Site Sponsors
Page 118 of 295 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,900 of 14720

Thread: Fun w/Digital M Images

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Fun w/Digital M Images

Andrew, Patrick, Matt. Thank you all very much.

Andrew, this is from on the Eastern side of Morocco. Jumping distance from across Costa Del Sol in Spain or Gibraltar.

Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like

"Last one" from the Monument Valley. It took time to process it the way I really want. I'm pretty that this is with the 85/2 ZM. Ashwin, don't sell the lens, you will regret it! :-) (honestly, I like this lens better than the 90/2 AA)

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The cat had center stage...

Between Friends
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

A typical Rayyan stunner! Wow!

Best,

Osman

Post Thanks / Like

This is a gorgeous photo!

Peter

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post

Best,

Osman
    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    This is a gorgeous photo!

Peter
    Osman, Peter.

Thank you both very much. Much appreciated.

Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, I love goats and cats... that cat on the left is so cute 8D And who DOESN'T want a goat?

David, I never knew eclipses made cool shadows! I've never seen an eclipse before... cool! Nice catch

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite sure how I felt about the day, started off kind of strange, though ended off decently. Nothing great, nothing horrible... got a new pair of headphones though! Really bassy, not quite crisp enough though.

I think part of the reason why I didn't have a great day was that I didn't take a photo that I absolutely loved today. To be honest, I haven't really taken one that I fell in love with for a while... since that photo of Ernesto. I miss being able to use a viewfinder, talking to my subjects, and feeling like I'm doing something more than just pushing a button. I miss knowing my subjects. It didn't matter if they lied to me, if they tricked me, or wronged me, at least they had a story. I feel like all I'm doing now is observing from the outside. such a technique really works for some, and many have mastered it, many produce great work with it, but it's not me!

Despite my complaining, I photographed anyway (very Aeneas, right, Hillary?)... here's what I got from today!

I saw this kid skipping happily down the street Had to catch it

The lady was really fidgetty... looked really nervous. There was just something about her and this moment that I had to capture, even though it's mundane.

This man kept talking really loudly. There were two other men of his age walking with him, so I thought he was talking with his friends. Though, once the men walked ahead and disappeared, he kept talking...

I got a little bored of shooting from the hip, so I decided to try experimenting with long exposures! One was taken while going down an escalator, and another while walking through a mall It's kinda fun! I could definitely see a possible series of photos taken with long exposures... maybe just to capture the hustle and bustle of the city. My sensor is also kinda dirty.
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick, great shots, I agree, I cant just take shots on the street without knowing their backstory or even their names! Iprefer to have a connection to the subjects.

I like your long exposures, BUT.............. it looks like you need to clean your sensor

Rayyan, that cat shot is cool, and I dont even like cats!

Richard: Monument valley is monumental! nicely seen

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I am ridiculously behind on this thread. On the upside, as I go through them this morning I am simply blown away by the quality of the images here!

Commenting on what I'd missed clear back from page 116:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    Matt, these are all really great. Super processing. Love the 'don't even think about....' sign in the first!

Mike
    Plus 1 to both!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    After playing with the MM files... I still have B/W on my mind...
    Very kewl shot, David. And yes, I think you're busted by the bubbles!

Great pics as usual! Some mouth-watering, some over-whelming...
    Always takes courage to post in this thread. I'll chip in with a recent take from the Chora Museum, Istanbul. M8 with 21mm Super-Elmar-M.
    Best,
    Osman
    Beautiful detail, Osman. Spot on color too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Clennan View Post
    I don't usually do pano's but here is a hand held one with 28 Elmarit asph...
    Those badlands are impressive, Gary, and I pano works really well to present it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gough View Post
    Still on the Hong Kong Theme

Andrew
    Holy cow, Andrew! What a set!

Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    Gah! spent too much time reading Monochrom reviews

I was at an auction on friday and next door they have an outdoor railway museum, so I popped out with the kids and took some snaps in the harsh sunlight , bad time to take shots? Not when i was looking for tones and shadows! heheh so I can safely say that I can get by with the older M8 instead of a Monochrom.......................................fo r now :P
    I love old trains. Great set (and really excellent monochrome), Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCheung View Post

I had an interesting day yesterday! I visited my grandpa's grave... thingy (on my mother's side). Chinese visitation traditions are very interesting. Due to the lack of space in Hong Kong, people rent/buy little shelves in funeral homes to store Urns. There's a name on the Urn, a photo of the person, and any gifts that people bring. My Grandpa had a can of Tsing Tao beer beside his urn. We offer them food (oranges and buns), burn incense, say prayers, and offer them paper money/clothes by burning them.

