The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Diopters

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Anyone use diopter correction on their M? I have a -1.75 correction in my shooting (left) eye. as I understand it the VF (I have a M9) is -.5, so I'd have to use a -1.50 and be a bit overcorrected. I have always hesitated because I figured it wouldn't be worth it to take glasses off, put glasses on, etc. Any advice appreciated.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Alan

The viewfinder of the M appears at 2M ....so you need the correction you require to see best at 2M . This is rarely your eyeglass formula which normally is correcting for near or far sightedness. I would guess that you need a -1.0 . The best way to do this is to try several different strengths by ordering from a source where you can return the others .

Roger

m_driscoll

Alan,

Like Roger said, you need to try them out. I use a +1.5, or, a +1.0, depending on the M camera and if i'm using a magnifying viewfinder. I set up a tripod and something to focus on and tried various combinations. I used to take my glasses off, and it was a pain. now, I don't.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com