Site Sponsors
Page 107 of 295 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,350 of 14719

Thread: Fun w/Digital M Images

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Fun w/Digital M Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    LOL!!! I think I've actually said (and certainly thought) those words at times!

I do have to say, however, that the particular woman involved here is worth the trouble! Nice shot too.
    Lloyd, thanks. It is difficult when one does not look while walking!!
    Matt, thank you.

Regards.
    Between Friends
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Shiro, is that your child on the skateboard? I'm impressed by your ability to focus on such a fast moving subject :P I ran into a family today, they were at a parking lot skateboarding (yes, even the father, who looked about 30). I asked if I could take a few photos, and I found it extremely difficult focusing and framing with the kids skating around everywhere!

I'll post those photos up after I'm done processing them

Handed in my last project of the year yesterday... finally done with my first year in university! Naturally... my friends and I threw a little celebration and got wasted...

Here's the caption I wrote for one of the photos I had on flickr...

"My first year in university came to an end on April 20th, 2012. A few friends had to leave Cambridge the next day, as we all will within the next week. A few of us come from the same city, though as a group, we'll be apart for the next four months. As Chris said, it'll be a bittersweet summer. Naturally, we threw one last jam, as our way of celebrating the conclusion of our first year and to say goodbye to the few who left early. As usual, we all ended up in an inebriated buzz. Only eight months ago we were all strangers. It's nice looking back and seeing how far we've all come. We've had our differences and disagreements, but we've overcame them and grew closer. I've made friends here that I can trust and relate to, and I'm more than thankful for that.

It'll be hard to say goodbye to my friends, even the ones that live close to me, but it'll be even harder to say goodbye to Hillary. We've only been together for roughly four months, but time works differently in Cambridge... one month feels like a few, and naturally people and relationships develop much the same way. On our way back home from our little get together, drunk Patrick told drunk Hillary that he loves her lots but doesn't see them as a couple. In some ways, I agree with drunk Patrick, I don't feel as if we're a couple, or at least... not a couple that I'm used to seeing or being a part of. I see her as a sort of... best friend, someone I trust myself with, someone I can be open and true to, someone I can explore with. At the same time, I deeply care for Hillary, I want to be there for her whenever she needs me, I want to watch her grow as a person and grow with her. I see her as my sidekick, and much like with my friends, I'm more than thankful I have her. I know there are people that don't approve of our relationship, but I can't be happier with it. I'd like to think that what under-the-influence Wesley said is true, that "Hatrick is the coolest couple ever!"

When we got home, I set up a few lights and took a few photos of her to pass the time while we waited for the Kraft Dinner to cook. We were both still buzzed, happy that we had one last amazing night with the friends we care for so much, but feeling sick from all the stuff we drank. I feel as if the set of photos captured the feel of last night and the coming summer very well; it was and will be a lot of fun, we all looked forward to it, though it won't be without a little pain.

Goodbye for now, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon "

Anyway, I'll be posting some better photos soon, just gotta process them! Here's a few photos we took with the R-D1 and Nokton 40/1.4. Surprisingly, my ability to focus a rangefinder and move lights remain somewhat unchanged whilst I'm inebriated :P

My Flickr

100 Strangers Project
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick, great shots. But I still have no idea what to tell your mom about why you haven't been studying as much as she thinks you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is Hillary leaving?

Post Thanks / Like

my turn to post photos I'm flying back home to Vancouver in a couple weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Patrick and Hillary, you guys are lucky that you are sharing this hobby together. Me, on the other hand, just had a talk with my other half yesterday about how I'm pay more attention to my camera than her :-/

So I asked her... "Would you like to learn photography with me?" since I still have the NEX5n around. She thought about it and said yes! I'm hoping she'll find it interesting as well. We're going to the Renaissance faire tomorrow, each with a camera on our neck, so we'll see how that turns out.

