The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, thank you:) Love the colours, texture and subtlety of tones. Curious as to which lens? I am fascinated by old machinery:)
Gary, very cool Playboy shot!!

Two more shots from the other evening with the 50 Lux:)

Thanks Charles - most were taken with the 50mm lux.

I'm fascinated by this stuff too - it was like a playground for me :D

Another terrific capture here :thumbs:

dude163

I entered this shot in a photo competition of my youngest holding her breath on the sleighride ( horses are smelly she says! ) and I won one of the 7 daily prizes :)

Godfrey

...I tried a half case, and found it worse (too fat as well). I think you just have to believe that you aren't going to drop the camera...
Maybe, maybe not. I ordered one of Luigi's reversed leather cases with a removable back door and no additional grip. If it works as well as the A&A half case I have on the M4-2, I'll be very happy with it.

Lovely shots Joe . . . I assume that Godfrey was wearing his speedos and socks?
Ahem.

Leica M9 + Skink Pinhole f/247

I made a bunch of exposures with the pinhole ... some are quite lovely (perhaps not this one...). But they take a lot of processing not least because such a small aperture exaggerates every minuscule speck of dust on the sensor. The Lightroom spotting tool really helps make laundering these images far easier.

More photos from this session anon ... I'm way too busy right now to do justice to the processing but I might have one more I will post in a few minutes.

Lloyd

Maybe, maybe not. I ordered one of Luigi's reversed leather cases with a removable back door and no additional grip. If it works as well as the A&A half case I have on the M4-2, I'll be very happy with it.

Ahem.

Leica M9 + Skink Pinhole f/247[/CENTER]

I made a bunch of exposures with the pinhole ... some are quite lovely (perhaps not this one...). But they take a lot of processing not least because such a small aperture exaggerates every minuscule speck of dust on the sensor. The Lightroom spotting tool really helps make laundering these images far easier.

More photos from this session anon ... I'm way too busy right now to do justice to the processing but I might have one more I will post in a few minutes.
Very kewl effect. You're on to something with that pinhole!

Godfrey

sent some of the large format shots i did over to

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/387425-post411.html

yea.. and it can be real difficult to focus (if the subject moves just a bit, the eyes are out)
Thanks! I fussed over the sharpening on this one as the first pass to a web-rez version really looked awful. It took a touch of this and a touch of that to restore the vividness of the full resolution image.

Love the "stockbridge machine company" photo. The other one seems somehow oddly flat in the mid tones.

Godfrey

Godfrey Nice pinhole with the result very clean so I wanted to see some sharpness wound into it to see what it can take, here is the result, hope you still like it.
Could almost have been done with a lens.
Yes, that cleaned up very nicely. Good job! A pinhole is a heck of a lot less expensive than a Leica lens ... '-)

However, please remove it from the website now. I don't like having modified versions of my photos distributed.

Thank you for your understanding.

rayyan

Yousaf. From the Berber tribe of Morocco.

I asked if I could take some pictures of him and his father. They agreed, but

the father did not want his on the web.

I told Yousaf he might find a girl for marraige on the web.

Essaouira, also known by the Berber name Tasroot, Morocco.

A UNESCO World Heritage Town.

A little more subdued look at this down, and what sunset might bring in terms of music and dinner. Music is a bit dated though.

http://www.tripfilms.com/Travel_Video-v69053-Essaouira-Essaouira_Morocco-Video.html

Status
Not open for further replies.