Site Sponsors
Page 139 of 295 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,950 of 14716

Thread: Fun w/Digital M Images

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

re: Fun w/Digital M Images

Mysore and Bangalore, India, Jan. 2012.

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/4000s; ISO 640

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/1500s; ISO 400

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/1500s; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/90s; ISO 400

M9; 75mm f/2.5; 1/1000s; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff, Matt! The last is my favourite!

Haven't been shooting too much lately... past week was kinda rough. It was a long weekend so we got Monday off, which we spent lying around the house :P Hillary and I had work on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I didn't get much time to take photos.

We went out on Thursday, met up with her childhood friend that she knew since the first grade for lunch. She was rather nice, a very kind, innocent girl. Apparently they used to look like twins... but now, not so much! We got into a small little argument after lunch... which kind of lasted through till Friday morning. I felt horrible, 'cause Hillary looked really sad the entire day, and I didn't mean to make her feel that way. It's a long story, but I was trying to help her, but kind of did it the wrong way, which upset her. I don't think I ever want to see her that sad again. It got me feeling a little insecure the next morning, so we had a small, intense fight after breakfast that re-affirmed our feelings for each other and kind of made us realize how much we mean to each other. In hindsight, the whole fiasco was a little silly... but it was due time for a fight (been 6 months without one!)

Anyway, we got called back to work on friday, so we made up and went to work as the awesome happy couple we normally are :P We were asked to help translate for a client who spoke fluent Mandarin, but slightly broken english. It's a nice feeling, knowing that you're working in a field you want to work in and making a difference in the firm you're working for, all at the ripe age of 19

We left after the meeting concluded, and headed to the beach. Vancouver beaches are absolutely beautiful. All you see is ocean water and mountains We stayed at the beach for about 2 hours, then decided to take a walk around the coast of Vancouver. Our 2 hour long journey took us through a dog park, another beach, and... most interestingly of all, a nude beach.

The nude beach was an interesting experience... It's strange but kinda cool how comfortable some people are with their nudity. We had men sitting legs wide spread, women lying fully nude on the sand, and even groups of friends barbecuing in the nude (which... I feel is a bad idea). On a whim, Hillary and I decided to give it a whirl, just to see what it's like. I never thought I'd ever find myself naked in public... and I definitely never thought I'd enjoy it. It was an extremely liberating experience... and it was surprisingly comfy.

We lay there on the beach, in the nude, chatting away. Another nude man comes over and asks if he could join us. His name is... Alex, I believe? Either way, he began hitting on Hillary. "You have very nice eyes, Hillary. They blend very nicely with your hair." :P 'twas interesting.

Before the nude beach...

At the nude beach...

We headed home at around 5. Hillary's family has a membership at some fitness club, so we decided to make use of it. We swam for a bit, relaxed in the hot tub, suffocated in the sauna, and wrapped it all up with a bucket of the best yam fries I've ever had

We hung out in the kitchen with the rest of the family at home... when something rather unpleasant happened. Hillary put her face a little too close to the dog when she was playing with her, and the dog gave her a nasty bite on the lip. We drove her to the hospital to see if she needed any shots or special treatment, and luckily she didnt. :\ Sadly, Hillary did get a little shocked by the bite, which kind of sent her into an emotional downward spiral through the night. We didn't get much sleep through the night. She's much better today though

I guess the past two days have been kind of hectic for Hillary and I. Though, despite all the bad stuff that happened, I'm really thankful for them. The silly little fight we got into hurt, but it also gave us an opportunity to know each other better Plus... my Yashica T4 came in the mail on Thursday. Test shots up tomorrow. Though, they aren't the happiest of test shots... they were all taken during the day we fought.
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

M9 with 35 mm Perer triplet.

woody
    Woody's twitter feed
    Woody's daily photo blog
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Same

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Really incredible stuff this week.. spanning the globe :-)

dude - a great shot to revisit, thanks for sharing your find!
    Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    dude - sweet ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    Hoser - lovely environmental shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosermage View Post
    Matt - Liked this pp/crop best of the set, thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Stephen - Really great portrait
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPatterson View Post
    Ash - my faves from the set, great pp as always.. textural!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post

Andrew - Loved the contrast/sharpness of these two, my faves of your recent sets
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gough View Post

Charles - Fantastic portrait as always, you set the bar high!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post
    blog
    steve
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Patrick, how did you respond when the man was hitting on your gf right in front of you? I hope Hillary gets better soon. Thanks for sharing your story... a relationship will only strengthen after little fights like this.