I'll post this question to the group... have you ever had to fight for gear with the other half? To me, that would be the best outcome... then there'll be more excuses to acquire more gear As long as she keeps her hands off my M9
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mikal! She knows, she knows! My parents came to visit me the day after my birthday, on which my friends and I... well you know. I had "Happy 19th birthday!" written on my arms, "thug life" on my fingers, and "Hai my name is Patrick!" on the back of my neck... oh and of course, a 6 pack of Heineken on my doorstep. :P I'm surprised my parents don't mind that much, all my father said was that I drink expensive beer, and went on to talk about the best beers he's had. My mother just said not to drink too much or else I'd get sick! I feel like architecture students have the balance between partying and working mastered... work 16 hour days throughout the week... spend one night getting smashed with your friends... then sober up next morning for another 16 hour work day :P Sounds fun huh?

Congrats David! Well, the argument not so much, but her openess to learn should be congratulated! Hopefully she'll find the hobby as interesting as you do! Hopefully Hillary would jump in here and share the experience she had picking up this hobby :P We havent fought over gear yet, but we do plan on starting a small collection between the two of us! Also, I really enjoy reading your blog!

My post for the day is a part of my 100 Strangers project. These are strangers #2,3,4! Here's the blurb I wrote for flickr:

"I was eating lunch with Hillary yesterday when I saw a man roll by across the restaurant window. A few seconds later, a boy about half his height rolled along right behind him.

On our way home, we came across the man and his children skateboarding at a loading dock. They had a makeshift ramp set up over a small curb and were doing tricks off the ramp and on the curb. The kids were much better skaters than I ever was, and much, much more fearless!

I went over to talk to him. His name is Earl, his two sons are Parker (on the left) and Cole (on the right), who's about 5 years old. Earl grew up skateboarding, and it seems as if he passed on his sport to his children. Parker and Cole got new boards that day, just before they went to the loading dock, and were really excited to try them out!

It was really nice meeting them, it made me really happy seeing a father passing on his hobby and possibly passion on to his children. It was also really nice seeing him take the time out of his day to spend time with his children doing something that, as he said, he is 'much too old for'.

I hope I can one day meet Earl again and give him this photo."

My Flickr

100 Strangers Project
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Patrick,
    It's been 36 years since I met my wife, and we have been married for the last 32 of them. Being a good friend to your partner is the most important thing of all, as it is what works in the long run. I'd advise drunk Patrick to change his mind pronto!

My better half on honeymoon in Minorca (if the admins will forgive some analog pics in the interest of saving these young folks from making a mistake):

and recently:

Chris
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, being best friends is a great start! it worked for me
    http://dude163.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Haha Chris, Chris, no worries, I didn't mean it like that! I meant that she's not only my girlfriend, she's also my best friend, someone who I cherish and care for deeply. I just feel like I can do everything with her. I've been in relationships where the lady would not understand or be interested in my interests, or would refuse to do things that I like with me (mostly photo-related stuff), or were just looking for something else. That became the "standard" of relationships for me. I'm fully aware that Hillary is more than just a friend to me, more than just a best friend; it's just that being completely open and being able to share an interest with my significant other is something I'm not used to, hence not feeling like we're a couple, but more like a duo :P I love her lots, no worries about that!

Lovely images by the way and congrats on finding the love of your life
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    Patrick,
    It's been 36 years since I met my wife, and we have been married for the last 32 of them. Being a good friend to your partner is the most important thing of all, as it is what works in the long run. I'd advise drunk Patrick to change his mind pronto!

My better half on honeymoon in Minorca (if the admins will forgive some analog pics in the interest of saving these young folks from making a mistake):

Chris
    Beautiful then, beautiful now.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCheung View Post
    Oh Mikal! She knows, she knows! My parents came to visit me the day after my birthday, on which my friends and I... well you know. I had "Happy 19th birthday!" written on my arms, "thug life" on my fingers, and "Hai my name is Patrick!" on the back of my neck... oh and of course, a 6 pack of Heineken on my doorstep. :P I'm surprised my parents don't mind that much, all my father said was that I drink expensive beer, and went on to talk about the best beers he's had. My mother just said not to drink too much or else I'd get sick! I feel like architecture students have the balance between partying and working mastered... work 16 hour days throughout the week... spend one night getting smashed with your friends... then sober up next morning for another 16 hour work day :P Sounds fun huh?

