The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

edtan

Very kewl stuff, Ed. Thanks for sharing.

I always wanted to see this in person. When I was in grad school in San Francisco I was too anal about my studies and passed up a chance to go with friends to see the lunar new year celebrations in Chinatown. Then when I worked in New York I was traveling on business and missed it. My mother says we went once in Boston when I was young, but I don't have any memory of it. One of these years!!
Advice if you go: Bring Earplugs. My ears were ringing after the shoot.

edtan

Thank you very much every one for your much appreciated comments on my "Protea".
And especially for Ed Tan, here's a shot of my rig.

NB As for SA: I've worked and lived there for 6 months back in '83. Not sure if that still counts :D

All the very best.
Thanks Bart!

PatrickCheung

Man... I just got home from an intense few days...

It's about 12:47 AM right bout now. Just got back from the studio, project deadline today, with critiques to prepare for tomorrow. Worked for about 15 hours straight yesterday, only stopping because I got sick and fell into a fever and could barely walk.

But it's always nice to come home to some nice photos...

Ed, your photos of the lion dance brings back such nice childhood memories :]

Ashwin, Peter is part of the reason why I decided to pick up the 40/1.4 Sadly though, it seems like mine is backfocusing on my M8. I don't know if it's my rangefinder that's misaligned, or if it's the lens. My 35/2.5 focuses spot on with the M8 though.

Knorp, that's a crazy set up... I've been looking into a visoflex for the M8 though... would prove to be kinda interesting.

I'll post some more tomorrow... but now it's time to catch up on some rest :]

Godfrey

Door & Lines

Door & Lines - Mountain View 2012
Leica M9 + M-Rokkor 40mm f/2

Still just getting my feet wet with this lovely piece of camera machinery.

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

W

Wozza604

Here's a shot with the MS Optical Super Triplet Perar II 3.5/35... gawd that's a mouthful! The sky went all blotchy on me, another reminder of how important proper exposure is on the M9.

Mike Woods

Lloyd,
Excellent composition and beautiful country.:salute:
Indeed. That's lovely.

Godfrey - as I said on the other thread, many congrats. I remain jealous :) I like the image, and nicely presented.

Wozza - yes there's some blotchiness/noise even at screen level, but all that stuff is over-rated anyway :D

Mike

Mike Woods

Some recent landscape efforts with the M8, all with the Zeiss 25mm, except the last one which was with the 35 'cron:

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

Thank you Mike. And those are terrific. I really like the third shot, wonderful light, and the last one... Wow!

Mike Woods

Thanks guys, always appreciate your comments.

Is it me, or is quiet in here lately? Is everyone out shooting with the Nex7? :ROTFL:

Mike

(I'm waiting for more detail on the OM-D, but the Nex7 and new Fuji are interesting :))

Status
Not open for further replies.