The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lenses with that Special Character

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Ditto! Charlie, that is a STUNNING capture! :thumbs:
~~~

On a side note, I would love to trim my bag to the 24 and 50 with the 12 CV and 73 hektor on the side when needed, but the 24 does not render the same way as the 21asph or 28asph, so I currently carry that pair instead. I guess one option is to live with the 28/50 pair and leave the 21 out of the mix? Curious as to what others do for a really trim, 2 to 4 lens kit?

Cheers,

gero

Jack, I have a different look. My 3 main lenses are 24asph, 35/1.4asph and nuctilux. From those three I have as many branches as I can.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gero!

Yes, that is of course another viable strategy, and perhaps one I should consider...

Cheers,

chocy

Sell the 50 preASPH to me and keep 21, 28. LOL

All the joking aside, I sold my biogon 21mm to trim my set, because
although different FOV of 21 and 28 weren't drastically different

I had CV15, ZM21, 28 cron, ZM50 C-Son, CV 75 2.5

but what want to get to

CV15, 28cron, 50 pre-asph, something in 90s (but CV 75 is OK for now)

so my main squeeze are going to be

28cron and 50preasph

akiralx

I'm still finding my feet with what FLs suit me, but I'm heading off for a three day family hiking holiday, so am taking the CV15, plus 28 & 75 summicrons.

I'd like to take the 24 elmarit but think I might need the extra speed for any family shots at dinner.

Also planning to try the new Nikon 14-24 on the D200.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Curious as to what others do for a really trim, 2 to 4 lens kit?
Jack - am I missing something here? I thought 5-7 lenses constituted a 2 lens kit. Maybe I wasn't paying attention at the workshops but I thought that is what you and Guy taught us! :p

so 12cv, 21, 28, 50pre, 73 hector - that's your 2 lens kit!
or wait until after photokina and the new 18mm then
18, 24, 50, 73

If you want to add a 35, 90, or 135 to either of the above, then you have a 3 lens kit.

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Iraky really excellent photograph and IMHO a very creative use of the hektor signiture. The strong contrasty lighting and strong colors create a very different look with the hektor signiture than for example Jack s pastel flower image. I can t see how you could create this image with a modern optic. :thumbup:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
so 12cv, 21, 28, 50pre, 73 hector - that's your 2 lens kit!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Too funny, and yes that IS my current lens stable so you were paying attention! :D

Actually, my issue is I could justify the 24 and 50pre as a 2-lens kit pretty easily, but I don't own the 24. Can't really justify purchasing the Leica version since I already own the 21 and 28 Asphs, so thinking maybe the CV 25 M mount for that...

?

Terry

Too funny, and yes that IS my current lens stable so you were paying attention! :D

Actually, my issue is I could justify the 24 and 50pre as a 2-lens kit pretty easily, but I don't own the 24. Can't really justify purchasing the Leica version since I already own the 21 and 28 Asphs, so thinking maybe the CV 25 M mount for that...

?
Yeah we ALL were well taught.... :grin::grin::grin:
I've pared back to a two and a half lens kit after selling my 90 Summarit. My two lens kit: CV12, 21 emlarit, 28 cron, 50 pre, 75 cron. The extra half is the the 35 version IV that I currently don't use but am just holding until Photokina to figure out what treats Dr. Kauffman has for us :eek:.

irakly

lovely shot.... Great use of the hektor Charm, Irakly
you can FEEL that Feminine Sex Appeal coupled w/the Leica Glow
:) Best- H
thanks helen. it is sex appeal that i was after. so, getting this kind of remark from a girl makes it twice as valuable :)

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Ditto! Charlie, that is a STUNNING capture! :thumbs:
~~~

On a side note, I would love to trim my bag to the 24 and 50 with the 12 CV and 73 hektor on the side when needed, but the 24 does not render the same way as the 21asph or 28asph, so I currently carry that pair instead. I guess one option is to live with the 28/50 pair and leave the 21 out of the mix? Curious as to what others do for a really trim, 2 to 4 lens kit?

Cheers,
Jack, see now if you were shooting the old 21mm SA like I am, it wouldn't be a problem :D I pack that puppy and my old 35 'Cron always, then fill in by adding either the 24 asph (which I truly do love) and / or my 50 pre-asph 'Lux. Makes for one small, light kit overall..

harmsr

Workshop Member

?
Jack,

I really struggled over the same thing. I had the 21, 28, 35, 50, 90 and wanted to pair down. Trying the 24 on loan for several weeks against the 21 & 28, it just didn't do it for me. The lens is nice but I really like how the 28 renders so much more.

In the end I did not get the 24, and trimmed the 21 out of the mix.

My M8 kit is as follows:

Single lens - 35 Cron ASPH
Two lens - 28 Cron ASPH & 50 Lux ASPH
Three lens - 28 Cron ASPH / 50 Lux ASPH / 90 Elmarit

My M7 kit is as follows: (I also had Leica change these frame lines to only have the 35/50/90 lines.)

Single lens - 50 Lux ASPH
Three lens kit - 35 Cron ASPH / 50 Lux ASPH / 90 Elmarit

I have owned sooooo mannnyyyy Leica lenses over the years, but the above set-ups actually get used and I really love the focal length combination plus how they render.

About the only thing that I would like to replace in the above kit is my 35 Cron, with a 35 Lux ASPH (redesigned - I'm hopeful here.) that renders like the current 35 Lux ASPH but without the focus shifting as you stop down.

Best,

Ray