The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

which one?

D

ddk

dear girls and boys! please help me choose the absolute best shot.
for those interested, m8, 1.4/35, visatec litepack (two light setup)
the pictures are numbered.
http://www.shanidze.com/WebGalleries/leland-dancer/
Great work Irakly, I love it!

My favorite is #1, I like the dancer's pose and there's less clutter in the picture making it the strongest image of the lot for me. The balloon on the left in the other images is distracting imo.

If you must have one with the broken piano then I'd go with no. 8. Although I like the idea of the broken down piano, I find it a weaker image, too many competing elements taking away from the purity of no 1.

vieri

Irakly, for me is Nr. 2. I like her pose there the best, with the arms almost symmetrical and IMHO the ball on the bottom left adds balance to the composition. Great job overall! :D

Terry

I think it may be #2 for me. Elements that I like are: on toes, piano upright (more plausible that she is practicing), balloon (but not sure why). Second choice is #8 which goes against what I just said but something about it pulls me in. All that being said, no matter which one you showed if you were just showing one, would be awesome. A shot I would like to hang up.

Bob Parsons

# 7 for me. More balanced, calm and with less tension than the others. The symmetry of the dancer's pose contrasts strongly with the disorder in the room. When I first saw the images in B&W and not the last color one I thought the balloon was a ball and chain making the dancer a slave to her art........ obviously been looking at too many of your images LOL.

Bob.

Last edited:

jonoslack

HI Irakly
Well, I like 2 for the reasons given.

. . . but I also like 4 because the arms are not symmetrical.