The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 too easy

gooomz

just started taking pics with my M9 after moving from 35 film. used to shooting on manual focus contax cameras and never had a real digital camera other then a canon g9 g10 etc. all i can say is WOW. the M9 just makes it so easy to capture great photos. i know the camera does not make the shooter but my initial impression of the M9 is that it makes it so easy to take great photos provided that you have the fundamental of photography down. just a great camera. WOW. just like a great film camera, basic out of your way design excepts with the connivence of digital capture.

Godfrey

There is a huge world of difference between PnS digicameras like the Canon G series and professional quality cameras like an M9 or pro DSLR... ! It's all good...

retow

just started taking pics with my M9 after moving from 35 film. used to shooting on manual focus contax cameras and never had a real digital camera other then a canon g9 g10 etc. all i can say is WOW. the M9 just makes it so easy to capture great photos. i know the camera does not make the shooter but my initial impression of the M9 is that it makes it so easy to take great photos provided that you have the fundamental of photography down. just a great camera. WOW. just like a great film camera, basic out of your way design excepts with the connivence of digital capture.
It better be great at the price one has to pay;)

Double Negative

Not Available
Congrats - and enjoy!

The M9 is a real peach, no doubt. It's just a simple, robust picture-taking machine. If you've got some skillz, and some decent glass you're aces.

I love the fact that the M9 (and M8) are "no frills." No auto-this, no auto-that. No pages and pages of menus for every possible setting. To borrow from Nissan Xterra advertising campaign... "Everything you need, nothing you don't."

gooomz

not sure if i like slrs better then rangefinders yet, but i think i will be able to say that in short order. the m9 feels to me to operate in very much the same way as my 167mt and aria. manual focus, minimal features and i never rocked zoom lenes anyway, also thinking and swapping focal lengths to get different shots. the m9 is to me so far the same just smaller, cooler, more convenient and discrete. so far so good.