The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

Not the best shots but someone asked what I used to take my bird photos

a Pentax KX with a 1970ish super takumar 200/4 , taken with a M8 and ELmarit 135/2.8 wide open shooting into the sunset

and a M8u with the Elmarit 135/2.8 taken with......a pentax KX with a super taky 200/4 at f5.6 , I think this was taken in JOG mode, hence the oversaturated greens

mAlKhamis

Ryan, Thank you for the kind words, glad you liked it !! cheers!

Frank, Lovely street set, beautiful stories !!

Matt, The Pike place market set, is beautiful, excellent composing with the Nocti, very inspiring, well done my friend !!

eleanorbrown

Just returned from an expedition to the High Arctic Svalbard..in the vicinity of 80 degrees north latitude in the Arctic Ocean...550 miles from the North Pole. Here are some M9 images with various M asph lenses, from that trip. Eleanor

eleanorbrown

Thanks Dude and DN....I like the way the M lenses rendered the water...gave it a smooth kind of liquid "oily" look even tho it was clear, cold and certainly had no oil! eleanor

m_driscoll

Just returned from an expedition to the High Arctic Svalbard..in the vicinity of 80 degrees north latitude in the Arctic Ocean...550 miles from the North Pole. Here are some M9 images with various M asph lenses, from that trip. Eleanor

Eleanor: Welcome back! These are awesome! I esp. like that your set isn't just a "travelogue". #1, #3, and #5 punctuate, complement, enhance, and complete #2 and #4. A great visual "story". BTW,each, and every one's an excellent photo. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

eleanorbrown

Hi Matt and thanks. What does one do when you are on a trip where most are looking for and photographing polar bears and have dslr's with very long IS lenses.., with auto focus....my longest lens was the M 75 mm asph. I decided to shoot the water abstractions for one thing..they were beautiful. I head to Colorado tomorrow so hopefully I will get some decent river shots again...eleanor

Eleanor: Welcome back! These are awesome! I esp. like that your set isn't just a "travelogue". #1, #3, and #5 punctuate, complement, enhance, and complete #2 and #4. A great visual "story". BTW,each, and every one's an excellent photo. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Peter Klein

Shiro: The pool monster shot is scary-good!
Eleanor, three words: Wow, wow, wow!
Matt: Nice fiddlin' around with the Noct. You really used the slim DOF to advantage, and got a very "pushed Tri-X" look in the B&Ws.

m_driscoll

Robert: Not your typical BIF setup!
Eleanor: It allowed you to hone your art...and, you didn't end up with 12,000 rapid fire polar bear photos to edit. My experience shooting grizzlies three years ago: still editing the 12,000, now down to 8,000.
Peter: Thanks. :D It's going to take a while to get a feel for it, and see how it fit's into my shooting 'style'. My initial infatuation with photographing the smallest DOF possible will, hopefully, evolve into something more mature.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

dude163

Matt the last one is awesome for 2 reasons

1: the bokeh and shallow DoF are cool
2: I like how you put the lock and chain in their too . very subliminal message about jewelry :p

proenca

Well, I'm off to buy a new dog : a Great Dane ; always had dogs through my life and now I've set my mind on Great Danes ; that said, been reading about the breed for the last weeks and today went to the Great Dane championship here in Portugal, to know some breeders and watch the dogs in real. A treat !

Here are a few pictures , M9 + Noctilux :

Hope you enjoy !

eleanorbrown

Charles and Peter thanks for your kind words on my arctic water shots. and yes Matt, I was amazed at the camera/long lens motor drives that sounded like machine guns. I kept thinking .." do they know the editing work they are making for themselved"!!!!

Matt I especially like your third image down on your last series....this is one I wish I'd taken!! well seen and love the color and out of focus areas.
Eleanor

Status
Not open for further replies.