My aunt took us around yesterday. She's the coolest aunt, she knows exactly what I like in Hong Kong. "Don't waste your time going to the new places and eating new food, you really want to be in the old places eating Hong Kong food." The funeral home was located in a rather old district, really cool. We ate at a restaurant that's been there for over 40 years, with most of their original wall tiles intact.

On a side note, the Zeiss 28 is an amazing chunk of glass!
    Loving you shots from HK, Patrick. And I agree with Ashwin, your processing skills are improving and are quite excellent now.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Okay, a few more from me...M9 and SLR Magic Hyperprime T0.95 on Leica M9....
    Sheesh, Ashwin. Is there no mercy? Love what you're doing with that 'Magic'!

Post Thanks / Like

No way of catching! But amazing images everyone
    Patrick, loving your great shots and journey!
    Charles, great frame shot of the young base baller
    Ashwin, amazing series with the SLR Magic
    Hillary, really nice set from Vancouver!
    Matt, very nice from the "Pike Place" marker, and awesome shots from India
    Ajay, wonderful set and PP'ing!!!
    Lloyd, beautiful capture with the 90 Elmarit
    Mike, excellent capture of the "entertainer
    Gary, love the first shot!
    Rayyan, fantastic colour shots and PP'ing. Your shots always amaze me
    Richard, congrats!!
    If I have missed anyone I hopelessly behind!

Shots from Tainan streets in Taiwan. Here on business, and had a brief opportunity to walk the older part of Tainan, testing out my newly acquired 50 Nocti f/1.0 IV.

Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    "Last one" from the Monument Valley. It took time to process it the way I really want. I'm pretty that this is with the 85/2 ZM. Ashwin, don't sell the lens, you will regret it! :-) (honestly, I like this lens better than the 90/2 AA)

Richard, I keep coming back to this image ... it's unsettling me a little lol!

I'm seeing a purple flare spot to the right and what looks like mist in the middle and backgrounds? Not sure if this is mist, or the result of clarity adjustments? My goodness this is a tough case for correct exposure! Love the foreground

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post

Great series Charles. These two stand out for me. The second is such a classic

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Red & White:

Regards

Mike
    http://mikewoods.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Great series Charles. These two stand out for me. The second is such a classic

Mike
    Huge plus 1 from me. And I LOVE your processing on these.

Red & White:

Regards

Mike
    You've done it again, Mike. Nicely seen and captured.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lovely series with the notci, Charles. I love how your portraits always make the subjects seem very dignified. I hope you had good food in Tainan, especially those little cups of noodles.
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mAlKhamis View Post
    Lloyd, such an inspiring RF the Monochrome, and i can see that with your magnificent shots ! well done love them all. cheers!
    Thank you, Mohammad. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hillary.hc.chang View Post
    so i dont check this thread for a good few days and i'm already like 3 pages behind :O so much beautiful work! this thread is always so inspiring.

i've been in such a rut with photography within the past week.. just couldn't bring myself to take photos for the past few days. but i finally picked up my camera yesterday and went down to granville island (super tourist location in vancouver but still one of my favourite places) and snapped a few before my battery died not particularly happy with them.. but they're not horrible for being a few days rusty too :/

in other news.. i've contracted a horrible case of GAS which doesn't appear to be going away xD so i recently acquired a fed4 with an industar 61 50/2.8, and as of today a rolleicord III so i experimented with the industar 61 on my RD-1 yesterday.
    Wow. Hillary, your images just get better and better. Congrats on the new glass!

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    The Pike Place Market, again.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Really liking the rendering of that 21, Matt. Nice set.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Nomad View Post
    So many incredible shots from everyone ... got me inspired to try my hand at B&W.

