Site Sponsors
Page 137 of 295 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,850 of 14717

Thread: Fun w/Digital M Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

re: Fun w/Digital M Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Beautiful shots, beautiful child. Huge congratulations!
    Thanks Lloyd! We're on cloud 9, but the mom and dad are in a fog from sleep deprivation ;-)
    Best,
    Bob

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rga View Post
    My first grandchild, Leo, was born this Tuesday. Here are a couple of images I like, taken with the M9:

Daughter Zoe holds Baby Leo (M9 + Noctilux f/1) @ f/1

My wife with Baby Leo (M9 + 50 Summilux ASPH) @ f/1.4

Best,
    Bob
    Congratulations and great emotional images.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Many great shots in the past few days!

First off, congratulations, Rob! Enjoy the years to come with Leo
    And of course, Happy belated, David! Enjoy the 28! If I ever see the need to replace the Zeiss, I'd be happy to see what your opinions are on the 25 and 28!

These aren't much, but they're from a pretty interesting day. We had another Dim Sum brunch planned with Hillary's grandma and great grandma, a celebration for both Hillary's and her mother's birthday. Hillary's great grandma recognized me from the get-go! She smiled at me, then pointed at me, and gave me a thumbs up, and said "you're here!" Hillary's grandma and grandpa and I got into a rather nostalgic conversation about Hong Kong and Macau. Her grandparents and great grandma seem really really healthy Great grandma also recently got laser eye surgery so she had to wear sunglassses the entire time... Gangster Grandma!

A shot of Hillary's Sister

Grandpa, Grandma, Mother, and Gangsta Great Grandma

Hillary and I then went off to hang out with Hillary's ex-boyfriend 8D A stranger situation than it sounds, because I kinda... err... snatched Hillary from him. I had a thing for her when she was still dating Jonas, some stuff happened, people split, and people got together. Fun About 5 months after Hillary and I got together, Jonas called me up while we were both in Hong Kong. I thought I was going to get stabbed that night, but instead, we grabbed a few beers and hung out by the docks, exchanged apologies, and caught up. Funny thing is that he seems like me... but more of a romantic. Anyway, we explored downtown yesterday... walking across most of the Vancouver Sea Wall... a trek that took us around 3 hours :P I didn't get too many photos, Hillary did more photo taking. But here's what I got!

I took a photo of this family 'cause their baby kept making funny faces :P

And this man was kinda drunk. He saw the photographer pointing the camera in his direction and stumbled over to him, asking him if he took a photo of him. The photographer kept explaining that he was taking a photo of the buildings, but the drunk man wouldn't listen :P

I also met another stranger...

:P His name is Steve!

We were holding a large root beer we couldn't finish when Steve asked us for some change. I literally had nothing in my wallet except bank cards and ID, so I asked him if he'd like a drink instead. He said he was really thirsty, so I gave it to him.

I asked him for a photo, 'cause I wanted a photo of all the people I met here in Vancouver :P

"Alright, it normally costs two dollars, but since you gave me the drink..." he said, then posed.

He asked me where I'm from, and what I was doing here, so I told himI was from Toronto, here to visit my girlfriend. He told me to "make a left up there, and keep walking," because "that's where all the cool things are, that's where Gastown is."

He bid us farewell, and we made our way to Gastown.

After dinner, Hillary and I went to Jericho Beach to watch the final fireworks show for the Festival of Lights. The festival of lights was actually held at English Bay, all the way across the inlet from Jericho Beach, but English Bay is always super crowded. Jericho Beach has a clear view of the fire works barge! You kinda lack the music that goes along with it... but you could always tune into the radio station broadcasting it. Sadly... nobody on the beach had a radio. We didn't bother bringing cameras either... we figured couldn't get a good shot anyway. Though we did meet some people who DID get good shots of it.

