The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrice

Lloyd, Baudolino, Dan and Matt; thanks guys.

I take many bad photos Matt, I think you are being too kind :) My M9 has done about 20k actuations, if that is any indicator, but I certainly don't 'spray & pray'. In fact I've never had it (deliberately) on C mode.

Helge, great mood and tone to each of those images. I also like your black & white! I'm a huge fan of the out-of-camera JPEGS as well, if only they were a little sharper like the RAW's :\
Mike, well captured scene and entirely appropriate caption :)
Great PJ work Woz, excellently conveying the peaceful protest. Oh and I like your coworker portrait, I my coworkers (when I wasn't out on my own all day) suffered my photographic wrath on many occasions :D
Ashwin, jealous of your Egypt pics, I must say, however, that Karl Pilkington's "An Idiot Abroad" put me off visiting a bit.
Lovely simplicity in your shot Peter, it did turn out really interesting, thanks for sharing.

Here's a B&W conversion, also shot with the 50 Lux asph.

I think the girl did great considering it was her first time modelling on location.

seakayaker

went to the beach with my buddy hoping for a great sunset, but on the way there, the marine layer kicked in and the visibility was down to a few hundred feet all of a sudden. We kept on going anyways, thought this turned out pretty interesting! hope you guys like it!

lone shooter by ohitspetey, on Flickr

Peter, in my eyes this photograph is outstanding!

I love the tone, composition, scenery, flat wet sand with the reflection of the sole individual on the beach, water, fog, and mood!

I must confess I love the ocean and long walks on a beach and this photograph just grabs a soft spot in my heart!

seakayaker

Back to the street today, and a MUCH lower keeper rate :(

M8/35 'cron....I hate shopping:

Regards

Mike
Mike: street is something I am heading at soon.
Great moment :thumbup: I hope he didn't put a spell on you ;)
Love this Mike!!!
Wonderful, Mike! He looks like a character out of Dickens walking down a modern street.

--Peter

++++4!

Love this shot just a great street capture and I think Peter nailed it with the comment, "a character out of Dickens walking down a modern street."

seakayaker

Lloyd, Baudolino, Dan and Matt; thanks guys.

I take many bad photos Matt, . . . . .

Here's a B&W conversion, also shot with the 50 Lux asph.

I think the girl did great considering it was her first time modelling on location.

Your welcome Daniel and I think you are quite modest regarding your photography skills. You may take bad photos but I do not believe I have seen one yet on display.

I love your B&W photo, a beautiful shot!

seakayaker

Out an about last night and attended a reception for Students & Staff at the University of Washington. A committee was formed last spring with the goal to collect pieces of art to hang on the walls at the renovated Hall Health Primary Care Clinic. They selected 50 pieces of work and the opening was last evening.

. . . . . nothing much in the way of shots but I have not used the M9 much lately and wanted to contribute something to the thread.

Mark Shaw, Director of Health Promotion and Committee Chair responsible for the selection of 50 Pieces of Art to Hang in the Hall Health Primary Care Cllinic on the University of Washington Campus. Mark leads a tour of Artists, Photographers, Facilty, Professional Staff, Students, Family & Friends of the recently renovated facility with the new collection that was hung that day.

UW Photography Student Discussing Photograph Selected to Hang at Hall Health Primary Care Clinc ~ University of Washington.

Waiting Room Area.

M9 with Zeiss C Sonnar T* 50mm f1.5 ZM

dude163

A pal of mine ( who dislikes Leicas :p) asked me to take some Fall family photos for him, so of course I showed up with My M8 :) muahahaha

After I sent him some of the *proofs* he was " WOW!!"

this is his Wife , she wore a super bright white sweater , so converting this shot to B&W worked out a lot better IMO

here are the happy couple ( happy cos the 2 little kids were playing in a pile of leaves :p)

seakayaker

Dude, a couple of great portraits!

The B&W is my favorite, love the DOF, sharp edge and pop of the women in the photo against the bokeh! What lens?

peterc

thank you guys for the support :)
leaving tomorrow for Peru for a medical mission, hopefully will return with some stuff to share!

W

Wozza604

lol, thanks Daniel! I've got a whole album on facebook dedicated to my coworkers in the production office and on set. The poor people never seem me coming :)

Mike Woods

Has everyone moved to another forum? :roll eyes:

Anyway, I'll keep things ticking over. From today, M8/Zeiss 25mm - just trying some different processing techniques:

Regards

Mike

ashwinrao1

Hi Mike,
Great images, as usual. Way to keep the place afloat along with Wozza....life's gotten so busy with work, that photography has taken a bit of a back seat and will be so likely through the holidays.....after that, i'll be back full force....

ashwinrao1

Out an about last night and attended a reception for Students & Staff at the University of Washington. A committee was formed last spring with the goal to collect pieces of art to hang on the walls at the renovated Hall Health Primary Care Clinic. They selected 50 pieces of work and the opening was last evening.

. . . . . nothing much in the way of shots but I have not used the M9 much lately and wanted to contribute something to the thread.

Mark Shaw, Director of Health Promotion and Committee Chair responsible for the selection of 50 Pieces of Art to Hang in the Hall Health Primary Care Cllinic on the University of Washington Campus. Mark leads a tour of Artists, Photographers, Facilty, Professional Staff, Students, Family & Friends of the recently renovated facility with the new collection that was hung that day.

UW Photography Student Discussing Photograph Selected to Hang at Hall Health Primary Care Clinc ~ University of Washington.

Waiting Room Area.

M9 with Zeiss C Sonnar T* 50mm f1.5 ZM

Ha, that's where I work ! I serve on Mike's art committee but with work/sports commitments, I couldn't attend....I didn't realize that you'd be there, Dan!

dude163

I just didnt want to keep spamming the forum with pics of my Kids :)

here is the light from the sunset a few days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.