $6 or $7 each. they'll probably be slightly big, but one avenue to try. I like your idea of creating the dividers with velcro attachments, may give that a go too. It's a fantastic bag, have used it all weekend, very light, but nice structure to it as well. happy travels!
Geoff