We sat next to three dudes with two cameras each, mounted on tripods with big big big telephoto lenses mounted. One guy had a 300mm or 600mm Canon telephoto :P Instead of getting annoyed like I used to... I took Rob's advice and talked to them. I asked them if they were part of a photo club, but they told me they were just three friends who loved photography. I observed them timing exposures with external meters, controlling exposure with black cards, and setting up their lenses for the perfect view. At that point, I felt horribly silly for what I wrote a few posts back. I asked one of them for their contact info, I wanted to see their photos :P I checked this morning, and they were beautiful. If I get his permission to share with you guys, I would!
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh so controversial, but the lens still takes some nice shots...here with the XP-1 and Hawks M adapter to get even closer....harsh midday sun...

Plus a couple from the M9...

Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Kewl shots, Ashwin. Which "controversial" lens is this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm going to guess SLR magic 50/0.95 ?
    blog
    steve

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    I'm going to guess SLR magic 50/0.95 ?
    Bingo....

Thankfully my lens has behaved, both optically and mechanically...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Elmarit 135

http://dude163.blogspot.com/
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

NIce, Rob. I'm impressed with how you handle that lens. Tough with framelines the size of the focus patch!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, its a bear to use but when it works..............

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    Thanks, its a bear to use but when it works..............
    Indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't thrown anything up here in a lonnnng time! Work and life getting in the way of my fun! But a trip to the state fair today...

Respect My Authority!

Beer at 10AM...with hair like that, who am I to argue

Stylin'

Moo!

Show in Progress

My Daughter, Elise. Cows are bigger then whippets, MUCH bigger
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason!! Great to see you around these here parts!

Nice set. Love the cow, but that shot of your daughter is priceless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

L9994592 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

L9994633 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

L9994644 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous set, Gary. Vancouver?

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could own that SLR Magic, Ashwin! Cool photos

Rob, I saw the cast photo on flickr! Did someone paint that on afterwards, or are casts nowadays just awesome? And how on earth did he break both his arms?!

I really like the way the last shot pops, Gary :P Pretty cool!

I asked the photographer from last night if I could share his firework photos with you guys, and he said sure :P The fireworks were beautiful... the first three photos of his blog were from the fireworks shows throughout the past week Mike Mander's Photo & Imaging Blog

I didn't do too much today... but I guess I'll post anyway!

Been playing around with the high ISO settings on the M8... as long as I get a nice exposure, the high ISO is perfectly usable. If it's underexposed... it begins to band

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff on this page! Patrick - I always enjoy your stuff. Ashwin - I'm gear jealous. Jason, beautiful picture of your daughter. And I'm not sure who the photographer is, but the first post on this page, with the noctilux - wow. Awesome stuff.

I have a few images to post. I had an engagement shoot this Saturday at a beautiful vineyard. The problem was that they were only free from 1-3, so the light was sooooo harsh. I did my best...have I mentioned that I love black and white conversions from the M8? Well, yeah - I do! I'm shooting their wedding next weekend at a different vineyard - should be a blast!

Chris & Vanessa by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

Portfolio
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Patrick. Yes, High ISO on the M8 - expose well, and it seems to be ok. Also, I tended to get better results processing high ISO M8 shots in Capture One. I had a profile for that, but don't know if I still do after my hard drive crash last spring.

Michael: Beautiful set!! Excellent work in that harsh light. I shot a wedding last week... post ceremony formals at noon! I really struggled at times. BTW, enjoy the b/w from the M8. I love it as well, and I don't find that the M9 is quite as good. I guess Leica want us to buy the M9M.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lloyd...it sure was tough! Noon is just about the worst. I did my best. Luckily, the ceremony next week is at 6:30. Looking forward to some nice images in good light!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Gorgeous set, Gary. Vancouver?
    You bet Lloyd. West coast of Vancouver island.... Nice temperate rainforest.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCheung View Post
    ... Been playing around with the high ISO settings on the M8... as long as I get a nice exposure, the high ISO is perfectly usable. If it's underexposed... it begins to band ...
    Same can be said of a lot of camera/sensor behavior. Most of the problems I've seen people lamenting are due to poor exposure and misunderstanding how dynamic range vs sensitivity setting works.

