The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

85mm Summarex

Erik Five

a real 'bargain' (BGN) at $1200 LOL

sounds like $3k is the price
Well. With Keh its hard to tell. They can rate it BGN just because it doesnt come with front and rear cap. Ive heard of plenty of people that has gotten mint stuff just that its missing every removable item that would normally come with a new lens. You can call them in advance and ask and return it if not happy. :)

Hacker

Have you bought the chrome yet Stephen? Long time, no see btw.

I almost bought this lens 4 months ago, but ended up with another 75Lux. Images look very good. How is the weight?
Hi Erik, good to see you here. No, I did not get the Summarex but ended up with a 85 f2 ZM instead. Is this your 3rd or 4th Lux then? :bugeyes:

Eoin

Yes, I'm hoping for one. I understand that it is lighter.
It looks like it's still made of brass like the chrome ones, I doubt it's lighter by much if any.
Interestingly, the aperture rings of silver and black lenses move in different directions.

BTW it's not mine, I'm a chrome whore :D

Bébèrt

more Summarex tests.

•1 The dog, f 1,5
•2 Autumn flower, f 4
•3 Granny & daughter, (some flare of a lightsource because I didn't have my hood yet) f 1,5
•4 Daughter, iso 1250 f 1,5

wish I had bought this lens sooner.

woodyspedden

Just got my mint looking 85 back today from John Shelton at FocalPointLens.com. He does all the lens work for Sean Craynor at Camera West. There was a small imperfection in the coating of one of the doublets. He had that repolished and recoated. He then lapped in the 60year old focus helicoid to make it smooth as butter. Cost me $550 and worth every penny. Nice smooth focusing and no flare from the work on the doublet. As John told me "they just don't make them like this anymore. I agree.

Best to all with your old but new Leica stuff

Woody

woodyspedden

O.K. Guys and Girls

Here is a 1958 Summarex..........Wow! Love the look and feel of this beauty. As John Shelton said........"They just don't make them like this anymore" I am sure the same would be said for Jack's 73 Hector et al.

Enjoy