The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I actually used a Rangefinder before, 34 years ago!

dude163

I showed my Dad the Leica M8 and he was ecstatic, then I told him it was my first time using a RF camera

" Not so fast " he says, and he digs out some prints he had made from some old slides he had.........

Here is a shot I took in 1977 using the Zorki 4 ( isnt that a clone of the Leica III?) , Im not sure whats more amazing, the fact that I took the shot 34 years ago, or that he let a 12 year old use his Zorki camera :)
After he told me and showed me the shot, the memories came flooding back, and it was a bit emotional looking at them all, but I do recall that teh camera was VERY heavy and cold to the touch and the knurling on the aperture hurt my fingers. But its a time that I had totally forgotten about.

cool