Congrats David! Well, the argument not so much, but her openess to learn should be congratulated! Hopefully she'll find the hobby as interesting as you do! Hopefully Hillary would jump in here and share the experience she had picking up this hobby :P We havent fought over gear yet, but we do plan on starting a small collection between the two of us! Also, I really enjoy reading your blog!

My post for the day is a part of my 100 Strangers project. These are strangers #2,3,4! Here's the blurb I wrote for flickr:

"I was eating lunch with Hillary yesterday when I saw a man roll by across the restaurant window. A few seconds later, a boy about half his height rolled along right behind him.

On our way home, we came across the man and his children skateboarding at a loading dock. They had a makeshift ramp set up over a small curb and were doing tricks off the ramp and on the curb. The kids were much better skaters than I ever was, and much, much more fearless!

I went over to talk to him. His name is Earl, his two sons are Parker (on the left) and Cole (on the right), who's about 5 years old. Earl grew up skateboarding, and it seems as if he passed on his sport to his children. Parker and Cole got new boards that day, just before they went to the loading dock, and were really excited to try them out!

It was really nice meeting them, it made me really happy seeing a father passing on his hobby and possibly passion on to his children. It was also really nice seeing him take the time out of his day to spend time with his children doing something that, as he said, he is 'much too old for'.

I hope I can one day meet Earl again and give him this photo."
    Great story, great shot!! I hope you do find them and give them a copy!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are 3 images from downtown with a M9. The first two using a 35mm Summicron ASPH, the last with a 50mm Summicron Type 4.

Granite reflections in a rainstorm.

Spring colors.

The merging of organic and inorganic forms.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice set, rrdiaz! Especially love the first and the last. Welcome to the forum, btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

first shots with my M8. New to the world of Leica and still trying to become "acquainted" with her. Lens this weekend was cron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH

I would love some feedback good or BAD.

L1001662.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr

L1001668.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr

L1001669.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr

L1001689.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr

L1001690.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A few portraits from the Renaissance Faire today... The full set

David Young
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey Patrick your post got me a little nostalgic of days gone by ; ) Enjoy your summer holiday as you will see life starts speeding up and before you know it ........ you'll be photographing your nephew skateboarding .... my son is only two months old ,another month or so and I'll be sending him down the hill ,right now he is to small ...
    The focusing part is easy ... just pre focused on a spot that I knew he would cross on the way down .. the hard part was his dad was sending him down and I was taking the pic and catching him ... I was laying on the ground to get this angle and I wanted the flare from the sun ,.... Kento is great to photograph ,very natural country boy . He has two older brothers and so insist on doing everything an older kid can do ... with a lot of determination ... He refers to himself as my sons older brother ; )

Here is a link to a great series based on a young girl .... Mirai-chan | Sokokashiko

Here are few from yesterdays walk through Waki .....

M8.2 35 summaron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Very nice set, rrdiaz! Especially love the first and the last. Welcome to the forum, btw.
    Thanks Lloyd, very glad to be here.

Cheers,

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey Jeff, looks like we went to the same faire! I saw a few canikon shooters with 2 foot long zooms and lots of phone shooter, but not much RF represented. Nice capture of your kids playing around.
    David Young

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff I like the first shot and the B+W of the kids , nice

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWarren View Post
    first shots with my M8. New to the world of Leica and still trying to become "acquainted" with her. Lens this weekend was cron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH

I would love some feedback good or BAD.
    First off Jeff, welcome to the forum, and welcome to the strange and wonderful (and expensive!) world of Digital M shooting. As for your shots, I really like the first shot, very intriguing. And that b/w shot of the kids is a flat out winner. Love it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    A few portraits from the Renaissance Faire today... The full set
    Terrific set all around, David. And I really like the processing; fits your subject very well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroKuro View Post
    Hey Patrick your post got me a little nostalgic of days gone by ; ) Enjoy your summer holiday as you will see life starts speeding up and before you know it ........ you'll be photographing your nephew skateboarding .... my son is only two months old ,another month or so and I'll be sending him down the hill ,right now he is to small ...
    The focusing part is easy ... just pre focused on a spot that I knew he would cross on the way down .. the hard part was his dad was sending him down and I was taking the pic and catching him ... I was laying on the ground to get this angle and I wanted the flare from the sun ,.... Kento is great to photograph ,very natural country boy . He has two older brothers and so insist on doing everything an older kid can do ... with a lot of determination ... He refers to himself as my sons older brother ; )

Here is a link to a great series based on a young girl .... Mirai-chan | Sokokashiko

Here are few from yesterdays walk through Waki .....

M8.2 35 summaron
    Thanks for the link, Charles. I enjoyed that. As for your shots here, great stuff, as always. Love the way that Summaron renders, and especially in B/W. The second shot in particular just sings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

@ David YES great opportunities at the faire for some wonderfully interesting images. David nice set all the way around. I am going back next weekend (wife's b-day) w/o kids in tow. I will keep a lookout for any other RF's.

@ Dude thanks..I am finding my kids will make for great practice for street shooting. (always on the move)

@ Lloyd thanks for the kind welcome. Strange wonderful and expensive, well put!

Post Thanks / Like

A B+W shot from the other day , cron 50 at f2.8

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great stuff all.
    Just got back from 2 weeks in Asia.. and half a week of editing photos.

Will be catching up on this thread and slowly posting some of my results...

M8 + 50lux v2
    blog
    steve

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Robert: That's a serious look on that face! Nice.

Steve: Great capture. Lots of energy in that frame. Looking forward to more from your trip.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Photographers: I liked everything! Including Patrick's reminding me of the end of my first year in Architecture school. Big +1 and
    Mike: Keep the 75 Summarit. It's become one of my favorites.

Here's a few with it that i don't think I've posted:

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/250s @ f/4; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/250s @ f/4.8; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/125s @ f/3.4; ISO 400

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Loyd .. glad you liked that link and the pics .. Japan has excellent photography books ,one can spend hours in a book store looking through them ... The 35 summaron works really well on the M8 .. in certain situations it can be too sharp , really love this old lens .

One of my favorite subjects to photograph are crows , Though I never manage to get a decent shot of one ,they are wicked smart and seem to be camera shy ... today this one actually let me get up close and take a few pictures him , he even posed for a few ; ) ....

anyway here are two from today ......

M8.2 35 summaron

Post Thanks / Like

Love that second crow shot!

Post Thanks / Like

here is a Raven I caught last year with my Elmarit 135

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

These are great .....that 135 must of been a challenge to use to capture this raven in flight .

Post Thanks / Like

the raven photos are beautiful how did you focus so clearly on a flying bird? i have a hard enough time focusing on people xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

a few more captures from the faire...

David Young

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from Bali, staying up in Ubud. So many excellent images, and credits to catch up on
    Congrats Patrick and Hilary, on being able to share your passion!!! Many great spontaneous portraits with passion!!
    Chris, beautiful story and images
    Charles, so many awesome shot! Love the stark B&W.
    Matt, great shots
    Robert, very nice capture with the 50 Cron.
    Steve,SJG, nice street shot!
    Hoserimage, amazing portraits series
    Jeff, I love the first and last shot!

Shots are from the last few days, staying at Ubud at Bali. All the shots are with 24 and 50 Lux This set is from the Mother Temple at Basikah, where there have been almost month most religious celebrations.

Last edited by CharlesK; 27th April 2012 at 02:03.
    Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

oh man... I need to check this thread more often! Hillary's with me for the first few weeks of our break, so we've just been running around town finding things to do and take photos of! I've got a few to share, I'll post them tomorrow when I have time to process them!

There's a lot to catch up on... so here we go!

