Site Sponsors
Page 272 of 295 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 ... LastLast
Results 13,551 to 13,600 of 14716

Thread: Fun w/Digital M Images

  1. #13551
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    the last one has got that medium format look

  2. #13552
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images


    L1026927 by unoh7, M9 ZM 35/2 f/5.6
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #13553
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    M240 with CV25 f4



    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #13554
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    In color with the Summilux 50 f1.4







    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #13555
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Between Friends
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #13556
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    What with all these 40-50-100? megapixel bodies being announced; I feel totally
    antique ( age wise I am ).

    My house is not big enough to hang the prints from such high megapixel cam prints..to do full justice to them.

    They surely must satisfy some user's needs ( why else manufacture them ), even if it is just to talk about them.

    For me, even 10.3 mp is good enough for the photographs I take and the A3 size which is my max print size.

    Details? I get plenty. For my eyes. That's what matters to me.


    Speaking for me only, I better try to improve my photography by taking my 10/12/16 mp cams and see if I can use them to their max. I do not understand the high megapixel lingo anyway.
    Between Friends
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #13557
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    3,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    What with all these 40-50-100? megapixel bodies being announced; I feel totally
    antique ( age wise I am ).

    My house is not big enough to hang the prints from such high megapixel cam prints..to do full justice to them.

    They surely must satisfy some user's needs ( why else manufacture them ), even if it is just to talk about them.

    For me, even 10.3 mp is good enough for the photographs I take and the A3 size which is my max print size.

    Details? I get plenty. For my eyes. That's what matters to me.

    Speaking for me only, I better try to improve my photography by taking my 10/12/16 mp cams and see if I can use them to their max. I do not understand the high megapixel lingo anyway.
    Rayyan,

    so the obvious solution is you need a bigger (much bigger) house first and then you can go for higher MP cameras - just kidding! Same is true for me and I guess most others here!

    Peter

  8. #13558
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Peter thanks for stopping by.

    On my pension, cannot do either. Waiting for oil to go up
    and maybe afford ramen.

    Best wishes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Rayyan,

    so the obvious solution is you need a bigger (much bigger) house first and then you can go for higher MP cameras - just kidding! Same is true for me and I guess most others here!

    Peter

  9. #13559
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    What with all these 40-50-100? megapixel bodies being announced; I feel totally
    antique ( age wise I am ).

    My house is not big enough to hang the prints from such high megapixel cam prints..to do full justice to them.

    They surely must satisfy some user's needs ( why else manufacture them ), even if it is just to talk about them.

    For me, even 10.3 mp is good enough for the photographs I take and the A3 size which is my max print size.

    Details? I get plenty. For my eyes. That's what matters to me.


    Speaking for me only, I better try to improve my photography by taking my 10/12/16 mp cams and see if I can use them to their max. I do not understand the high megapixel lingo anyway.
    LOL! I still have my R-D1. Lovely camera but only produces 6mp images.. Of course, the M240 has a larger sensor. I think the larger megapixel sensors are just part and parcel of the technological advances that are being made. Surely they help the marketing of the products...

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Rayyan,

    so the obvious solution is you need a bigger (much bigger) house first and then you can go for higher MP cameras - just kidding! Same is true for me and I guess most others here!

    Peter
    A great piece of advise to be sure... A much bigger house would surely accommodate larger prints But as you say, most of us here are probably in the same position. Still, it's nice to be able to make those large prints should the occasion arise

  10. #13560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    My first post from the M - Latin Jazz All-Stars at Detroit's Music Hall Jazz Café: Steve Turre on T-bone, Yosvanny Terry on sax, Yunior Terry on bass:

    20150123-021-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

    20150123-033-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

    20150123-022-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

    20150123-091-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

    Leica M iso 3200 1/90 f/2 90 APO | I've a ways to go on post with these files, pardon first try.
    --Mike

    My Flickr
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #13561
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images


    viewpoint by unoh7, on Flickr


    L1027245 by unoh7, on Flickr
    M9 50 cron
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #13562
    Senior Member sjg284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    In honor of Super Storm Juno / Snowpocalypse 2015 / Some Weather, yada yada yada
    M240 & 50lux













    The real fun is supposed to get started shortly and go overnight / most of day tomorrow..
    blog
    steve
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #13563
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images


    L1027359 by unoh7, M9 and Sonnetar @ f/1.1
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #13564
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Worrying about clipped highlights/shadows?
    Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't.

