The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica lens caps

gooomz

i have the 50mm cron and the cap pops off easily, do they make a metal cap or just a different cap that doesn't come off so easily?

i have a 50mm asph summilux on order.

will that lens have the same issue with caps?

DaveS

I have the same problem, if you are talking about the 50 with the built in hood. On the older version, one previous, you can get a metal cap which works great. On the newest one, they don't fit. I ended up buying a new Leica cap which has more spring tension. The problem with the 39mm Leica cap is the spring tension is made from a plastic circle in the cap. The other larger caps use a different tension using real metal springs under their cap. So I don't have a better solution unless you can find an after market 39mm with a proper spring tension.

Good luck, hope you find something.

Regards,
Dave

AGeoJO

I sold my 50mm cron a few years back and I don't remember how the cap was. The plastic cap on my 50mm lux ASPH seems to work just fine and it stays in place pretty well.