The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

That's darn cool.

At an exhibition I participated in a few years back, one of the guys did a body of work with this sort of aesthetic. His photos were some of the hottest sellers in the exhibition.

Lloyd

Hey Folks,
Posted this in a separate thread, but feel that it would be more appropriate in here:

So I was looking over my shots from a recent walk with my m9 and 50 lux asph, and came upon this strange shot. At first I thought it would be a throwaway, but then thought what the heck let's have some fun. Here's the before and after. What do you guys think!?!?
Very nice. I like them even better here! :thumbup:

MagicFM

In January I did not meet Rayyan in Marocco, now Matt was not to be seen in India (I love your shots)! What a shame! :mad:
I am in Toronto in about 4 weeks - who else will I miss??

Here some of my pictures from my first days in India, in Delhi. Hope you enjoy.

Regards
Frank

m_driscoll

In January I did not meet Rayyan in Marocco, now Matt was not to be seen in India (I love your shots)! What a shame! :mad:

Regards
Frank

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

MagicFM

Matt: Yes - but Miles apart? Just New Delhi and Old Delhi which is a big difference indeed!
Ced: Thank you. I used the new 50 and 35mm Lux and the 28mm Elmarit for "quick and dirty" shots.
Gary, Lloyd: Thanks for the nice comments.

Here some more from Delhi, first shot from the hotel window shows how "green" New Delhi really is...

Thanks
Frank

rayyan

Regards
Frank

Great set, with this one as my fav.
Toronto, too, is a big place Frank!!:D

Regards.

PatrickCheung

Man... I've been away for quite a while, so much to catch up on! But from what I see on the last page...

Dude163... where is this "best ice cream in canada"... I'm very interested :)

m_driscol and MagicFM... Nice sets :) I always like seeing photos from other countries... places I wish to go to myself some day, things I'd like to see for myself.

PeterC, Your 12mm photos make me want a super wide... humm... been contemplating the 15mm lately.

Anyway, I've been away for quite a while 'cause well... a bunch of my stuff just broke.

First my laptop's harddrive just decides to quit, crashed itself, and I had no computer for a while. When I got it back, I had to restore all my programs while balancing school work. Then my newly acquired lens, a beautiful Canon 35/2 broke on the day I got it... so I spent a while trying to get that to a technician to get it fixed. Funny thing, the focus ring locked up with the retaining ring/mount, the aperture ring locked up with the optical element/filter ring, and neither worked. The lens was pretty much in two inoperative halves that spun freely from each other... sucks. Now it's sitting on the desk of Gerry Smith, waiting to get fixed. Hopefully it's fixable!

Oh and it was also my birthday yesterday. 19 (legal drinking age) on St.Patty's day. Yeah.

Here's what I've been up to in the past week!

I've decided to take on the 100 Strangers project as well...

Here's stranger number 1.

"This is Brie, "like the cheese".

She goes to Conestoga College for Graphic Design. Met her writing the word "umbrella" on the ground with a straw and water, smiled at her, and walked on. I ran into her about an hour later with Hillary. This time she was taking photos of teacups! She's working on a project right now called 50 Ways. She has to take a photo of a teacup in 50 different ways. We talked a little, she's super friendly :)"

Oh and... of course, photos from my birthday gathering. No "Project X" stuff, but I prefer it that way :) It appears that I can still operate some form of camera... and play the guitar... whilst intoxicated.

mAlKhamis

Hey guys, sorry for missing all the good work !! it's been crazy for me in the last few months, still alive and shooting. miss you all guys !!

Matt, love the fence shot !

Peter, excellent exposure of the night shot!

Matt, Driscoll, amazing series and colors from the Devaraja Market, well done !

Rayan, amazing shot for the mosque, in deed what a master piece !

Frank, loved your series from Delhi, excellent captures.

Patrick, beautifully caught moments, nice job!

Few with the M9 and 35cron

The Fraud 1 by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

The Fraud 2 by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

The Fraud 3 by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Fernando by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Agostina by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Deserted by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

cheers! Moh

Status
Not open for further replies.