As sensitivity goes up, DR is decreased. Keep that in mind when you set exposure and adjust blackpoint to suit, most banding and noise issues are reduced or eliminated.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael , that last B+W is fantastic, if I was that couple Id be very happy to have that on the wall in my house , especially 20 years from now!

Patrick : that guy was away at a gymnastics meeting and his father got a phone call that his son was injured during a trampoline routine. The kid himself doesnt remember as he went into shock, and he was in surgery for 4.5 hours to fix 2 broken humeruses ( upper arm bone)

When I said a Phone call, all the father has received is that one call and 3 emails from the coach , so now lawyers are involved , as to the cast, his dad is an artist so he did the casts for his son

I thought it was cool , but the kid doesnt seem to mind at all, and he had the accident only 3 weeks ago!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I'm new here but have been reviewing your artistry with awe. I have a lot to learn from looking at all of these pictures!
    I recently bought an M8 and a Nokton v2 lense. Really enjoying it. I'm using Lightroom 4 and SilverEffex, I'll post some pictures once I have some that are worthy!

Keep up the good work,
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to them Rich, welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey Rich - Welcome aboard! You will love the M8 - I know I do...

Post Thanks / Like

added a couple more from the shoot...

Portfolio
    Flickr
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Been away to the sin city for the weekend and missed a lot of great posts! I do have some photos to contribute, however It was extremely hot in the desert, 120F during the day, and 90F at night, so needless to say, I didn't leave the hotel much, so most shots are indoor, which was a bit challenging for the two f/2.8 lenses... never knew how good I had it with the 50'Lux. Also realized that I'm a terrible "street" shooter, because I actually try to avoid having people in my shots! Something to work on...

Well, here goes, hopefully something different from the normal Vegas shots...

So the 25mm Biogon performed extremely well, but truth be told, I'm struggling with the vertical distortion a bit. I'll post some from the 28mm Elmarit later.
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    Been away to the sin city for the weekend and missed a lot of great posts! I do have some photos to contribute, however It was extremely hot in the desert, 120F during the day, and 90F at night, so needless to say, I didn't leave the hotel much, so most shots are indoor, which was a bit challenging for the two f/2.8 lenses... never knew how good I had it with the 50'Lux. Also realized that I'm a terrible "street" shooter, because I actually try to avoid having people in my shots! Something to work on...

Well, here goes, hopefully something different from the normal Vegas shots...

So the 25mm Biogon performed extremely well, but truth be told, I'm struggling with the vertical distortion a bit. I'll post some from the 28mm Elmarit later.
    Nice set, David. I especially like that second shot.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM6 View Post
    added a couple more from the shoot...
    Excellent, Michael. Those first two in particular.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rich_ View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new here but have been reviewing your artistry with awe. I have a lot to learn from looking at all of these pictures!
    I recently bought an M8 and a Nokton v2 lense. Really enjoying it. I'm using Lightroom 4 and SilverEffex, I'll post some pictures once I have some that are worthy!

Keep up the good work,
    Rich
    Looking forward to them Rich, welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Clennan View Post
    Hey Rich - Welcome aboard! You will love the M8 - I know I do...
    Like they said, Rich. Welcome, and looking forward to your posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Vegas continued... We had dinner at the highly recommended buffet in "M" casino. Being about 15 miles off the strip, it had a bit more classy entrance lobby which doesn't try to convert people traffic into gamblers. Still have the biogon on at this time:

David Young
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

David - cool images. Very nice. I have the opposite problem...I have a hard time shooting without people in my frame!

Here's a couple of my lady from the weekend..

Our New Friend by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

This was quite a relief after shooting into the harsh summer sun all day....finally, some beautiful backlighting. The grass is so much richer, colors are so much more saturated. Skin tones are just lovely...I love the late summer sun.