Loved the first few months with the M8 that I took the plunge and sold her so I could picked up an M9 ... still a lot to learn ... guess I just need to keep shooting ... how rough life can be at times ;-)

Thanks for the inspiration,

Alejandro
    Congrats on the M9, Alejandro. And on the nice set. (Nice glow to these as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by ajayc View Post
    Howdy folks.
    Long time lurker around these parts, but barely shared any images. Some of you are familiar from the FM Leica thread. Thought I would share a few images from the last few months. Constructive feedback is most welcome. Hope to contribute more here.
    Wow! What a terrific set of images!! Thanks for posting.

Rayyan: The shot with the lamps is gorgeous to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Clennan View Post
    What a view Lloyd! Last few from the Badlands...
    Thank you Gary. Love that top shot. Almost an abstract. Looks like the Badlands turn out bad for that snake!

Thanks Matt As they say, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about....

To give you some context, over the past 2 days I've spent approx 11 hours walking, standing, watching and waiting .... I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow for a rest

Regards

Mike
    We're the beneficiaries of your sacrifice, Mike. Always admire your work.

Not far from here lies a very big city. We are in the Rif mountains. Berber country, Morocco.

A young man of 21 years, from the Berber Tribe, would leave his home and go on a journey.

His journey would last 30 years. When he would return, his father, mother, most of his family and friends would have been dead. The Black Plague was sweeping these parts from Europe.

The year is 1325. The young man would dictate his journey in a travel memoir, which would be more famously and erroneously known as the ' Rihla ' or the ' Journey'.

This man would have travelled 120,000 kms..on foot, on mules, camels and horses. He would have travelled to the furthest corners of China.
    His journey would be unmatched till the advent of the steam engine.

The young man came from Tangiers or Tanja, as I know it. He would be known in the west as Ibn Batutta. The traveller.

p.s Those who have visited Dubai would have surely visited the Ibn Batutta Mall. The largest shopping arcade in the world. Named in honor of the traveller from Morocco.
    Beautiful shot, Rayyan. BTW, your earlier mention of Ibn Batutta cost me a number of hours reading about him in the Internet. My gain... thank you.

Well, I have to blow my horn a little bit more. This image just won the 2nd place in Soho Gallery (NYC)'s National Competition!

Woohooooo!!!
    Woohoooooo!!! Indeed. Well, done; great shot and congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Mysore, India, Devaraja Market:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Another beautiful set of images, Matt. Love the goats!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    On this day of the eclipse, we went to a small sculpture garden that didn't have much sculptures :-/ Maybe they're leaving room for more in the future. Anyway, had some fun:

Oh, did I mention there was a solar eclipse? I didn't get a good shot of the sun, but caught some interesting shadows. Reminds me of what someone said about shooting sunsets -- turn around!
    Great set, David. Very cool shot of the eclipse shadows too.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Best,

Osman
    Exactly! Just as Osman says!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice one Richard.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Drove up a local canyon early last Saturday so Mimi could meet some friends for a training run. The were heading up in to the mountains, starting at a trailhead right by the road. I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took a walk on a different trail, which follows an old pipeline, which took water to a gristmill a century ago. Fortunately for me, and my still-recovering knee, the trail is fairly level, while the canyon falls away quickly.

All the the M8, 28 Cron:

The road up the canyon:

Along the trail:

Looking down into the canyon:
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, I keep coming back to this image ... it's unsettling me a little lol!

I'm seeing a purple flare spot to the right and what looks like mist in the middle and backgrounds? Not sure if this is mist, or the result of clarity adjustments? My goodness this is a tough case for correct exposure! Love the foreground

Mike
    Thanks Mike (and Lloyd and others who commented..)

The purple is from the Sun flare. Since this is from a 3-shot handheld HDR, one shot flares badly. I sort of like it as this almost looks like a digital painting. May be I will add a "Mothgership" or something :-)

As for the unsettling aspect, I think I know what you mean ;-P

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Richard. Given the current market, I am holding off. I was torn about selling it in the first place, given its unique rendering and lovely OOF. I think the ZM 85 is the perfect portrait lens, but you are demonstrating what a wonderful lens it is in compressing landscapes, including the breadth of its tonal rendition. I'm very impressed.

