The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Gough

rayyan, lovely image of the town! I like the blue door way with the cat too.

Richard, great shot with the masks, you deserved to win! the Monument valley shot is really cool, it looks like it took some work to get it to where you wanted it. I really like my Zm 85/2 as well!

Matt, your images bring back fond memories of India. I am hoping to go back one of these days. Easily one of my favourite countries to travel in. Love the colours!

David, the shadows on the wall is super, I did not know that this was possible with a partial eclipse, thank you for sharing!

Patrick do you speak cantonese? I have founf the people of Honk Kong very approachable for photo's, and I only speak english...

Charles, I commented on that other forum again :)

Lloyd, number three is really speaking to me, super image!

Robert nice family shots!

PatrickCheung

WAAAAAHHHHHHH. The images that have been posted while I was asleep are so amazing.

Charles, you're working wonders with that Nocti... I wish I could get myself one. You've also got the skill and eye to make that lens sing... great work!

Lloyd, amazing shots from the trail, the first and third are my favourite... that third one has a great sense of depth :)

Rob, is that friend the one that doesn't like Leica? His son's got the coolest chinese robes :p I used to ave a se when I was a kid! Great moments you've captured in those shots :) I'm sure he'd love prints!

Andrew, that HDR (i think) from the construction (infront of the IFC by the Ferry Harbour, am I right?) i my favourite :) Really nice colours!

Andrew Gough

Hi Patrick, no HDR, I used a polarizer and a grad on the M9! Took a bit of work but I managed to get everything under control. The 18mm is a super lens for that too BTW

dude163

re: Robe, they both have em, and they look cool, his Dad ( the blurry guy in the background) is from Hong Kong actually, I should show him some of yours and Andrews shots!

hillary.hc.chang

ohmygoodness you guys have done it again xD one day i'll sit down and comment on every photo that i've missed.. but for now i'll leave it as beautiful work from everyone :D (and yes patrick, very aeneas. i feel like i've been doing that a lot lately too...)

from what i remember from so many pages...
Shirokuro: thanks :) it really does suck to be in a rut.. i tried taking my film camera(olympus xa) and shot with it for a couple days :) hopefully i'll finish a roll soon and get them developed. shooting with film helped me a lot with getting out of my rut :D unfortunately only out of my film rut and not so much my digital m rut..
Mike: great sense of humour with the entertainer photo :)
Richard: congrats! really cool photo too :D
Charles: beautiful portraits with the 50/1 nocti. i love it when subjects look straight at the camera :)

I took this photo as a sidenote to Patrick's dimsum photo from hong kong - in vancouver in a dimsum place.. very different from old style dimsum :p no more carts rolling by shouting what they had, no people rushing carts to get the good food.. nope. we were given a sheet of paper with the menu on it, and we just had to fill out how many of what we wanted and it was brought to our table. dignified, quiet, and completely the other end of the spectrum from dimsum in hong kong. and god forbid - they even had english on their menu sheet o__o

rayyan

Drove up a local canyon early last Saturday so Mimi could meet some friends for a training run. The were heading up in to the mountains, starting at a trailhead right by the road. I had a couple of hours to kill, so I took a walk on a different trail, which follows an old pipeline, which took water to a gristmill a century ago. Fortunately for me, and my still-recovering knee, the trail is fairly level, while the canyon falls away quickly.

Along the trail:

Looking down into the canyon:
Watch that knee pal!!. Beautiful lighting, different shades. Love it.:thumbs:

Mike Woods

Thanks everyone for your comments. Always great to see such varied images here - never boring :)

Lloyd, impressive canyon shots, and love the balance between highlight and shadow. I saw a new 28 cron at a dealer's on Saturday but too rich for my blood I'm afraid....

Charles, more great work - last one is lovely.

Robert, nice set especially the 3 generations image.

Andrew another fine series. Wow, you're good :thumbs: Love this one:

Hilary, not familiar with dimsum but doesn't stop me enjoying the image!

Ash, beautiful! Difficult to pick a favourite.

Mike

PatrickCheung

Andrew, I do speak cantonese! To be honest, I'm thinking it's the places I go to and my native look that makes it difficult for me to get photos. To a Hong Kong native, what does it matter that a foreigner has their photo? Unless the guy's an international criminal, it wouldn't affect them. Though, a chinese male in Hong Kong taking photos would be a little different. There's a certain paranoia here, as explained by my relatives, people think you're a photo journalist looking to exploit things. Especially since my family likes to hang out in Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po, where shadier things tend to happen. I have no trouble photographing people in the more developed and modern areas, especially places with a lot of foriegners. Maybe I'll try speaking to them in english next time I want to take a photo!

Ashwin, Seattle looks beautiful :) Though, I've always felt as if the Fuji's files look... almost TOO perfect. There's a certain... "vanilla-ness" to them, when compared to the M9 and especially the M8! That's not to say your work with the fuji is any less great than with the M9!

:) Hillary, when we work in Hong Kong someday, I'll take you to a legit Dim Sum place, if they're still around. There's only about 2 well known (safe) ones left... such a shame as their food was delicious. There's something about eating in such a hectic place that makes the food taste so much better! :p

CharlesK

Andrew, Lloyd, Patrick, Hilary, Rayyan and Mike, thank you guys:)
Robert, wonderful family shots!
Andrew, another great set of shots!!
Hilary, nice shot from your Vancouver Dim Sum restaurant:)
Ashwin, wonderful set with the X Pro1!!

Some more shots from Tainan streets. With the 50 Nocti and 24 Lux:)

Status
Not open for further replies.