    Me, often I am enjoying the joy of photography to worry about such things.

    Between Friends
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #13565
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Cloudscape I - over the Irish Sea

    This afternoon - M9 35 pre-asph lux

    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #13566
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    M + 28mm summicron. First attempt with PPW of Dan Margulies. It can be ham-fisted.

    Ed
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #13567
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    There was too much sunshine. There was too much contrast. It was hazy at places.

    The floor was slippery. It was too high. Low in places.

    The color balance was way off. The lens was stiff. My eyes were tired.

    The sensor was dirty.

    The cam was not high res enough for detailed landscapes/seascapes.

    So many things were wrong. Worst amongst them..I had the wrong camera..


    I should have brought the cam on which all my lenses can be mounted. No bring all my camera, all my lenses
    and the new one too.

    Just to guarantee I don't miss the shot.
    Between Friends
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #13568
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chonburi Thailand
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    He's adamant you said "casual" !

    Leica M240 - 75mm

    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #13569
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Well - I've been shooting other cameras for the last month, but it's lovely to be back in my comfort zone.
    Caspar is pleased as well.
    Leica M with 50 'lux Asph

    Comfortable

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  20. #13570
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Pooh with shopping carts.
    M + 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R

    Ed
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #13571
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images


    Seat by unoh7, 75 Lux M9
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #13572
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    1,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Big Bambu -- an art piece/playground in the sculpture garden of the Israel Museum. 10,000 pieces of bamboo, tied together by 28 climbers last summer. Still holding up:







    M[240] SE18/3.8, mostly at f/5.6

    scott
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #13573
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    1,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    One more from the sculpture garden -- flowering almond trees and kalaniot:





    scott
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #13574
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images







    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #13575
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    someone proposed with this Ring.... gotta hand it to him!

    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #13576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Seakayaker and Ashwin have all but disappeared.

  27. #13577
    Senior Member ceh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images


    ...



    M9-P,35/1.4 Lux ASPH.,
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #13578
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Lucy's Lambs were rejected by their mother
    So the various Slacks came to the rescue!

    All with the Leica M240 and

    50 'lux



    50 'lux



    50 'lux



    28 elmarit Asph

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #13579
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Leica M with the 28 elmarit Asph

    Sunset Swirl

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #13580
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by MikalWGrass View Post
    Seakayaker and Ashwin have all but disappeared.
    sekayaker is alive and well (a relative term).

    Spent a year January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014 taking and posting a photo a day, https://www.polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/3801739 and it was more work than I imagined.

    Sent my M9 in for repair, replacing the sensor and other odds & ends, so have not been doing any shooting with the digital camera.

    Early January had a bout with acute pancreatitis due to some gall stones that blocked the common bile duct. If you enjoy pain give it a try. A few days with some visits to the primary care provider, some radiology and lab tests led to a couple of days spent as an inpaitient where they planned to remove the gallbladder after performing an ERCP to remove the gallstones. Well an EKG showed something interesting so surgery was postponed after performing the ERCP, which led to further visits with the PCP and my cardiologist which led to more radiology and lab studies, which led to a cardiac catheterization, where they were going to place a stent or two. Well the catherization instead led me to be introduced to the surgeon for CABG x 3 which was performed early last week.

    Now more follow up and rehab for both me and the camera is on the horizon and things should be looking good and possibly be back posting with the M9 in the March timeframe!

  31. #13581
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Dan, and here I thought you were just taking a bit of a break. I am glad that both you and the camera are on the mend, and will be better than new in no time. I miss the pictures of the Pacific NW.

    Glad you are better.

    Mikal

  32. #13582
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Hi There Dan
    Sorry to hear you've been having trouble - very glad to hear that you're feeling better - really looking forward to your posting more.

    As far as Ashwin is concerned - I think he's shooting mostly with Sony A7 cameras these days (I know he didn't like the M240).

    All the best
    Jono

    Just this guy you know

  33. #13583
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by MikalWGrass View Post
    Dan, and here I thought you were just taking a bit of a break. I am glad that both you and the camera are on the mend, and will be better than new in no time. I miss the pictures of the Pacific NW.

    Glad you are better.

