The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

You know what, Charles? I've been looking to get myself to places like that... though, I feel as if I need to go with someone who speaks Cantonese fluently. I dont know the language well enough to convey myself properly. Maybe I'll check out one of his shows, his work is great :p Could possibly meet a few people to photograph with.

I've also been working on that child/adult relationship... though... it's quite hard to capture without seeming like the pedophile that most of the parents seem to think I am D:

Mike, ORANGE AND GREY! :) Nice set.

Rob, keep taking photos... document everything :) I mean it in the least creepy way possible, but I love that you document your family so much.

Hillary, I cannot express enough how happy those photos made me... they are a sign that you're clearly the girl I've been waiting for. Your style has developed so much in the past few months, and, like they say, you're a natural. You've got this eye for things that I normally overlook. Why do I say that you're clearly the girl I've been waiting for? Well, I feel like I have a lot to learn from you, you can help me grow. Of course, this applies to both life and photography :)

Ashwin, your sports photography always amazed me. Hillary and I keep saying that you take better shots than the players in the game you're shooting! Your ability to focus fast lenses on fast-moving subjects leaves me in awe.

Mike Woods

Mike: You did see me there. It doesn't end, does it? I wanted a little point-n-shoot. The Oly looks great. I just read a positive review today. :D

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Atually, apart from the orb issue I haven't heard much bad stuff said about the X10, so enjoy and have fun!

Patrick, Hilary - thanks for your comments.

Hilary, lovely the images, especially of your grandmother.

Ash, another great image.

Mike

dude163

I think they are looking at the Viking woodcarvings :)

Patrick : I knew what you meant, not creepy at all .When you have your own kids its easy to take pics , at parties I used to introduce myself first " Im Paiges dad " etc , but now im the de facto kids party photographer apparently , which is cool, I get to capture all of these moments for the parents and they are very appreciative , now if only they would gimme cash :) Enjoy HK

seakayaker

This thread is always a feast for the eyes . . . . .

Have not had the M9 out for awhile so I took it along last Sunday when taking a stroll through the Japanese Gardens at the University of Washington Botanical Gardens.

M9 with 35 Lux

Lloyd

Out for a short (very short, as I had knee surgery last Thursday) walk this morning.

Looking East: M8, CV 75/2.5, 6-shot stitch.

From the same spot, a couple of minutes later, looking West: (4-shot stitch)

Mike Woods

There was an interesting comment on our own Monochrom thread recently:

Good mono photographers can"see" in black and white it seems to me. Darn'd if I can! :ROTFL:
Very rarely do I 'see' in black and white either, even if I go out to shoot deliberately for B&W - I even have the LCD set for B&W jpg preview.

Occasionally, though, I do 'see' it - both M9/50'lux

This one is one of my favourites from a recent trip. It loses something at this size, but full screen it's beautiful:

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

Very nice Mike (although you seem to have desaturated the images quite heavily. :D). I especially like that first shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.