Keep up the great work, Richard! And Kudos on all of the awards!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what colors you have seen, Rayyan. Great images.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Lloyd;420180]Drove up a local canyon early last Saturday so Mimi could meet some friends for a training run. The were heading up in to the mountains, starting at a trailhead right by the road. I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took a walk on a different trail, which follows an old pipeline, which took water to a gristmill a century ago. Fortunately for me, and my still-recovering knee, the trail is fairly level, while the canyon falls away quickly.

All the the M8, 28 Cron:

QUOTE]

then knee hasn't stop you, I see, Lloyd. Wonderful varied greens...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks CHarles. Great images. Saw some of these on FB, but this image really grabbed me this time around. You have a special touch with people photography. Wonderful work, my friend!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCheung View Post

Great shots. Love the kinetic energy. If you want to try some stellar headphones, a couple of recs for you, Patrick (for wonderful highs, clean base, and awesome midtones):

Beyerdynamic DT1350's
    Audez'e LCD-2's (for home use only)

Ashwin
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ashwinrao1;420210]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Drove up a local canyon early last Saturday so Mimi could meet some friends for a training run. The were heading up in to the mountains, starting at a trailhead right by the road. I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took a walk on a different trail, which follows an old pipeline, which took water to a gristmill a century ago. Fortunately for me, and my still-recovering knee, the trail is fairly level, while the canyon falls away quickly.

All the the M8, 28 Cron:

/QUOTE]

then knee hasn't stop you, I see, Lloyd. Wonderful varied greens...

Thanks Ashwin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I tried the M for about a year, I couldn't get used to the rangefinder. I posted a few of my favorite images on the blog.
    Last edited by aboudd; 5th August 2012 at 15:56.
    On-line portfolio
    www.abouddweck.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Lloyd, David and Ashwin, thank you very much
    Mike, love the red and white capture!
    Lloyd, wonderful scenes, very nice shots!

Some more shots from Tainan, with the 50 Nocti and 24 Lux

Charles Kalnins

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another weekend another kids birthday party!

here is my friend and his son, with his dad in teh background, 3 generations in 1 shot

the eldest son on a swing

and the 2 year old birthday boy spying some cake!

cya all !

Robert
    http://dude163.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Last images from Hong Kong.

Andrew
    Home page www.wyvernpix.com

http://www.wyvernpix.com/blog/ Leica Reviews at my Blog
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

rayyan, lovely image of the town! I like the blue door way with the cat too.

Richard, great shot with the masks, you deserved to win! the Monument valley shot is really cool, it looks like it took some work to get it to where you wanted it. I really like my Zm 85/2 as well!

Matt, your images bring back fond memories of India. I am hoping to go back one of these days. Easily one of my favourite countries to travel in. Love the colours!

David, the shadows on the wall is super, I did not know that this was possible with a partial eclipse, thank you for sharing!

Patrick do you speak cantonese? I have founf the people of Honk Kong very approachable for photo's, and I only speak english...

Charles, I commented on that other forum again

Lloyd, number three is really speaking to me, super image!

Robert nice family shots!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Last images from Hong Kong.

Andrew
    Killer set, Andrew. That third one is especially impressive.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd, wonderful scenes, very nice shots!

Thank you, Charles. Another terrific set. I love the textures in that first one, but as always, top notch top to bottom.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    Another weekend another kids birthday party!

here is my friend and his son, with his dad in teh background, 3 generations in 1 shot

cya all !

Robert
    Nice set, Robert. That "3 Generations" shot is a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

WAAAAAHHHHHHH. The images that have been posted while I was asleep are so amazing.

Charles, you're working wonders with that Nocti... I wish I could get myself one. You've also got the skill and eye to make that lens sing... great work!

Lloyd, amazing shots from the trail, the first and third are my favourite... that third one has a great sense of depth

Rob, is that friend the one that doesn't like Leica? His son's got the coolest chinese robes :P I used to ave a se when I was a kid! Great moments you've captured in those shots I'm sure he'd love prints!

Andrew, that HDR (i think) from the construction (infront of the IFC by the Ferry Harbour, am I right?) i my favourite Really nice colours!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patrick, no HDR, I used a polarizer and a grad on the M9! Took a bit of work but I managed to get everything under control. The 18mm is a super lens for that too BTW

Post Thanks / Like

re: Robe, they both have em, and they look cool, his Dad ( the blurry guy in the background) is from Hong Kong actually, I should show him some of yours and Andrews shots!

