The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

MPK2010: Terrific work (here, and on the NEX-7 thread). Your control of light is really wonderful. In the set above the road and the brooding clouds really stands out, as does the flower shot.

David: Great catch of the cup on the bumper! Excellent driver for sure.

Charles: What a cute kid! He looks very determined on the skateboard, but I love the shot in the ropes.

Robert: Great stuff, as always. Love the portrait of your wife. (Redhead? Looks that way even in b/w). Nice avatar, btw.

Scott: Wonderful set. That first shot is deliciously abstract.

chrism

Going through some older photos....this one of Winston was taken at night with an M9 and a Nokton 35:

Chris

Lloyd

Very nice Lloyd. I am thinking of buying this lens - what is your impression?
I think it's a terrific lens, and as stated above, very much underrated. The LTM version I have is very reasonably priced. The newer, M-mount, which is even faster at f1.8 also gets rave reviews. I don't know if it's still available, but one came up on Rangefinderforum.com today for an excellent price:

Voigtlander Heliar Classic 75mm f/1.8 Lens - Rangefinderforum Photo Equipment Classifieds

Mike Woods

Thanks Lloyd. I would want the f/2.5 version and they do look to be a great buy!
No doubt about it Gary. Good performance at a good price. My only issue (which would be a positive for some) is that I find it rather lightweight - I prefer the heft of Leica lenses (particularly chrome) which I find easier to handle. Probably it's all the coffee I drink which makes my hands shake :rolleyes:

I recently got the 75mm Summarit for a good price. Another really good performer. Trouble is, having recently upgraded to an M9 from an M8 I'm having to get reacquainted with a different set of focal lengths, and neither of the 75s is getting any use. I'm just about to fly off for a couple of weeks and decided on the 35, 50 and 90 as my travel companions :watch:

All the best

Mike

chrism

Chris, isnt that the Spring garden Library in Halifax?
Well spotted. There's another cast of the same statue in Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto (and no doubt others elsewhere!)

Here's another on the same trip:

Still a bit of IR on those black chair backs!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.