Woody, was that a holy apparition?

We went out to check out the Perseid meteor shower last night (this morning), while we saw quite a few nice shooting stars, I was unable to capture them with the camera. Perhaps a low-light video camera is better suited. But in my futile attempts, did capture this:
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Post Thanks / Like

XD Very positively, david. Just had a little fun with it, decided to chat incessantly with him until we had to leave Hillary's gotten much much better since the bite! Thanks for the concern! And despite not being able to catch the meteors.. that's a beautiful shot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My wife is a part time fitness instructor on the side..
    A little photo shoot in the park..

m8 & 50lux v2 @ sunset

and the sunset
    blog
    steve

Post Thanks / Like

David, the trick with capturing meteors i found out the hard way , is to just keep taking 20 second exposures

It rained all weekend , so no Meteorites for us

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick, that nude beach looks like it would hurt! all those rocks stuck in soft bits!

Luckily Im a natural redhead and so is my wife so nudity is out of the question due to spontaneous combustion

Post Thanks / Like

And she looks... fit... for the job, Steve!

Not digital M, but these are from my test roll with the Yashica T4 super... and one from Hillary's FED 4 + my Canon 35/2

The Yashica is a great camera... but the seller failed to mention that there are two dead ants in the waistlevel finder... >:C

Shot this roll on the day we had a fight...

Before we had a fight, back in '94...

Post fight... just woken up from a nap :P

And I met a cool guy at the doctors office the same day... took this photo with the FED

This is Devon.

I noticed his wonderfully colouful Beatles tattoo and went over to ask him about it. He said that he was a big fan of the Beatles, and so was his dad. When his father passed away, he got a tattoo paying homage to him (the Harley logo has his name and years on it), and a tattoo of the Yellow Submarine to go along with it. Really sweet

My Flickr

100 Strangers Project
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

:P Rob, it was surprisingly comfortable! Rocks aren't as pokey as you'd think they'd be... but I did get rather unlucky and land my bum right on a pokey rock! Nude beaches aren't something I plan on going back to... but hey, maybe we'll feel spontaneous again someday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

L9994855 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

L9994842 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

L9994551 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely shots, Patrick....you and Hillary seem to have that one-in-a lifetime chemistry, and that's special.

Steve, your wife is fit as a fiddle...impressive...

Matt, fantastic India caps! I love seeing the re-visits...

David, Exceptional pic of the night sky.

Garly, lovely shot of the kids and the rock...love the tones

Charles, your string of fab portraits rings true and hits home again...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Another Nocti @ f.95

woody
    Woody's twitter feed
    Woody's daily photo blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ditto with .9 ND filter/

woody
    Woody's twitter feed
    Woody's daily photo blog
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Steve and Ashwin, many thanks
    Matt, great set from Bangalore
    Patrick, very nice captures! Really nice artful nude portrait.
    David, beautiful night time shot!
    Steve, love the sequence of captures of your wife!!
    Gary, lovely captures! Particularly #2
    Woody, working magic with the 50 Nocti 0.95.

Shots from Bangkok with the 50 Nocti f/1.0

Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

So, Charles, when is your book of portraits coming out?

Mike
    http://mikewoods.zenfolio.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Family BBQ this weekend , some cron 50 shots incoming, first , a sunset

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Im slowly trying to learn how to use flash, for 2 reasons
    1: I dont have a f1.4 lens
    2: Higher ISO on the M8 isnt too bad, just not its forte
    2a : plus I have a nice flash I paid 30 bucks for

so without any further ado, some cron 50 shots using the flash and a homemade snoot

my niece and her tude

my 2nd cousin-in-laws wife ( close relation lol!)

and with her 11 yr old daughter

and a shot that came out absolutely fantastic

they just told my 5 yr old she could have some chocolate cake , can she be any more excited? lol, I called this shot " Joy" its a bit out of focus etc blah blah,but I like it

http://dude163.blogspot.com/
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice pics Charles. That last shot reminds me so much of Bangkok...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm constantly blown away by the depth and quality of the images in this thread.

Now some new stuff from me. As some of you know, I'm new around here. I was shooting a Canon 5D Mark 2 for about a year before I switched out of total frustration. Digital - well, I suppose the Canon, really, just made photography seem cheap. Point, shoot, edit. I sort of felt like anyone could do what I was doing. So I switched to a system with soul. Or perhaps its a way of shooting that REQUIRES soul. Rangefinders. Leica. Manual. Manual focus, expose, aperture...thinking. Seeing.