Post Thanks / Like

ohmygoodness you guys have done it again xD one day i'll sit down and comment on every photo that i've missed.. but for now i'll leave it as beautiful work from everyone (and yes patrick, very aeneas. i feel like i've been doing that a lot lately too...)

from what i remember from so many pages...
    Shirokuro: thanks it really does suck to be in a rut.. i tried taking my film camera(olympus xa) and shot with it for a couple days hopefully i'll finish a roll soon and get them developed. shooting with film helped me a lot with getting out of my rut unfortunately only out of my film rut and not so much my digital m rut..
    Mike: great sense of humour with the entertainer photo
    Richard: congrats! really cool photo too
    Charles: beautiful portraits with the 50/1 nocti. i love it when subjects look straight at the camera

I took this photo as a sidenote to Patrick's dimsum photo from hong kong - in vancouver in a dimsum place.. very different from old style dimsum :P no more carts rolling by shouting what they had, no people rushing carts to get the good food.. nope. we were given a sheet of paper with the menu on it, and we just had to fill out how many of what we wanted and it was brought to our table. dignified, quiet, and completely the other end of the spectrum from dimsum in hong kong. and god forbid - they even had english on their menu sheet o__o
    Flickr
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice shot's Andrew and I really like your PP "style".

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

XPro-1 with APO Telyt 135

And 1 more with a fuji lens lol
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! Just as Osman says!
    Wow, what colors you have seen, Rayyan. Great images.
    Lloyd, Ashwin, Andrew, Patrick..thank you all very much.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Along the trail:

Looking down into the canyon:
    Watch that knee pal!!. Beautiful lighting, different shades. Love it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Charles, a super set as usual. But this one is a standout amongst the supers.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Another winner set. More difficult to choose. The first for the gorgeous textures and colors; the other for its atmosphere.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

XPro-1 with APO Telyt 135

Ashwin, what a wonderful set. Ages since I have been to Seattle, but memories
    linger on. This one brings them back with a vengence!!

Best.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your comments. Always great to see such varied images here - never boring

Lloyd, impressive canyon shots, and love the balance between highlight and shadow. I saw a new 28 cron at a dealer's on Saturday but too rich for my blood I'm afraid....

Charles, more great work - last one is lovely.

Robert, nice set especially the 3 generations image.

Andrew another fine series. Wow, you're good Love this one:

Andrew
    Hilary, not familiar with dimsum but doesn't stop me enjoying the image!

Ash, beautiful! Difficult to pick a favourite.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew, I do speak cantonese! To be honest, I'm thinking it's the places I go to and my native look that makes it difficult for me to get photos. To a Hong Kong native, what does it matter that a foreigner has their photo? Unless the guy's an international criminal, it wouldn't affect them. Though, a chinese male in Hong Kong taking photos would be a little different. There's a certain paranoia here, as explained by my relatives, people think you're a photo journalist looking to exploit things. Especially since my family likes to hang out in Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po, where shadier things tend to happen. I have no trouble photographing people in the more developed and modern areas, especially places with a lot of foriegners. Maybe I'll try speaking to them in english next time I want to take a photo!

Ashwin, Seattle looks beautiful Though, I've always felt as if the Fuji's files look... almost TOO perfect. There's a certain... "vanilla-ness" to them, when compared to the M9 and especially the M8! That's not to say your work with the fuji is any less great than with the M9!

Hillary, when we work in Hong Kong someday, I'll take you to a legit Dim Sum place, if they're still around. There's only about 2 well known (safe) ones left... such a shame as their food was delicious. There's something about eating in such a hectic place that makes the food taste so much better! :P

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew, Lloyd, Patrick, Hilary, Rayyan and Mike, thank you guys
    Robert, wonderful family shots!
    Andrew, another great set of shots!!
    Hilary, nice shot from your Vancouver Dim Sum restaurant
    Ashwin, wonderful set with the X Pro1!!

Some more shots from Tainan streets. With the 50 Nocti and 24 Lux

Charles Kalnins

Post Thanks / Like