The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableguy55

Hi All
Thanks for the wonderful comments and the chance to share from this side of town
Cheers
My M8.2 is going to Solms for servicing for coffee ring stain and thus will be shooting with my M2 and Hassy instead

seakayaker

Matt, it looks like you are out night walking! . . . . . can't seam to put the 50/0.95 down! (not that I blame you)

Love both the swirly and soft bokeh, color and detail in the first shot which is my favorite of the two!

seakayaker

Ship & Roses ~ Seattle Waterfront Park

M9 with Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH

Kreielsheimer North Meadow at Olympic Sculpture Park ~ Seattle Waterfront

and

M9 with APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH

RF_Licks

Been on the road again all of last week. Plenty of catching up to do. Great shots all!
I'm too far behind to comment but some great shots all around from the our regulars: Lloyd, Ash, Dan, Shiro, Matt, Mohammed, Charles, Jono, and welcome back Elanor! :thumbs: Apologies if I missed some of you.

Ash, congrats on your show!

Thanks Matt, Michael (DoubleNegative), Jono, Dan, Ash, Lloyd, Mohammed, Charles, Steve for the kind words a few pages back :salute:

Joe: You must be sitting on the floor. Did you put a cup out? Great angle and pp. These remind me a bit of some of Sean Reid's photos. I keep coming back to this one. I like the complex way dynamic balance is achieved. Great pp on all. And, thanks.:thumbup:
Actually, I found a restaurant table with the perfect height, so I ordered some Maryland crab cake, had the camera propped on the table with the LCD screen off and fired away :p

As others have commented your travel shots at the airports are fantastic. The photograph of the wing from the seat is, for me, a work of art!

Were you using NIK Silver Efex Pro, HDR, or other software for the post processing?
Thanks once again Dan! Am making the most of opportunity to use the camera when on the road (air?). I used Nik SEP2 with the "structure" bumped up and some dodge and burn. No HDR.

Steve & Joe,
I am going to be back in the Boston area over the next couple of weeks visiting my daughter and newly arrived granddaughter. If you get a walkabout planned let me know and I will see if I can break free and join you for a couple of hours.
I'll be in town except for the coming July 4th weekend, so let me know, it will be great to hang out with both of you!!

------
Some pics on the way out for work last week. Thanks for looking :)

Joe

28Cron b'fast @ Legal's

50Lux ASPH

28Cron

35Lux ASPH @ the Pulitzer Prize photo exhibit, Newseum Washington DC

35Lux ASPH view out towards National Gallery

28Cron, Reagan National on Friday, can't wait to fly home to the family!

90Summarit

shtarka1

Ship & Roses ~ Seattle Waterfront Park

Kreielsheimer North Meadow at Olympic Sculpture Park ~ Seattle Waterfront

and

M9 with APO Summicron-M 75mm f2 ASPH

Dan, Smashing Color & Comps! Some "Heavy Artillery" Your Shooting With!;)

Braeside

David the gourds were nice but 'The Island of Symi' was outstanding! Love the detail, the colors, browns, yellows and the shades of blue! What a beautiful spot you must of felt like you were in heaven.
Yes Symi was amazing, I was told it was beautiful and photogenic (and hot), but I was still taken aback by it. Actually very hard to come away from there without a good shot or two! Well worth taking the boat trip from Rhodes if you ever get the chance.

shtarka1

Thanks Matt, Michael (DoubleNegative), Jono, Dan, Ash, Lloyd, Mohammed, Charles, Steve for the kind words a few pages back :salute:

Actually, I found a restaurant table with the perfect height, so I ordered some Maryland crab cake, had the camera propped on the table with the LCD screen off and fired away :p

I'll be in town except for the coming July 4th weekend, so let me know, it will be great to hang out with both of you!!

------
Some pics on the way out for work last week. Thanks for looking :)

Joe

50Lux ASPH

35Lux ASPH @ the Pulitzer Prize photo exhibit, Newseum Washington DC

28Cron, Reagan National on Friday, can't wait to fly home to the family!

90Summarit
Killer Set Joe! Lets Get The 3 Amigos Together & Have Some Fun!

shtarka1

Mike & Steve, thank you for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

'Love & Loss' Sculpture at Olympic Sculpture Park ~ Seattle Waterfront Park

Love the Entrance,Contrast & Moody Feel Dan!:salute:

Braeside

Thanks Steve.

This time it is the village of Lindos at Sunset, sorry for the central composition, I should have done better but the light was very transitory and didn't want to miss it having just run up to the top of the hill as the sun was setting behind the hills.

shtarka1

eleanorbrown

Whew! been traveling again...this time to Colorado..I'll catch up more later but for the time being thanks to Dan, Ashwin and Mark for your comments about my Arctic shots. Believe me, I was the only person on our national geographic ship that was using a Leica!!! Even took it on our kayak hoping it wouldn't get too splashed!! eleanor

eleanorbrown

Another thank you to Mike and MAIKHAMIS for you kind words on my Arctic Ocean shots...I hope I haven't left anyone out! This forum is veerrry busy!! I travel for a couple of days and check in and it's full of new images!! Eleanor

thrice

Daniel, One Could Hop, Skip & Jump Right Into This Idyllic Scene. Beautiful Shot!
Thanks Steve :) I am quite happy with the composition, I will have to return when tides are higher and skies are prettier!

Not too disappointing result though, what filters were you using?

This is taken on Rhodes at Kritinia Castle overlooking the Aegian.

I had a soft 2-stop Singh-Ray grad ND and a B+W Kaesemann linear polariser. Still wasn't quite enough to control the sky so I bracketed -1 stop for the sky. I have a 3 stop ND but I wasn't expecting to shoot this scene digital (I use bigger filters on my 4x5) but this was the backup. I used the 2-stop and the polariser for general scenes throughout the day (work).

Lovely location and composition for the shot at Kritinia Castle, beautiful blue ocean.

Daniel the simplicity of the sky goes well with the lower part of this image...I like! Eleanor
Thanks Eleanor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.