I've enjoyed my experience quite a bit. I hadn't really planned on taking on any professional assignments for a while, but a wedding opportunity popped up. It just so happened to be at the breathtakingly beautiful Blenheim Vineyard outside of Charlottesville and owned by Dave Matthews's family. In fact, he was married in the little chapel on the property.

Anyway, I shot it on Saturday using one 35mm lens. Crazy? Maybe. Minimalist? Definitely. Fun? Yeah, it was. Scary, but fun.

I'm building a new site, and I'll include a link. If you click on 'weddings' you'll see my edits of the day. Here's a couple...

Here's my new site: Michael Hulcher
    Portfolio
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

:P Thanks Ashwin, hope we do

Woody, those nocti shots are great... both really good. The noctilux has a magical way of rendering things... and you definitely know how to make use of that.

Charles, great photos, I've always loved your work, especially the portraits. I was in an antique book store today, looking at a few photos from a book titled "Humanitas" (I think...) and thinking "wow, Charles can do this... but better".

Rob, looks like the BBQ was a lot of fun :P Flash is always a joy to play with. With my recent venture into point and shoots... direct flash has been growing on me...

Michael, one camera one lens takes a little getting used to, but I've found that it's the only way I shoot nowadays. I'll usually leave the house with a 28 or 35 (depends on whether I want surgical or dreamy photos) and a 50 in my bag... Though I'll never switch more than once... and I only switch early on in the day after I realize I wanted something else. What you said about the Canon, I had similar feelings with my Nikon... hence the switch. Though, I've come to realize it's not automation that makes photography feel cheap... I think I had my mind on all the wrong things when I was shooting with the DSLR. Flashy LEDs and crazy menus, the option of complex off camera flash set ups... that stuff took my attention away from what I was shooting. I've found myself enjoying my Yashica T4 over my M8 recently, because the simplicity of a point and shoot lets me focus purely on what's going on around me.

Speaking of which... another roll of T4 photos should be scanned and uploaded tomorrow or wednesday

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick - well said. I think you nailed it. It was having my mind on all the wrong things. Now I see. Think. Decide, and finally, expose. Before, my process was usually something like constant back button focus, feel self conscious in front of a model if the shutter wasn't constantly firing, maniacally checking exposure and shutter speed, forgetting which was the shutter and which was the aperture spinny-wheel thingy (and I'm 31, it's not like I'm some luddite) and generally not paying enough attention to what I should have been doing all along. I see what you mean about a point and shoot!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Jorgen, Gary, Ashwin and Patrick, thank you guys for the very kind comments
    Robert, nice impromptu captures with the new flash setup!!
    Michael, nice series of shots!
    Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

sense of emptiness and loneliness...

and maybe some hope to come...

M9, 35mm Summicron

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Love that last one esmallits! Looks like it's time to clean the sensor though....

Post Thanks / Like

A couple from my recent trip to Sri Lanka, shot with an M9P with a 35 cron IV and a 50 cron (E39)

At the Wallawwa boutique hotel, a very quaint, quiet and delightful little getaway in the heart of Colombo

Over in Galle, the Sun House, a truly rustic and romantic hotel just 5 minutes from the beach. Converted from a colonial house, this hotel has just 6 rooms. Stayed at the Cinnamon suite, a spacious and insanely comfortable suite

Over in Galle Fort, a European tourist watches as a track & field event is taking place in the London Olympics

At the spice market, minutes away from the Sun House, farmers sell their crop

A Hindu temple in Galle undergoing reconstruction and expansion

My images on 500px : http://500px.com/ghoonk
    H4D-40 | Xpan | Leica M9P | Leica M Monochrom | X100 | Hasselblad 500CM | 501CM | 503CXi

Post Thanks / Like

Ok last batch, this time I was experimenting with the Elmarit 135 on my M8 and a flash unit, so i was shooting from 2-3+ metres away , like a paparazzi

family Matriarch

uncle-in-law

Father-in-law

2nd cousin-in-law

I dunno why I made them all Black and White, I just thought they looked better that way
    http://dude163.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

L9995094 by Gary Clennan, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Here You are an album, taken with the M8 + 35 cron asph / 50 lux asph combo: Lisboa - a set on Flickr

a few ones:

L1031087-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1031077-Editar-2 por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1031040-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1030930-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1030979-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

In color:

L1030953-Editar-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1031006-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1031030-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1030986-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

L1031037-Editar por Bruno Gracia, en Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

M9 + 24mm Lux. Two frames stitched in PS.

