The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Now it's time ...

f 10

Hi

after 4.5 years with my M8 - a really nice period - it was necessary to rework my homepage.

I have seen here incredibly great pictures. Much of this has me often inspired .
Thanks for the Impulse.

Now you have the chance to see many of my pictures.
Of course this is just a small section

Have fun

www.wiewelhove.com

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Carsten,

really nice page and great shots. You obviously like the M8 and know how to master it ;)

Peter

Hi Carsten, I enjoyed your new website. The load times and responsiveness are very good. One point worth mentioning is that the images are not full screen size when viewed on an iPad. Still the load times are great even on 3G with the iPad and when the load is done the images flip from one to another very quickly.

f 10

@ m_driscoll
Thank you

@ ptomsu
Thanks Peter
btw. I know you from the German forum.
Nice to see you here

@ Mark Gowin
Thanks Mark
you are right with the problem on the iPad
But I don`t like the ipad, that's the reason why I put no value on the adaptation
The problem is the browser of the iPad. My site is designed for large monitors.
The speed is really great, even though all the images have a resolution of
1440 * 810px

J

JohnW

Thanks for sharing your new site. I enjoyed both the photos and the site design. I especially like the full-screen images.

Load times are excellent for me. My only quibble is that I find the design of the "LOADING" page distracting. No big deal, but I'd rather see something more subtle.

Congratulations on your fine work.

John

Lloyd

I very much enjoyed your new website, Carsten. It loaded quickly for me, and I like the full-sized images. Best of all, it's just full of your terrific photography. Nicely done.

f 10

@ John W
Thanks John
I have updated the loading page :salute:
Thank you for the constructive Tip

@Lloyd
As always, thanks for your very kind words

J

JohnW

Carsten, that looks better to my eye.

BTW, did you code this? Or is it a template? I'm interested in this technique of full-screen scaled images without Flash.

John

f 10

Carsten, that looks better to my eye.

BTW, did you code this? Or is it a template? I'm interested in this technique of full-screen scaled images without Flash.

John
Thanks John,

i have searched for the words "Full Screen", "CSS".
It is a German manual.
But I'm sure it's 100 times more often found in English

J

JohnW

Carsten,

I was able to find code and get the jpg scaling working fine. However, I get the same phenomena that I see on your site -- the photo is cropped at the top and bottom. And scaling does not address toolbars, so the browser toolbars overlay and crop the photo. Not sure I'm comfortable with that but will play some more.

John