Madelena by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr
    Portfolio
    Flickr
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Great light is important, but clearly, a beautiful subject is even more important.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Vegas continued... We had dinner at the highly recommended buffet in "M" casino. Being about 15 miles off the strip, it had a bit more classy entrance lobby which doesn't try to convert people traffic into gamblers. Still have the biogon on at this time:
    Looks like a nice place. Like the pix. I enjoy how that lens renders.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael those shots have the warm light that I really like , I have to confess I misread your post as " Here's a couple of my lady OF the weekend.."

Post Thanks / Like

sig284, Steve amazing captures from the subway, liked the first one !!

thanks Lloyd, indeed the 50 cron is just an amazing lens that forces you to produce stunning images, however i need your blessings, to be lucky and make some money for the Nocti my dream lens !!

Robert Adler, stunning set !, specially the first one !

Patrick, excellent set, and Hillary's sis looks amazing, great job, as for the second set the first two for you and hillary are stunning, cheers buddy !

Ashwin, interesting experiment with nice results with the hyperprime lens, just wondering if its worth the money or save and wait for the Nocti !?

Jason, Lovely set from the state fair, liked the show in progress one, nice job !

Gary, Beautiful set ! specially the 1st one, well done !

Michael, beautiful set for stunning couple, as well as the moment of your lady, well done !

David, excellent sets from the Sin city, well done !
    Mohammad Al-Khamis

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of luck with weather, on a sailing cruise (an actually sailing clipper ship.) not a perspective of the SOL that you would get unless you were on your way to Ellis Island!

This is with 135 tri-elmar I think. Nice lens and in focus!

Also caught one of the flybys...tell me I am wrong or is that a Ford trimotor? [NOT :-) ]
    It circled the SOL several times (and didn't get shot down...I was ready for the F15's LOL)

I needed to 'lift' the underwing, but boy, the M9 has tolerably good DR.

Regards
    Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Kewl shots, Victor. You're right about the perspective. Excellent all around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Finally, some shots with the 28mm Elmarit ASPH...

and this one, taken while driving home...
    David Young

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing around with the M8 and the Nocti f1.0.

Is that your nose or mine?

Love light?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, some shots with the 28mm Elmarit ASPH...
    Wow! Gorgeous images, David. That last one especially is a real winner!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hehe, thanks LLoyd... I guess sometimes you just have to be lucky.

I don't know if it's my monitor or the chrome browser, but I'm seeing some weird artifacts on your two image above... especially on the 1st one, looks like she had hairy stubbles on her legs
    David Young

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd

Nice catches...modern life!

When I see images like these, the splash you hear is for the tear I shed for the f1 Noct I sold. I swear it has a character (for me) even better than the .95.

BTW what ISO?

Regards
    Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. These were f1.0 at ISO 320.

I agree with you Victor. Overall, I prefer the 1.0.

Post Thanks / Like

That three engined plane is a Junkers 52 ,the trimotor has a high wing

Post Thanks / Like

How about a 1969 Chevrolet Corvair convertible?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Which lens?

Post Thanks / Like

The old standby , 1964 rigid cron 50

1st shot f2 for dof
    2nd f4 for detail
    I find the cron is incredibly sharp stepped down just 1 or 2 stops , great lens

Post Thanks / Like

That three engined plane is a Junkers 52 ,the trimotor has a high wing
    Yes, about '39 built.

This is the "Rimowa" plane used for luggage promotions and was at the tail of a US tour. I had no idea about it and just thought it was a tour plane from Tetterborough! I looked up..Googling works somethimes.

Look it up...interesting history; left from Koeln and did a 4-hop over the Atlantic.

But panes are another forum I nwas lucky enough that infinity focus casught the plane.

regards
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

How about a 1969 Chevrolet Corvair convertible?

Hmmm about 30 years younger than the Yunkers. You can tell that from the "jet" exhausts.

Victor