The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism

Since dinner in this household becomes a verbal jousting match, here's a bleach bypass version of a philosophy major (OK, double honors in math and physics with philosophy as a third major) conceding a point:

and the unspoken winner of all debates (since she has the sense to keep her mouth shut):

Both with M9 and Summilux 75.

Chris

CharlesK

Steve, Charles, Patrick, Rayyan, Lloyd and Ashwin, thank you guys, always appreciated:)

Steve, great portrait capture with the one eye open:thumbup:
Charles, love this baseball series, particularly the standoff in the last shot:)
David, very nice capture of your son:)
Robert, rga, love the last two shots, and the lighting in the last shot!!
Rayyan, beautiful almost suspended shots of the lanterns!
Chris, nicely rendered portrait!
Ashwin, amazing set of the shots with the X Pro 1! This is one of the first series, that I have seen with M glass. Very nice rendering and feel to the shots:thumbup: I have always love the look of Fuji film and their knowledge how it relates to the look of the image.
Looking forward to your side by side comparisons with the battle of the 0.95'ers :D

Last week, I received last my 50 Nocti f 1.0 IV, specifically for portraits, weight and ergonomics is slightly smaller and lighter, than the 0.95. To my surprise the lens was in perfect calibration for a 16 year old lens:D

Some shots this weekend with the 50 Nocti f 1.0 IV:)

Lloyd

Chris: Nice pics, and eerily similar looks from your two protagonists.

Charles: Great work with the Nocti. Nothing wrong with that lens!

PatrickCheung

ARGH. Ashwin, you make me one jealous boy. That X-Pro1 produces some beautiful images, and your new toy is quite the blessing! Amazing work with both gadgets :) The "XLCar Tragic WiperSlime" has been on my radar for the longest time... I think I prefer the photos it makes to the Noctilux... well sometimes at least.

Ended up selling my Hexar RF today, though... due to a little disagreement with my father, I ended up losing most of the money shortly after. Had my eyes on a few lenses prior to losing the cash, including a collapisble cron and a summitar. Figured I'd spend my day familiarizing myself with the 50mm focal length... just to see if I can justify spending that much on a 50! My findings: 50 will take some getting used to on the M8... and my $60 Jupiter 8 takes more interesting photos than my Canon 50/1.8 Serenar. The Serenar will be up for sale soon... if anyone's interested, lemme know!

It was a beautiful day out today :) Spent a lot of it outside with Hillary. I really enjoy climbing playgrounds and sitting on monkey bars. Hillary calls me a man-child, and I can't agree more!

Hillary cleaning her lenses :) M8 + J8

On our way to the park... it's kinda hard focusing and walking backwards at the same time! M8 + Serenar

And then she accidentally swallowed her gum... M8 + J8

ShiroKuro

Thanks for the comments on the Baseball set .... I hadn't realized that he looked like a girl but now I see how the bokeh makes it look like he has long hair ,that combined with the button on his hat ... but it is a boy , two of the youngest players for the ONO ISHI ... This league does have girls playing and they are really good ..... why shouldn't they be ... any way good fun watching these kids play .They have the outmost respect for the game ,other players and their coaches . At the end of each game or practice you will see a kid return, take his hat of and bow to an empty playing field .

Three from todays walk .......

M8.2 50 summilux v2

Lloyd

Thanks for the comments on the Baseball set .... I hadn't realized that he looked like a girl but now I see how the bokeh makes it look like he has long hair ,that combined with the button on his hat ... but it is a boy , two of the youngest players for the ONO ISHI ... This league does have girls playing and they are really good ..... why shouldn't they be ... any way good fun watching these kids play .They have the outmost respect for the game ,other players and their coaches . At the end of each game or practice you will see a kid return, take his hat of and bow to an empty playing field .

Three from todays walk .......

M8.2 50 summilux v2
Very nice set, Charles. Something about that middle one really grabs me. It's a haunting image.

PatrickCheung

My parents and I had a conversation bout the differences between Japanese and Chinese culture a few days ago. It's kind of amazing to see how much respect the Japanese have for the things they do, have, and for each other. I wonder if something like that can be captured in a photo!

Nice photos Charles! I like the way you do black and whites... I tried editing similarly yesterday :p

ced

One from Brussels Flea Market & Olives from the Antwerp Saturday market.
M9 35'Cron. f2

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Thanks, everyone....new toys for sure...

NEX-7 and SLR Magic Hyperprime f/0.95

XPro-1 and SLR Magic Hyperprime f/0.95

M9 and SLR Magic Hyperprime f/0.95

Hosermage

Congrats, Ashwin. Good thing the lens didn't come with that awful green ring. BTW, did you get a hawk's helicoid adapter for the NEX7? I'm just wondering how close you can focus that sucker with the hawk's adapter. Is the MFD 0.7m on the M9?

Just noticed your facial expressions... looks like you were most happy using the Fuji! ;-)

ashwinrao1

Yeah, I asked SLR Magic to make it "Stealth" black. It's built to very high standards (at a Noctilux level or close), Gosh, ,I'd love to get a Hawk's adapter, but I am certain that they are only on Ebay, right? I don't do Ebay/Paypal, so that may be off limits to me? The MFD is 0.7 M on the M9...As for the facial expressions, LOL, good one...I was suprised how easy the thing was to focus with on the Fuji. DOF allows for very precise focus plane assessment. The M9 will provide the best files, but the XPro-1 is quite a wee camera!!!

ShiroKuro

Leica M8.2 50 Summilux V2

Ashwin, the Xpro-1 is an amazing camera , you have shown what this camera is capable of in the right hands .....Looking forward to trying one out .

Status
Not open for further replies.