Jeff: Congrats on the M8, and the BW shot of your children is just lovely!
    Shiro: Your nephew's drive to do everything his brothers do is going to take him to great places one day. It's great that he's doing so many things at such an early age. I sometimes wish I was a little more adventurous in my childhood, that way I'd be a little less afraid of falling, climbing, etc. Hopefully that determination lasts throughout his entire life

David: I really like your faire shots! Especially the ones on your blog! I wish we had something like that in Toronto.

Rob: the shots of your daughter always put a smile on my face. So much emotion :P

Charles: I always like viewing your photos. I'm going to be doing a little travelling myself soon, I'm hoping I can come home with shots like yours!
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project

Post Thanks / Like

These are great .....that 135 must of been a challenge to use to capture this raven in flight .

it was indeed, Im still not sure if I even like the elmarit 135 , its bulky, heavy , unwieldy, but when it works its awesome!

here is what it looks like on Camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Charles, Lloyd - Thanks!
    Hillary, welcome.. I see that you joined while I was away on travel! Great to see you on the other end of the camera too :-)

Shiro - Well captured, great post process
    Dude - Nice eye/speed with that 135! Big guns for an M!
    Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    Hillary - Loved the colors in the second one, OOF, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillary.hc.chang View Post
    Hosermage - I really liked the expression here
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    Charles - This was my fave of the set, always great to see your travels
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post
    blog
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Next one from my Tokyo trip...

M8 & 50lux v2 (seems like its the only lens I go for these days)
    blog
    steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Steve - that 50 lux looks pretty darn good on that M8! Very nice pics and PP.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt: Love the rendering of that 75, especially the first shot. Nice set all around.

Charles: Great catch on that second shot. Nicely done.

Robert: You too! Very impressive with that 135! It is a beast, isn't it, but lovely results

Hillary: Love that high key first shot of Patrick.

David: LOVE the shot of the women in the hats. Awesome.

Charles: More magic from Bali. Especially love your portraits.

Steve: I envy your trip... and that great catch of the woman with the bicycle. Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man... I missed the raven photos this morning... what a catch! I wanted the goggled Elmarit for a long time... I'm going on a trip to hong kong in a few weeks and I feel as if a telephoto might help. If you're not sure about that elmarit, I'll be happy to take it off your hands

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd, Patrick and Steve, thank you!
    Steve, very nice street capture! What a great lens the 50 Lux V2
    Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Had a nice few days here , which for E Canada means 11C , the kids played on the deck with some bubbles.
    All of these are taken with a 1958 Elmar 90/4 I got off a DPI member for 60 bucks! Its a bit hazy , but it works!

Dont ask a kid to : " Smile for the camera , but dont act goofy!"

and last of all, it started to rain

I think the Elmar + M8 combo really suits B+W , what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Dammit Rob. Now I want a 90/4 elmar as well. Great shots Seems like she doesn't like rain huh? And I beg to differ, you should ALWAYS ask her to "smile... but don't act goofy"!
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCheung View Post
    Dammit Rob. Now I want a 90/4 elmar as well. Great shots Seems like she doesn't like rain huh? And I beg to differ, you should ALWAYS ask her to "smile... but don't act goofy"!
    Plus one from me. Very nice character to that lens. And, speaking of character, I suspect she comes by that naturally, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick I wanted a 90 cron/elmarit ( f2/f2.8) but I couldnt pass it up for 60 bucks

these shots took a bit of work in Lightroom to get right ( the Elmar has Very low contrast ), but I now have an individual user preset that has a baseline for each of my vintage Leica lenses so it only takes a minute or 2 tops

thanks btw , you too Lloyd , Im sure my daughter gets it from my wife *cough*

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Insanity is hereditary--you get it from your children.

Post Thanks / Like

steve and lloyd: thanks it's great to be part of such a wonderful community.

rob: your daughter is beautiful not to mention a sense of humour too haha

finally together in a photo xD

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Tremendous, Tremendous Work Here!!!! Damn!!!!! So Far Behind!