Last edited by Woody Campbell; 15th August 2012 at 10:54.
    woody
    Woody's twitter feed
    Woody's daily photo blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Same spot

woody
    Woody's twitter feed
    Woody's daily photo blog

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the road, and am way behind in commenting. I will say that, as usual, the stuff on the thread is terrific across the board.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I've been on the road, and am way behind in commenting...
    Like that like button...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I've been on the road, and am way behind in commenting. I will say that, as usual, the stuff on the thread is terrific across the board.
    +1 and I'll add its always a welcome diversion after a busy day (whether on the road or not), to be able to view such a diverse group of spectacular images from so many talented photographers.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    +1 and I'll add its always a welcome diversion after a busy day (whether on the road or not), to be able to view such a diverse group of spectacular images from so many talented photographers.

Dave (D&A)
    +2. Sorry for not posting in a while, but enjoying the OM-D at the moment which seems well-suited to the tremendous British summer we're having

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

great work posted in the last day I loved the set from Sri Lanka, Ghoonk!

And the black and white portraits were also quite the treat, Bruno :P

I scanned a roll of photos from my T4 yesterday... wasn't too happy with it. Of my 36 exposures, I only kept about 7... I normally get more. Made me want to slow down a bit and stop rushing. Hillary always said I "ate film" :P Point and Shoot doesn't necessarily mean Point and Shoot! Anyway.

This roll spans about two days... On saturday, we were treated with a surprise visit from Paige's (Hillary's sister) ex-boyfriend from LA :P We took him out for Dim Sum the next morning, though he was feeling a little hung over from the party Paige threw them the night before....

Photography has this great power to distort the truth... that's something I've noticed after viewing these photos. Garrett is rarely ever like this... I'll post a better photo of him when I get my next roll developed He's a really great guy, very kind. When we found out Paige and Garrett broke up, we were definitely rooting for them to get back together... and well They did. Happy weekend!

After dimsum, Hillary, Jean (Hillary's mom), and I went to the mall to get Hillary some new glasses... and of course, the girls did a little shopping too. The dress looked good on Hillary, but we didn't end up getting it

And the next few photos are from the day after I don't quite remember what we were up to.. but we ended up at Granville Island again.

Hillary and Ducky, my Duck-shaped Bag

We have so many of these photos...

Surprise

I think I'm rather beautiful... Hillary needs a little work though.

I find it kinda cool how the roll was split. Sunday was very... documentary style. Monday was more relaxed, free... kinda cool Not my best work, but I definitely like this roll.
    Last edited by PatrickCheung; 15th August 2012 at 17:26.
    My Flickr

100 Strangers Project

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Patrick,
    I'm enjoying your photos, but can I suggest your film photos might also belong in the 'More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M' thread? It doesn't get much traffic and would benefit from a little love....

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes yes, Thanks for the reminder Chris! I was linked there once, but I keep forgetting to post there I'll get my photos up there in the next post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick,

I absolutely adore your photo entitiled "Surprise" (above). At first glance, I wasn't sure who's arm was who (and where) and that hand holding up the half eaten cupcake is the icing on the cake....literally and figuratively . The spontinaity is also part of the mix that works on so many levels. Very nice indeed!

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, thanks Dave! We were hanging out at Granville Island, Hillary's favourite place in Vancouver. She walked infront of me for a bit and for some odd reason I just felt like doing.. THAT. So I did. The arms reaching out to the camera are mine

Post Thanks / Like

David - Great night shot. Recently started reading your blog and really enjoy it. I'm also in LA (Santa Monica) if you're ever interested in getting together for a drink or a photo walk.

Patrick - it's great to see your relationship and better half in front of and behind the camera.

Woody - I've really been enjoying your wide angle stitched images. Are you doing anything in particular when shooting/processing to eliminate distortion and line them up so well?

Ashwin - that pyramid shot is unbelievable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Matt, thanks very much! Next time I'm heading around your neighborhood, I'll be sure to let you know in advance!

While waiting for valet in Vegas, saw this nice couple on their way to get married. So I asked them for a photo and they agreed.
    David Young

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

another one to share...

David Young

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff, David. That last one in particular.

Post Thanks / Like

dive1 by anachronist1, on Flickr

dive2 by anachronist1, on Flickr

dive3 by anachronist1, on Flickr

dive4 by anachronist1, on Flickr

Leica M8 with C-Sonnar 50/1.5, at F4.