    Mikal
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi There Dan
    Sorry to hear you've been having trouble - very glad to hear that you're feeling better - really looking forward to your posting more.

    All the best
    Jono
    Thank you both for your kind words, They are greatly appreciated!

  34. #13584
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Hello Dan.

    Sorry you were having health issues. Get well soon.

    Best wishes.
    Between Friends
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #13585
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Hello Dan.

    Sorry you were having health issues. Get well soon.

    Best wishes.
    Thank you for your kind sentiments, they are appreciated!

    ..... we all get a turn dealing with health issues. It is just my turn, and the alternative is not that appealing.

  36. #13586
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    1,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Dan -- sorry to hear about your health excursions, and I hope you are up and about for real, not just in spirit, real soon. I've enjoyed your daily views of Seattle and hope to see more, whatever your current radius of operation...

    scott
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #13587
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by scott kirkpatrick View Post
    Dan -- sorry to hear about your health excursions, and I hope you are up and about for real, not just in spirit, real soon. I've enjoyed your daily views of Seattle and hope to see more, whatever your current radius of operation...

    scott
    Thanks Scott for you kind comments, they are appreciated.

    My brain does not comprehend time to heal and rehabilitation. It is acquiring that comprehension on a very rapid learning curve. Pain is one thing I don't like as I am sure no one else enjoys it either but when you throw in the physical & mental exhaustion and limitations it can be humbling how we need to give ourselves over to others for a period of time while we get back up to speed. See some folks next week to discuss cardio-rehab. Taking walks and walking up stairs in the meantime to follow the doctors orders.

    Hope to be back in shape enough when the M9 returns to post Seattle in the late winter and spring.

  38. #13588
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Wow Dan, you have been through a lot. Hope your recovery is speedy and that you soon resume what appeared to be long healthy walks with your camera.
    Ed
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #13589
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    I have these Leica-M lenses.
    I bought them to use on my M cameras.

    Did I get it all wrong?

    Realms and realms of pages, threads and posts..using Leica Lenses on xyz cameras. Discussions..how are the corners?, is there banding?, are there color shifts?, works at MFL and at infinity?...

    I am a simple person. I use my Leica M lenses on my Leica M cameras.
    I think they were made for each other. Then again, I could have got it all wrong;
    as usual.

    There used to be a TV ad in the UK..ages ago. ' Live in peace with your pipe..'
    I am at peace with my small M setup.


    But this has one issue.

    I cannot talk about various Leica lenses on various bodies. Guess it makes me a social outcast in such places.
    Between Friends
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #13590
    Member Arjuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    [QUOTE=jonoslack;625726]Lucy's Lambs were rejected by their mother
    So the various Slacks came to the rescue!

    That would be a big job! For a couple of years I spent a lot of time on a friend's farm where there were some sheep: lambing in the Spring was the most fun. One year their was a lamb, Marigold, who was exceptional: the back of the barn was above ground, so most lambs would carefully jump down, but Marigold would rear back and launch herself out! She always wanted to be on top of the compost heap, and if the lambs were running back and forth along a fence, she would be first. If she had been human, you would say that she was bound for the Olympics. But she was a hungry girl, who didn't think that her mother fed her enough. One ewe only had a single lamb, so that meant an available teat, in Marigold's eyes, and if that didn't work, she wasn't above finding a ewe feeding two lambs and bumping one of them off for a quick snack before the ewe noticed what was going on!

    And there was Nuna, the Great Pyrenees, to guard the lambs.

    (All M8 and 35 mm Summarit)


    50 'lux


    Lucy's lambs get to keep their tails! Neat! Lorna's lambs lost their tails pretty quickly - one year she let them keep them, but as the lambs grew, the tails became pretty messy, hygienically speaking.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #13591
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Jenner, California, the week after some big storms, M + 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R













    Ed
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #13592
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by erudolph View Post
    Wow Dan, you have been through a lot. Hope your recovery is speedy and that you soon resume what appeared to be long healthy walks with your camera.
    Thank you for your kind thoughts, they are appreciated!

    I am eagerly awaiting the long walks again, it was always a favorite pastime with a camera in one hand, watching and capturing the world as it went by! Yahoo!

  43. #13593
    Senior Member Mike Woods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    M240 and recently added Noct 0.95 received back from Leica just in time for a short break in Madeira. I hope it's not illegal to stop this lens down occasionally?!









