The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

retow

Re deer shots:
In case I'm wrong, I will apologize. However, as others said: they look surreal, American Museum of Natural History alike. The light sources alone suggest that the scenes were not live. Shadows from the animals on the ground, yet the lower parts (bellies, legs) of the animals brightly lit from an angle natural light would never come from in a forest. The animal with the broken antler does not look like one of the two involved in the fight. Deer Antler growth begins during the month of March or April. What we see here are animals in the September and later period of a year with fully developped antlers. So if they are from "yesterday" as per the poster, they are from a museum. And lastly, getting this close to fighting deer....... Maybe I just popped a party.

Mike Woods

Hmmm, well thank you for the mostly positive feedback.

These were indeed taken yesterday. This was not a mating rut which, as has been stated, is an autumnal event. Rather this seemed to be more of a hierarchical dispute - there were several throughout the day.

In terms of my proximity to the deer, this time of year wouldn't normally be particularly dangerous....this is a National Trust estate and they are pretty used to people. I have shot the rut here on numerous occasions, and then tend to be more cautious and keep a little more distant.

I'll post a couple more when I get chance to process them.

Apology accepted in advance.

Mike

retow

Hmmm, well thank you for the mostly positive feedback.

These were indeed taken yesterday. This was not a mating rut which, as has been stated, is an autumnal event. Rather this seemed to be more of a hierarchical dispute - there were several throughout the day.

In terms of my proximity to the deer, this time of year wouldn't normally be particularly dangerous....this is a National Trust estate and they are pretty used to people. I have shot the rut here on numerous occasions, and then tend to be more cautious and keep a little more distant.

I'll post a couple more when I get chance to process them.

Apology accepted in advance.

Mike
Mike, I herewith apologize. And thanks to accept my apology in advance.:)

Lloyd

Last of the Japanese Magnolia blossoms for this spring...
90-M Summarit f/2.5
Beautiful shot, Robert. We haven't seen any Spring yet, but we do have a few tulip and daffodil plants starting to peek through.

rga

Last one for awhile with the Nocti. Goes back to Leica NJ AGAIN! for back focus issues.
Lavender and swirly (as a friend called it):

Lloyd

Bitingly sharp, Gary. And a very kewl shot. Do you get any color distortion on the edges, and if so, what do you use to deal with it?

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd! This pic is pretty well straight out of camera. I did have a UV/IR filter on it though...
Ok, so you're on an M8? I shoot the M8 as well, and have seen excellent results with the zm18 on it, but some issues on the M9. I'm told CornerFix handles it well, but have never had a reason (or the camera/lens combination) to try.

So again, very nice image. Love to see more. :salute:

Lloyd

Last one for awhile with the Nocti. Goes back to Leica NJ AGAIN! for back focus issues.
Lavender and swirly (as a friend called it):
Another beauty Robert. Sorry about the issues with the lens; hope you have it back quickly (and fixed!).

ashwinrao1

The Tango, Buenos Aires-Style! (apologies for the technical quality of the files...I accidentally dialed up ISO a bit too high for some)...NEX7 and Leica glass (75 APO-cron and 35 FLE)

Mike Woods

A few more from this weekend. First, setting the scene with the cv 35 f/1.2, the rest with the Elmarit 90:

A friendly tussle, and yes it was very close....but I had no intention of moving at this stage :D

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

A few more from this weekend. First, setting the scene with the cv 35 f/1.2, the rest with the Elmarit 90:

A friendly tussle, and yes it was very close....but I had no intention of moving at this stage :D

Regards

Mike
These are brilliant Mike. Love that last one especially. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.