    Mike
    http://mikewoods.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #13594
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    My Blog | Music | flickr
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #13595
    Senior Member Mike Woods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    M240 / 0.95







    Mike
    http://mikewoods.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #13596
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    My Blog | Music | flickr
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #13597
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images


    Echo - Plotting again
    M-P with 75 APO Summicron

    Just this guy you know
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #13598
    Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post
    sekayaker is alive and well (a relative term).

    Spent a year January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014 taking and posting a photo a day, https://www.polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/3801739 and it was more work than I imagined.

    Sent my M9 in for repair, replacing the sensor and other odds & ends, so have not been doing any shooting with the digital camera.

    Early January had a bout with acute pancreatitis due to some gall stones that blocked the common bile duct. If you enjoy pain give it a try. A few days with some visits to the primary care provider, some radiology and lab tests led to a couple of days spent as an inpaitient where they planned to remove the gallbladder after performing an ERCP to remove the gallstones. Well an EKG showed something interesting so surgery was postponed after performing the ERCP, which led to further visits with the PCP and my cardiologist which led to more radiology and lab studies, which led to a cardiac catheterization, where they were going to place a stent or two. Well the catherization instead led me to be introduced to the surgeon for CABG x 3 which was performed early last week.

    Now more follow up and rehab for both me and the camera is on the horizon and things should be looking good and possibly be back posting with the M9 in the March timeframe!
    Dan,

    Our neighborhood is defined by our age ... most of us picked our parents poorly and sadly we ultimately reap the rewards of our genetic code and lifestyle....

    Thankfully you live in the great NW where medical care is wonderful as everyone wants to be near Pike Place Market...most likely the pancreatitis and workup saved you from a major cardiac event.

    Good news is that CABG is so superior to stents for multi-vessel disease ...

    With rehab and care with your diet and lifestyle you should not expect much limitation in lifestyle. Take the next six months slowly ... once your sternum has healed you should be able to ramp up to a fairly normal activity level.

    The truth is that most of us in the US have significant cardiac disease that just has not been diagnosed by our mid-40s....

    Photography, music, art are all great de-stressors that add years to our lives and give us a perspective to the chaos we encounter daily.

    Your M posts have been wonderful ... and I hope to see you very active as you recover.

    (Side note: I am a Cardiac Anesthesiologist .... 32 years 28,000 patients ....
    my life has focused on all that is fairly new for you. Great news is that with care and a bit of luck CABG grafts can last 20 + years...)

    Wish you the best ... fast recovery and return to all that you cherish.

    Regards,

    Bob
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  49. #13599
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    Dan,

    Our neighborhood is defined by our age ... most of us picked our parents poorly and sadly we ultimately reap the rewards of our genetic code and lifestyle....

    Thankfully you live in the great NW where medical care is wonderful as everyone wants to be near Pike Place Market...most likely the pancreatitis and workup saved you from a major cardiac event.

    Good news is that CABG is so superior to stents for multi-vessel disease ...

    With rehab and care with your diet and lifestyle you should not expect much limitation in lifestyle. Take the next six months slowly ... once your sternum has healed you should be able to ramp up to a fairly normal activity level.

    The truth is that most of us in the US have significant cardiac disease that just has not been diagnosed by our mid-40s....

    Photography, music, art are all great de-stressors that add years to our lives and give us a perspective to the chaos we encounter daily.

    Your M posts have been wonderful ... and I hope to see you very active as you recover.

    (Side note: I am a Cardiac Anesthesiologist .... 32 years 28,000 patients ....
    my life has focused on all that is fairly new for you. Great news is that with care and a bit of luck CABG grafts can last 20 + years...)

    Wish you the best ... fast recovery and return to all that you cherish.

    Regards,

    Bob

    Bob, thank you for your kind thoughts, sentiments and wisdom. They are appreciated.

    I do believe you are correct and that the pancreatitis episode did lead to the intervention that saved me from having a major cardiac event. I will be stating a Cardiac Rehab program next week which will meet 3 times a week of 12 weeks. I do plan on taking it easy and make some lifestyle changes.

    Life is Grand!

  50. #13600
    Senior Member Mike Woods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun w/Digital M Images

    M2340 / 35 'lux



    Mike
    http://mikewoods.zenfolio.com/
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •